S_AL_

Interview at Embassy in Islamabad

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I reached Convention center (not exactly the convention center but this place hidden away in trees where the bus stand is) at about 6 AM, as we got lost. Islamabad’s been under very tight security and virtually all main roads have barricades now. Got in queue for the ticket to shuttle. Before standing in queue, always check if you are in the right queue. Kept my NIC, Passport and Interview letter to be showed at the counter. Apparently anyone accompanying you to this point can get a ticket to the shuttle and can accompany you to the embassy, minus your cell phones, food items and drinks. They can sit outside the embassy on the benches and wait for you.

The ticket counter opened around 7 am. The queue moved quickly. I got the ticket and was in line for the shuttle. Had a security check where men were told to leave bags behind, women however were allowed to carry their handbags as long as there weren’t any cell phones or other mechanical devices. Carrying food was not encouraged. I got on the first shuttle that left for the embassy and enjoyed the slightly long and slow ride to the embassy. Must lookout for the nice sights… they can help you calm down. I had reached the embassy by I think sometime around 8 am. As soon as we got off the bus, we were suppose to stand in another queue; two this time, one for immigrant visas and other for non-immigrant. Guard checked the passport and interview letter and sent people to another security check post. Here they make sure you have no food items or drinks taken inside the embassy. Next there was another queue…and then the guard sent me inside the building. Another check of all the documents I had through the machine and my name checked on their list. I was inside. They told me to go down a long corridor that seemed to lead to a room, which seemed like a bunker. This was for immigrant visa applicants only and they took my fingerprints. Next was the waiting room. Both immigrant visa and non-immigrant visa applicants are interviewed in this hall.

I was first called to window 5 and was asked to submit my passport. I was also asked the medium of language I would like to be interviewed in. Then told to sit and wait to be called again. Next I was called to window 7 and the person there asked for my medical report (just the report and not the x-ray). He also asked me to remove my scarf to see my headline and hair. He returned some extra copies of documents my husband had submitted with the DS-230 and I-864. After that he arranged my file and asked me about a question from DS-230 that was not clear to him. I had submitted an extra script with the required answer and he found that. Then he asked me if I am part of any terrorist organization. We both smiled as the answer was obvious. He then asked me to sign DS-230’s part II. He did not ask for any documents nor did he ask for recent 2x2 photos. I had to ask him for that but he said that was not necessary. He asked if I have any photos with me. I said yes and asked if he wanted to see them…he said that was not needed. He told me to sit and wait to be called again. Confirmed again that the interview will be in English.

After a few minutes I was called at window 3. This was the final interview. The Consular Officer was a White American. He greeted me nicely. Asked if I am comfortable being interviewed in English, then said that my qualification makes me eligible to be fluent in English. He handed me the originals I had submitted with the DS230, along with the list of courier services available and a token stapled to it. Then he asked the following questions:

1. Who is my petitioner?

2. When did we get married?

3. How did we meet?

4. Was getting married to him an issue with my family?

5. What does my husband do?

6. Have I ever been outside Pakistan before?

7. When I said yes, he asked me the places I have been to.

8. He asked if I have all my previous passports with me. I showed them to him.

He typed in all the passport numbers in the system.

Next he took out this green sheet and stamped the date on it. Wrote my case number on it. He said that he is unable to issue the visa right away but congratulated me and said that my visa has been approved. Said that I do not need to come to the embassy for another interview. He said he has already given me the list of courier services through which I should send in my passport as soon as the embassy calls. He also said that it should take about 2 months to get this check done but in good cases, it should not take that long. He returned the passport along with that green sheet and said I should hear from the embassy soon.

This was it. I was done with the interview and back to the shuttle point by 10.

Hope this review helps.

P.S. They did not ask for any documents or evidences (which by the way were plenty), as I believe my husband had sent in photos and affidavits along with the I-130 and DS230.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and I came out happy. Allaah be praised.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

sorry you were put under AP, just like my habibi... Lets hope it goes fast! INSHALLAH!!!! You can joins us in the 221(g) forum anytime!

Nita (F)

Edited by Nita&Assaad

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I wonder why the put you on AP. Did you list a joint sponsor on your I864?

Hope you have a speedy approval and get your visa soon!! Best of luck!

K3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-13

I-130 Approval : 2008-09-08

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-04 (Received in post : 2008-03-18)

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-08

NVC Received : 2008-09-15

NVC left: 2008-09-16

Embassy received: Around 2008-09-23

Package 3.5 received: 2008-10-08

PAckage 3.5 sent: 2008-10-09

Medical: 2008-11-10

Interview date: 2008-11-24

Date of entry into US: 2008-12-14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations on visa approval....hope the AP completes soon!

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Congrats.

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

Timeline

Thank you so much Nita (F) , Zidane (F) , frail (F) , KAHM (F) , trinket (F) and happyinlove012408 (F) for your wishes!

