Jack & Xuan

Green Sheet

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Well all, Xuan had her interview today and we got a GREEN sheet. She said they did not even look at our documents. Here are the questions she said they asked her.

Do you speak English?

Who is living with me?

How old is my son?

How many time have I been married?

Where did we meet?

How many times did I come to Vietnam to visit her?

When did I make each trip?

Does she have relatives in US?

Where do they live?

Have they ever lived in Indiana?

When did we get engaged?

Have you have a prior Visa attempt?

Then they handed her a green sheet and said that our relationship was not truth.

Now we are working with Mr. Nam, Marc Ellis's partner to deal with this green sheet.

I will keep you all posted but it looks like we have all the documents they asked for but they did not bother to look. Her interview was near lunch time so you tell me.

Jack & Xuan,

I would not worry too much, it seems that just about everyone gets a green slip on their first attempt. Nam is very knowledgeable and particular so I recommend doing what he asks of the both of you and I am sure you will get your pink slip.

Regards,

Jeff

Well all, Xuan had her interview today and we got a GREEN sheet. She said they did not even look at our documents. Here are the questions she said they asked her.

Do you speak English?

Who is living with me?

How old is my son?

Where did we meet?

Where do they live?

When did we get engaged?

Then they handed her a green sheet and said that our relationship was not truth.

Now we are working with Mr. Nam, Marc Ellis's partner to deal with this green sheet.

I will keep you all posted but it looks like we have all the documents they asked for but they did not bother to look. Her interview was near lunch time so you tell me.

I think green sheet means denied.. Probably just was for a year, or just get married in Vietnam.. and wait for sometime to apply CR1 Visa or K3

It is not easy getting married in Vietnam, I have tried. If you think that the U.S. is bad, try dealing with the Vietnam Government

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline

Green seems to be pretty standard these days. we didnt pass the first time and my wife answered every question correctly. They didnt look at evidence either.They want you to submit things such as your time line at another time i guess. We submitted documents about a week later and got the pink. i do think actually being there with your fiancee does help. they dont like to talk to americans and they know they have to. they even called me when i was in vn. i sent them e-mails and called a lot. just turn in documnets and things should be ok.

Rodney

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
It is not easy getting married in Vietnam, I have tried. If you think that the U.S. is bad, try dealing with the Vietnam Government

I agree its a pain having to deal with VN when it comes to marriage. In some ways it is better, since you can get away with greasing the wheels in VN a lot easier. ;)

Every person up the chain has enough power to stop the process. We ended up giving the gals some extra money to process our papers. They actually stayed about a half hour late too.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

How on earth could the consulate know that you have a son and who is living with you? I that kind of information asked for at some point in this process?? I am so sorry to hear about your situation Jack but I have heard many people getting green and getting pink a few weeks later. Chin up!

Jonas

I-134, question 8... "The following persons are dependent upon me for support:" would probably tell them that. :yes:

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Timeline

Sorry to hear about getting the green slip.

I won't worry because Marc Ellis has an excellent record on getting the Consulate to consider the evidence you submitted at the interview and for the green slip.

Remember the Consulate rarely looks at all of the evidence at the Interview. It's the I-129f and supporting evidence that comes from the USCIS that they consider to base their decision on. The interview is the final "review" that can help or hurt but the decision is usually mostly made before the interview. The CO either believes what is in your I-129f, thinks it's "iffy", finds things missing or lacking in your paperwork or doesn't believe what you have submitted in your I-129f. That's why they don't consider all/any evidence you bring to the interview. They may look at it to see if it is like what you submitted in your I-129f and check a couple of things before handing you your pink, blue, green or white slip.

