Nita&Assaad

Administrative Processing Questions

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I think I am having a melt down at this moment!! I spoke to my senator and they can't do an inquiry until 3 weeks, so I tried my Congressman office and they can do it right away. But in talking with someone from their office, he explain to me that AP is one track road and usually can end in visa denial and that I should prepare myself with a lawyer and re-apply once again.... I started to cry :crying:

Maybe I am hearing the worst case, but I am feeling very Despaired and I am thinking I might have to make plans to move with my love in Lebanon!!!

:crying:

Nita (F)

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have seen more approvals in AP then denials. If they deny you they must have a legitimate reason. If they think your relationship is fraudulent they have to have evidence and so on. I know this process seems like we have not control over the outcome, but there are laws in place to protect us as citizens. Unfortunately, if any actions is taken that leads to a denial that is not warranted we endure more time and expensive lawyers.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

I see you have an interview coming up? Is this your second one? I see you had one on 7/7? Were you put in AP too?

Nita

I have seen more approvals in AP then denials. If they deny you they must have a legitimate reason. If they think your relationship is fraudulent they have to have evidence and so on. I know this process seems like we have not control over the outcome, but there are laws in place to protect us as citizens. Unfortunately, if any actions is taken that leads to a denial that is not warranted we endure more time and expensive lawyers.

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I see you have an interview coming up? Is this your second one? I see you had one on 7/7? Were you put in AP too?

Nita

nita what they told you is not true, dont make urself upset... if ur visa was to be denied, they would need to prove that its a fraud marriage, apparently they dint ask ur husband for proof, so that is out of the quesiton.. ur husbands case is prob in its last stages, after interivew some cases are sent to DOS for security background check.. its normal. nothing to worry about, just time is the key factor...

contact ur congressman, i still havent heard back from mine yet, i will call again today...

did uc all dos? wat happeneD?

dont dishearten yourself, its not true.. u dont need to think about moving back, he will be here inshAllah.. just keep following up ok..

talk to u later,

hang in there were in this together

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

thank you Hyd.... You made me feel bit better girl!!!!! HUGSSSSSSSSS (F)

I did call DOS on Friday, they told me they don't have our file yet, so I was thinking of waiting until Wednesday to call again. They told me they don't know what the Embassy is requesting that they would have to wait for the file first!!!

I am Praying INSHALLAH but I got panic over the weekend, and didn't want to continue with fixing our little cottage any further, what if I started thinking..... :( I rather save that money just in case I have to move. :unsure:

I dont know maybe I am stressing a bit too much now!!!

Nita (F)

Nita

nita what they told you is not true, dont make urself upset... if ur visa was to be denied, they would need to prove that its a fraud marriage, apparently they dint ask ur husband for proof, so that is out of the quesiton.. ur husbands case is prob in its last stages, after interivew some cases are sent to DOS for security background check.. its normal. nothing to worry about, just time is the key factor...

contact ur congressman, i still havent heard back from mine yet, i will call again today...

did uc all dos? wat happeneD?

dont dishearten yourself, its not true.. u dont need to think about moving back, he will be here inshAllah.. just keep following up ok..

talk to u later,

hang in there were in this together

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Nita side by side mate,

Listen hun, that is untrue!. You are shattered right now but you must draw strength from your faith to hold on - we are here for you and you know that. You shall make it thru this horrific journey my luv, please, reasons for denial are based on other lack of evidence , that was not your case with your habebee - he is in name check = you know it, we know it - hang on luv - here for you if you need me

xxxxx

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My countdown is now counting the days since my interview. WE have been on ap since 7/7. The embassy did a home visit last week so hopefully our case is almost complete.

AP is just additional processing to make sure it is legitamate. A flag of doubt, but they have to prove anything. They cannot go on assumptions. You are all set. You just have to wait out the process.

Nita

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

aahhhh ok I get it now!! so you been in Ap for over 3 months... Lets hope you almost done!!!

Good Luck to you!!!

Nita (F)

My countdown is now counting the days since my interview. WE have been on ap since 7/7. The embassy did a home visit last week so hopefully our case is almost complete.

AP is just additional processing to make sure it is legitamate. A flag of doubt, but they have to prove anything. They cannot go on assumptions. You are all set. You just have to wait out the process.

Nita

Thank U Susie I know you guys are GREAT!!! Just I am having one of those weeks I guess :(

Hugs Susie :luv:

Nita

Nita side by side mate,

Listen hun, that is untrue!. You are shattered right now but you must draw strength from your faith to hold on - we are here for you and you know that. You shall make it thru this horrific journey my luv, please, reasons for denial are based on other lack of evidence , that was not your case with your habebee - he is in name check = you know it, we know it - hang on luv - here for you if you need me

xxxxx

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Nita I know how you feel! I suppose the only comfort is that we are all in this together. I really don't think the person you spoke to at your congressman's office knew what they were talking about. Maybe they were confused. Chances are we know a lot more about this process than they do! It is our LIVES.

I agree with the others that most of the cases put into AP are approved. I've even read statistics that support that claim. At least in terms of name check clearances. I wrote my senator today...hopefully they will be able to help us out a little...we shall see.

Stay strong and keep using VJ and this forum for support!