Zidane, my husband has sponsored me alone and this AP is quite normal. I think the CO was surprised to see how I did not react and asked twice if I had any questions. I however could not feel much so he must have noticed that. Nita, at first it did not seem like a big deal but when I got back home and got to talk to my husband in detail, I felt very sad. But alhumdulillaah things happen for a reason and I would not know what is better for me. The AP forum where people have been posting so regularly does make me feel better. Its not a limbo I hope and sooner or later, we'll all be pulled out of it. I just hope my husband in the US does not feel as lonely as I do or things would be difficult. Thank you again for all the wishes and may God make it a swift and smooth journey for us all. aameen.

Regards,

Sara.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline
I reached Convention center (not exactly the convention center but this place hidden away in trees where the bus stand is) at about 6 AM, as we got lost. Islamabad’s been under very tight security and virtually all main roads have barricades now. Got in queue for the ticket to shuttle. Before standing in queue, always check if you are in the right queue. Kept my NIC, Passport and Interview letter to be showed at the counter. Apparently anyone accompanying you to this point can get a ticket to the shuttle and can accompany you to the embassy, minus your cell phones, food items and drinks. They can sit outside the embassy on the benches and wait for you.

The ticket counter opened around 7 am. The queue moved quickly. I got the ticket and was in line for the shuttle. Had a security check where men were told to leave bags behind, women however were allowed to carry their handbags as long as there weren’t any cell phones or other mechanical devices. Carrying food was not encouraged. I got on the first shuttle that left for the embassy and enjoyed the slightly long and slow ride to the embassy. Must lookout for the nice sights… they can help you calm down. I had reached the embassy by I think sometime around 8 am. As soon as we got off the bus, we were suppose to stand in another queue; two this time, one for immigrant visas and other for non-immigrant. Guard checked the passport and interview letter and sent people to another security check post. Here they make sure you have no food items or drinks taken inside the embassy. Next there was another queue…and then the guard sent me inside the building. Another check of all the documents I had through the machine and my name checked on their list. I was inside. They told me to go down a long corridor that seemed to lead to a room, which seemed like a bunker. This was for immigrant visa applicants only and they took my fingerprints. Next was the waiting room. Both immigrant visa and non-immigrant visa applicants are interviewed in this hall.

I was first called to window 5 and was asked to submit my passport. I was also asked the medium of language I would like to be interviewed in. Then told to sit and wait to be called again. Next I was called to window 7 and the person there asked for my medical report (just the report and not the x-ray). He also asked me to remove my scarf to see my headline and hair. He returned some extra copies of documents my husband had submitted with the DS-230 and I-864. After that he arranged my file and asked me about a question from DS-230 that was not clear to him. I had submitted an extra script with the required answer and he found that. Then he asked me if I am part of any terrorist organization. We both smiled as the answer was obvious. He then asked me to sign DS-230’s part II. He did not ask for any documents nor did he ask for recent 2x2 photos. I had to ask him for that but he said that was not necessary. He asked if I have any photos with me. I said yes and asked if he wanted to see them…he said that was not needed. He told me to sit and wait to be called again. Confirmed again that the interview will be in English.

After a few minutes I was called at window 3. This was the final interview. The Consular Officer was a White American. He greeted me nicely. Asked if I am comfortable being interviewed in English, then said that my qualification makes me eligible to be fluent in English. He handed me the originals I had submitted with the DS230, along with the list of courier services available and a token stapled to it. Then he asked the following questions:

1. Who is my petitioner?

2. When did we get married?

3. How did we meet?

4. Was getting married to him an issue with my family?

5. What does my husband do?

6. Have I ever been outside Pakistan before?

7. When I said yes, he asked me the places I have been to.

8. He asked if I have all my previous passports with me. I showed them to him.

He typed in all the passport numbers in the system.

Next he took out this green sheet and stamped the date on it. Wrote my case number on it. He said that he is unable to issue the visa right away but congratulated me and said that my visa has been approved. Said that I do not need to come to the embassy for another interview. He said he has already given me the list of courier services through which I should send in my passport as soon as the embassy calls. He also said that it should take about 2 months to get this check done but in good cases, it should not take that long. He returned the passport along with that green sheet and said I should hear from the embassy soon.

This was it. I was done with the interview and back to the shuttle point by 10.

Hope this review helps.

P.S. They did not ask for any documents or evidences (which by the way were plenty), as I believe my husband had sent in photos and affidavits along with the I-130 and DS230.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and I came out happy. Allaah be praised.

hello there!

i would like to congratulate you on a pleasant interview... and ur visa being approved...

i loved ur interiview review..

my husband in india also had the same exact interveiw as you, with same questions asked in chennai india..

we were not asked to show any docs.. i accompanied him during the interview..

then she gave us a blue 221g paper saying, she could not issue the visa right away.. and put us in AP and said it would take 4-6weeks...

we have been waiting since july 28th 08 :(

havent heard anything, but praying to Allah swt that inshAllah the visa is issued soon...

please join us in the AR/AP thread..

good luck, and not to worry just a matter of lil bit of time!