We hope you get the pink soon!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have Mr Mc Ellis handle the case. My fiance and me met him in person once when we come to sign paper and pay lawyer fee. After that my fiance allow to see him once more time before the interview , he help my fiance preinterview. After interview then green slip asking for more documents. And since then , still can not see him, even requested but his assistant alway said "he busy or he not here" before submit additional documents, my fiance ask his assistant if she can hand all the papers before submit to Mr Mc Ellis so he can recheck all paper work before turn it in- she want to make sure every thing right because only lawyer can point out the wrong point- we want to avoid that, still, his assistant refuse that request and said "I can look at that documents, it no need to be him" then he quickly look and return all documents to my fiance . My fiance submit in and receive another green said "wait" despite of the fact that my fiance 's difficult direct contact to Mr Mc Ellis, I have to email and call him by myself to ask for case's status, Mc Ellis told me to "wait, US consulant is a mess right now, and he advice me to refilling file , thats mean start over again" I dont feel the respect to client we should deserve here, some time I wonder who are the real one we deal with, he or his assistant, but if I'm not wrong, Mr Mc Ellis is the one who we want to take care the case, I have email him with my case number and state he is our client, but then he replied my email and ask if he was hired be my lawyer!!! Its sound to me like he dont know who I'm !!! I guess he had too many case come to him that make him forgot, but if his assistant more organize with case numbers, just a few click on computer, then it will show whats case belong to who and how's it go.....I'm still in middle of everything and it make me keep wonder and wonder about this , I will wait like he advice , and I will follow his instruction ( I have to remind him, ask him because Mc Mc Ellis will not automatic find me or contact me about my case, Mc Mc Ellis will not automatic keep in touch with me if he have any idea, any suggestion...... when I ask, then he will asnwer, if not , then just wait.....) I will be patient in my case, I will follow his instruction, I will not do my own way because I dont want later if some thing happen make my case go wrong, then he my blame on me. I will update my case that handling by Mr McEllis when ever I find out any news. I hope there will be light at the end of dark tunel. At this moment I the only thing I can do is praying for all thing will be ok.

Timeline
I have Mr Mc Ellis handle the case. My fiance and me met him in person once when we come to sign paper and pay lawyer fee. After that my fiance allow to see him once more time before the interview , he help my fiance preinterview. After interview then green slip asking for more documents. And since then , still can not see him, even requested but his assistant alway said "he busy or he not here" before submit additional documents, my fiance ask his assistant if she can hand all the papers before submit to Mr Mc Ellis so he can recheck all paper work before turn it in- she want to make sure every thing right because only lawyer can point out the wrong point- we want to avoid that, still, his assistant refuse that request and said "I can look at that documents, it no need to be him" then he quickly look and return all documents to my fiance . My fiance submit in and receive another green said "wait" despite of the fact that my fiance 's difficult direct contact to Mr Mc Ellis, I have to email and call him by myself to ask for case's status, Mc Ellis told me to "wait, US consulant is a mess right now, and he advice me to refilling file , thats mean start over again" I dont feel the respect to client we should deserve here, some time I wonder who are the real one we deal with, he or his assistant, but if I'm not wrong, Mr Mc Ellis is the one who we want to take care the case, I have email him with my case number and state he is our client, but then he replied my email and ask if he was hired be my lawyer!!! Its sound to me like he dont know who I'm !!! I guess he had too many case come to him that make him forgot, but if his assistant more organize with case numbers, just a few click on computer, then it will show whats case belong to who and how's it go.....I'm still in middle of everything and it make me keep wonder and wonder about this , I will wait like he advice , and I will follow his instruction ( I have to remind him, ask him because Mc Mc Ellis will not automatic find me or contact me about my case, Mc Mc Ellis will not automatic keep in touch with me if he have any idea, any suggestion...... when I ask, then he will asnwer, if not , then just wait.....) I will be patient in my case, I will follow his instruction, I will not do my own way because I dont want later if some thing happen make my case go wrong, then he my blame on me. I will update my case that handling by Mr McEllis when ever I find out any news. I hope there will be light at the end of dark tunel. At this moment I the only thing I can do is praying for all thing will be ok.