::HUGS::

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"

NITA - UNLESS YOUR HUSBAND IS FOUND TO BE PRACTICING POLYGAMY, YOU WILL NOT BE DENIED. There can be other reasons, but those cases get denied at interview. The whole point of being approved on interview is that the relationship has been established well and the case is in fact, conditionally approved. AP is security/background checks. So you see, the other way of getting denied is your husband being a terrorist and I don't think he is one! So don't go crazy. This is completely false information and I suggest you and everyone else not to call your congressmen or anyone else to ask about AP matters. They don't know how AP works...I am not saying I do...as clearly I am still lost, its just that calling DOS, no matter how much they can or cannot help you is way better than calling a government agency that does not specialize in immigration and/or AP. I went to the embassy in person last year and I asked them, can cases be denied? The person informed me that no, and if for some reason it has to be a HUGE reason like they find the husband with another wife in the country, the person being literally connected to terrorist organizations, and other extremes like that. You are already APPROVED. Do not worry! Just wait it out like the rest of us. Don't be prepared for deinal, thats so stupid to say to a person wanting help, I mean what nightmare did you go through past days hearing that! Save yourself! Be prepared for 5-6 months of AP if you want to prepare for something that really may happen. Remember that every case is unique and your husband may get his visa before that time.

God bless, and be more patient. That is the best remedy. I have done the whole driving myself crazy shindig 30 million times already in the last 13 months. Right now my best advice to you is just to talk to him more, increase the love and understanding and communication and wait it out one day at a time together. Plan future vacations and trips and stay positive. You can do it.

Sending prayers to our husbands, who have been nothing short of wonderful during this arduous process.

Tam

Edited by tammy2688

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

ya nita, whoemever you talked to at the office, apparently has no idea how this AP thing works...

i think all of us here at visa journey can become immigrations lawyers or adjudicaters at USCIS LOL since we got the whole process down so well..

we all have done our research... bc were anxious for answers, bc we are in the situation not our lawyers or adjudicaters or embassy staff...

so dont wory, right after my interview i thought i was going to pass out... bc i did not know what AP was.. and me being with my husband at interview time, had no clue we could be temporarily denied LOL .. now we look back and laugh at it, but look forward to the day we get the call

everything happens for a reason from GOD, but the good thing is we at VJ keep each other updated..

so nita start fixing up ur cottage, u know in no time he will be here, just like with the rest of us!!

hang in there

by the way i called up congressmans office, and the person handling my case emailed me saying they wil begin working on the case tomorrow.. means today..

i hope something positive comes out of this

anddd quick update, last night i stayed up late to call the us embassy in chennai, india..

so the lady there told me they are still waiting for my husbands name check clearance to come thru ( said it takes 3-4 weeks to 3 months)

AND after our interview on JULY28th they sent the file to DOS and were waiting for name check clearance... apparently chennai did not hear anything from DOS so chennai sent the CASE AGAIN on august 20th to DOS.. now awaiting the name check clearance

so after i heard this yesterday i assume that at DOS things move slow... ? and you got to push them to get our cases completed..

im glad chennai sent the case again to them (hope it works now and they complete the name check clearance)

one other thing i learned from calling chennai last night was REASON for AP.. till now no one told why we were put in AP, not DOS not the embassy not the counsular officer BUT yesterday at chennai the lady who picked up my phone said "mam we are still wating for your husbands name check clearance as of aug 20"

so its a relied that its nothing complicated in our AP. and matter of time and i think following up with them..

i hope we get the clearance soon..she said as soon as we get clearance from DOS, then we will mail your husband to send passport or email him if a email id is provided...

ahhhh.. sometimes i want to pull my hair out with this process.. but thankful to GOD that i found out something yesterday...

just an update guys, thanks and hope eveyrone gets thru this AP quick and dont have to look back at it...

have a good day!

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

Thanks you guys... Made me feel 200% much better!!!!!!!! Yeah I thought about it and I dont think I will get that office to help me, think I will go with my senator's office even if takes extra weeks.... And my Husband is hanging in there better now more than I am :bonk: We haven't seen each other in almost 2 years, but I am planning a trip there within the next 2 months. So I am excited to see him!!! Thank you again!!! If it wasn't for Vj I would be falling apart!!! It's a big comfort that we all can support each other in times like this!!!

Hugs

Nita :luv:

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Nita - I see you are in the SF Bay Area, so am I. My fiance and I went through a 11+ mth AP/AR. I was in touch with Barbara Lee's office (consulate liason) quite a bit. Hope your rep's office can get an update for you.

I found Boxer & Feinstein's offices non-responsive...

Keep busy --- its the only thing for the waiting insanity!!

Timeline

Thank you! I actually contacted her office yesterday.... My cousin use to work there so he suggested them!! She is not in my District, so I am hoping she can help!!!

Boxer's office told me they would do an inquiry but in 3 weeks.... WOW 11 months is too long!! Since we been waiting already 2.5 years :crying: Where is your fiance from?? What was the reason for AP for you?

(F) Nita

Nita - I see you are in the SF Bay Area, so am I. My fiance and I went through a 11+ mth AP/AR. I was in touch with Barbara Lee's office (consulate liason) quite a bit. Hope your rep's office can get an update for you.

I found Boxer & Feinstein's offices non-responsive...

Keep busy --- its the only thing for the waiting insanity!!

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

NVC

Embassy

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

USA

11.25.08 - POE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Nita--I am curious why it took so long for your NOA2--did you receive an RFE?

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.