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

Sara... AP can be stressful!!! My husband is trying to be strong as am I… I am trying to make plans to travel in the end of the year to be with him...Maybe sooner... But AP can be Nerve racking but with patience it can be overcome! INSHALLAH!!! You got a verbal approval, but the CO told my husband that he can't get a visa approval UNTIL the AP/additional clearance was completed... So it's like being in Limbo, no Yes and also no NO :unsure:

Lets Hang in there!! :luv:

Nita (F)

Thank you so much Nita (F) , Zidane (F) , frail (F) , KAHM (F) , trinket (F) and happyinlove012408 (F) for your wishes!

Zidane, my husband has sponsored me alone and this AP is quite normal. I think the CO was surprised to see how I did not react and asked twice if I had any questions. I however could not feel much so he must have noticed that. Nita, at first it did not seem like a big deal but when I got back home and got to talk to my husband in detail, I felt very sad. But alhumdulillaah things happen for a reason and I would not know what is better for me. The AP forum where people have been posting so regularly does make me feel better. Its not a limbo I hope and sooner or later, we'll all be pulled out of it. I just hope my husband in the US does not feel as lonely as I do or things would be difficult. Thank you again for all the wishes and may God make it a swift and smooth journey for us all. aameen.

Regards,

Sara.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Timeline

Thanks hyd617 for the compliment. As soon as I was done withe the interview and informed my husband, he told me to write everything down on paper so I could write a review for you all. I know all about your case as I would silently read about everyone on this forum. I prayed for both you and Nita when the interviews were around the corner but Allaah has His plans and we know very little and are impatient.

Of course meeting up with the better half always help. Imagine, my husband called the DoS today and was kept on hold for an hour...yes a whole hour. He had to get up for a meeting and so he gave up. I suppose in the past there were in-laws who'd test a couple's ability to stick together...now we have the government playing that role

Hang in there. Lebanon is a great place to be Nita. Enjoy your holiday and who knows by the time you'll get there, Assaad will get the visa and accompany you to the US...(I will pray for you). If I may ask, did they keep his passport? They did not keep mine though but maybe they kept his...

I have made a spreadsheet and you can view it in my signature. I really pray to see us all get the visa soon. Can't wait to update it.

Also, the best time to pray is right before fajr. Allaah accepts dua then so please give it a try.

Here with you all :star:

Sara.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline
Thanks hyd617 for the compliment. As soon as I was done withe the interview and informed my husband, he told me to write everything down on paper so I could write a review for you all. I know all about your case as I would silently read about everyone on this forum. I prayed for both you and Nita when the interviews were around the corner but Allaah has His plans and we know very little and are impatient.

Of course meeting up with the better half always help. Imagine, my husband called the DoS today and was kept on hold for an hour...yes a whole hour. He had to get up for a meeting and so he gave up. I suppose in the past there were in-laws who'd test a couple's ability to stick together...now we have the government playing that role

Hang in there. Lebanon is a great place to be Nita. Enjoy your holiday and who knows by the time you'll get there, Assaad will get the visa and accompany you to the US...(I will pray for you). If I may ask, did they keep his passport? They did not keep mine though but maybe they kept his...

I have made a spreadsheet and you can view it in my signature. I really pray to see us all get the visa soon. Can't wait to update it.

Also, the best time to pray is right before fajr. Allaah accepts dua then so please give it a try.

Sara.

Sara

they did not keep my husbands passport..

they said to go to local vfs office to submit it once the embassy contacts him

we r just waiting

i got my congressman involved since its been past 4-6 weeks

so lets see what they can do

its a waste to call DOS sometimes, its better to call embasyy i noticed they give more accurate info..

before fajr is best time to pray u r right, best is tahajud...i try my best to do it...

keep in touch

take care:)

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

actually no Sara, they didn't keep my Husband's passport, the CO told him that they would call him when the process was finished so he can take his passport in to the Embassy....

INSHALLAH it will go fast!!!

Nita (F)

Sara.

Edited by Nita&Assaad

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Timeline

InshaAllaah. They did that to me too but I clearly remember the CO telling me to contact the embassy if they don't call me in two months..so lets see how it goes. This process is such a test but lets be hopeful. I will remember you both in my prayers insha'Allaah.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Timeline

So will I!!! I will be praying for US!!!

On my husband's 221(g) it says 10 weeks, and when I emailed the Embassy, they told me it can take from weeks to months and that my husband or myself can email them to get updates on his case. I am planning on emailing them every 2 weeks, and calling DOS the Alternative weeks that I don’t send the Embassy emails! I am just trying to keep our file active here, wouldn't want them to forget about us!! :whistle:

Nita :luv:

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.