Sound like an opportunity to me. all you guys who are looking to move to vietnam, Someone should open up shop to help with the visa process. Looks like demand is increasing and supply is not. I don't see why you would need an atty if you're realisticly never going to to to court or on trial. i think you're paying for is name and reputaion more than anything. if Ellis has "name and rep" clout on the "inside", lot of ppl's cases should be approved by now. but it seems to me he's been slacking laterly. I'm sure be's been essential to alot of us, and alot of us owe everything to him, but i see opportunity here.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Those are the standard questions. My wife was asked the same. We got a blue paper asking for some more evidence of relationship. I initially gave selected e-mails and chat transcripts throughout our relationship. For the resubmit we killed a couple of trees with pages and pages of chat, etc. Also, they wanted proof of my ex-wife's residence. We supplied it, and got the Pink sheet.

My advice, look at what you submitted, fill the holes in your documentation, and don't leave anything out.

Best of luck!

Roger & Linh

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Well so far we are still waiting. We turned all the documents they requested on Oct 15 and they just handed her a blue sheet that pretty much said wait for us to make a decision. The old, (don't call us, we will call you). I have emailed Marc Ellis and he seems to think we need to wait. I am not sure what exactly we paid for but I sure hope it will be evident at some point. I do know that Mr. Nam was a big help to Xuan and for that I guess it was worth the money. I did expect a bit more. Like one of them to follow up with the embassy from time to time on our behalf to help keep our names in front of someone. Guess that is not the way it is done though. I have emailed the embassy and got the, your case will need reviewed by our staff and there could be a "significant delay". According to ME that could be 4 to 5 months and the answer could still be no. If I had half a million US I would just say screw the US government and move to Vietnam. Invest the money in property or something there and never come back. I was a US Marine and our government just pisses me off some times. BUT I am poor and I have to just wait it out I guess.

Anyway that is the update. Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Well so far we are still waiting. We turned all the documents they requested on Oct 15 and they just handed her a blue sheet that pretty much said wait for us to make a decision. The old, (don't call us, we will call you). I have emailed Marc Ellis and he seems to think we need to wait. I am not sure what exactly we paid for but I sure hope it will be evident at some point. I do know that Mr. Nam was a big help to Xuan and for that I guess it was worth the money. I did expect a bit more. Like one of them to follow up with the embassy from time to time on our behalf to help keep our names in front of someone. Guess that is not the way it is done though. I have emailed the embassy and got the, your case will need reviewed by our staff and there could be a "significant delay". According to ME that could be 4 to 5 months and the answer could still be no. If I had half a million US I would just say screw the US government and move to Vietnam. Invest the money in property or something there and never come back. I was a US Marine and our government just pisses me off some times. BUT I am poor and I have to just wait it out I guess.

Anyway that is the update. Thanks again for all the well wishes.

I'm with you. I'm still working on my paperwork that they requested. I'm meeting a lawyer here near me that I understand is very good, because the embassy didn't like that I'm employed through an agency. I have full medical coverage... even dental and vision. I've approached the company about putting me on full time but they just keep telling me, lets talk next week. With the economy, I know they are cutting back. But there are 4 people in my department. I'm going to see what this lawyer says... and maybe have him work with M.E. - I don't know yet. But I have not totally ruled out moving to Vietnam for a little while. Maybe till January or February. I really don't have anything to stick around here for. Other than trying to find a job that is not through an agency. Not an easy task in I.T.

I did get another job offer. Less pay. No medical. Very small company.

Well, I hope they get back to you soon. I think we all need a big massive prayer event to make something happen with that embassy :)

Timeline

I have noticed a few things that the embassy seems to be really looking at that seem to be very important. The time line, which everyone has been required to submit and the number of trips to visit in VN seems to be a very big deal. i made 2 trips to vn because we received a blue slip after the first interview. i believe it does make a difference if you are there during the interview process. i know it can be difficult and costly, but it can be a difference maker. I had to make 2 trips in less than 6 months so it wasn't cheap, but it was worth it. I made sure consulate knew i would be there and i actually received calls from them to verify the day. i let the CO know it also by putting a letter in my paperwork we had to submit. I didnt use a lawyer and with the help of a lot of people here we got the pink and have now applied for AOS. thanks everyone

Rodney

Do you speak English?

Who is living with me?

How old is my son?

Where did we meet?

Where do they live?

When did we get engaged?

Sorry this had happen to you.

I hope you'll patch up things. My best hopes for you. (F)

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.