skeez&titanic

im new at this have a couple of question!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancee and I have been together for over 2 years now. We try to see each other often. I should be getting my NOA2 any day now. My first question is the affidavit of support. I live in the USA and he lives in the UK. I have a job working in the school system but I do receive child support and alimony for I have three children. Does that count as income. Even though I work full time i make okay money. Does anyone know about that. And second he wants to come and visit me for a couple of weeks but dont know when anything else will take affect like the medical and how fast the process is after I get the NOA2. If someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. We don't like being apart from each other for very long. And can't wait until we are together forever.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hello,

Firstly since you are going threw London you may want to jump across to the UK Forum it may come in useful especially when the Interview/Medical stage comes up.

Child support and Alimony certainly is Income and I dont see any reason why you wouldn't be able to add that into your calculations hopefully someone can give you a more definite answer.

I also went threw London and from the day I recieved my NOA2 until my Packet 3 was about 3 weeks, with packet three they ask if you have travel dates, medical date etc; you could always include a cover letter stating that you would like the interview after a specific time London are very accomadating.

Your Fiance books the medical himself so there is no designated time, although if he has it after his interview his Visa would be adjudicated depending medical results (like mine was) , the only thing to be wary of is the NOA2 expiration date, although if it expires I believe all you need is an updated, notarised letter of intent that you still wish to marry for him to take to her interview.

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I had the same question about child support and e-mailed the consulate of my fiance's country (Nicaragua). I was told by the person who replied to my e-mail to report it as other income on the financial affadavit, without including any court documents detailing the child support order. I was also told the only supporting documentation to include was my tax return, no employer letter and no bank letter. This is different from what the instructions on the affadavit say. I was also told to answer "I intend" on question 11, which is different from the advise I have seen here on VJ. I would contact the consulate in the UK to see what is required, if that is an option.

Good Luck!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello,

Firstly since you are going threw London you may want to jump across to the UK Forum it may come in useful especially when the Interview/Medical stage comes up.

Child support and Alimony certainly is Income and I dont see any reason why you wouldn't be able to add that into your calculations hopefully someone can give you a more definite answer.

I also went threw London and from the day I recieved my NOA2 until my Packet 3 was about 3 weeks, with packet three they ask if you have travel dates, medical date etc; you could always include a cover letter stating that you would like the interview after a specific time London are very accomadating.

Your Fiance books the medical himself so there is no designated time, although if he has it after his interview his Visa would be adjudicated depending medical results (like mine was) , the only thing to be wary of is the NOA2 expiration date, although if it expires I believe all you need is an updated, notarised letter of intent that you still wish to marry for him to take to her interview.

"Court ordered" child support can be listed as an income source and alimony/spousal support would be too as long as it will continue for at least three years after the intending immigrant arrives. You would list it regardless and supply copies of the court orders unless included in the certified copy of your divorce decree.

Letters of intent need not be notarized but it won't hurt. Do have the I-134 notarized.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hello,

Thank you very much for the insight I will definately look into it more. I dont know how long I have until the NOA2 comes in and what other paperwork I will need. Since it hasn't arrived yet. I just want to be prepared and get it out asap but not make any mistakes. And i am not good at filling out paperwork. And I don't know what he has to fill out. We just dont want to make mistakes.

Timeline
Hello,

"Court ordered" child support can be listed as an income source and alimony/spousal support would be too as long as it will continue for at least three years after the intending immigrant arrives. You would list it regardless and supply copies of the court orders unless included in the certified copy of your divorce decree.

Letters of intent need not be notarized but it won't hurt. Do have the I-134 notarized.

My child support will go on until all my children reach the age of 18 and they are 13,8 and 7 but my alimony will be gone once me and my fiance get married. But that is okay cause I make up for that with me working. But thank you for letting me know i appreciate it. I have all documents is they need evidence of how much I get from my ex-husband.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The consulate explained it to me that it's better to have more, than less. So the more you claim you earn, with proof, the better it is. I plan to provide at least 3 years income tax returns from my fiance, bank statements, etc.

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago IL (transfered to California)

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-09-25

NOA Date : 2009-09-30

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Approved Date : 2009-11-17

Date Card Received : 2009-11-20

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago IL (transfered to California)

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-09-25

NOA Date : 2009-09-30

RFE(s) :

Date Received : 2009-11-10

axdob4uy4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.