10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have to admit that I have so much stress in my life that being in the AP black whole has not affected me. My husband is such a spiritual & emotional support from such a distance that it has been significant through my recent struggles.

Today he told me that his brother and his address had a visit from someone from the embassy. I know this is great news, because it means the embassy is working on our case.

Does anyone have an estimate as to when we might get the phone call to come back in?

I just want to use this forum to thank all my VJ friends for their notes and comments of encouragement.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

What does it mean when you get a home visit? And also does everyone in AP get home visits?

Nita :unsure:

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

The visa is usually given after they process the home visit and do a last check at the embassy level. This is around 2-6 weeks. Yes, home visits are progress! Lurking, I hope you guys get the visa soon.

Nita,

No not everyone gets a home visit. If they have any question of authenticity, or if the applicant is from a high-fraud country such as MiddleEast, N. Africa, and South Asia as well as some Latino countries, home visits are done for some applicants. It is not bad it if its done to your nor good. It's just another part of processing, but for those who get one, they can know that work is being done on their cases. Otherwise little is known about what happens to a case from AP-Visa issuance.

I hope everyone is able to reunite with their loved ones soon.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Timeline

Thanks Tammy,

That is just what I thought through what I have read. I sent the embassy an email about 1 1/2 weeks ago so hopefully I will hear back some good news soon.

The visit does feel good to know that they are working on our case.

This is the best news I have gotten since he got his interview date.

The visa is usually given after they process the home visit and do a last check at the embassy level. This is around 2-6 weeks. Yes, home visits are progress! Lurking, I hope you guys get the visa soon.

Nita,

No not everyone gets a home visit. If they have any question of authenticity, or if the applicant is from a high-fraud country such as MiddleEast, N. Africa, and South Asia as well as some Latino countries, home visits are done for some applicants. It is not bad it if its done to your nor good. It's just another part of processing, but for those who get one, they can know that work is being done on their cases. Otherwise little is known about what happens to a case from AP-Visa issuance.

God bless,

Tam

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I hope it goes fast for you!!! Good Luck

Nita (F)

Thanks Tammy,

That is just what I thought through what I have read. I sent the embassy an email about 1 1/2 weeks ago so hopefully I will hear back some good news soon.

The visit does feel good to know that they are working on our case.

This is the best news I have gotten since he got his interview date.

Nita,

God bless,

Tam

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

lurking i was so a hapy to read about ur update!

thats great news!

im sooooo happy for u and ur husband!

hope u hear good news soon!!

keep us updated

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I have to admit that I have so much stress in my life that being in the AP black whole has not affected me. My husband is such a spiritual & emotional support from such a distance that it has been significant through my recent struggles.

Today he told me that his brother and his address had a visit from someone from the embassy. I know this is great news, because it means the embassy is working on our case.

Does anyone have an estimate as to when we might get the phone call to come back in?

I just want to use this forum to thank all my VJ friends for their notes and comments of encouragement.

Wow Lurking, you too? My husband's family home was just visited by an embassy official as well on Monday, the exact lady that interviewed both of us in August at his original interview. His brother answered all her questions and then went to his mother, but his mother didn't realize who she was because she wouldn't identify herself, but just asked her to answer her questions, so my mother in law told her no since she would not identify herself. The lady just turned around and left. My husband's brother then told my MIL that this was a lady from the embassy, so she ran after her and said that she didn't know who she was, but she can state the fact that her son is happily married, but the lady ignored her and left in her car. My MIL now is concerned that this will negatively affect our case, but maybe not since my husband's brother answered all her questions. I, too, emailed the embassy to inquire about our case, but havent' received an answer yet.

I am so happy for you that this is going to be over soon. Maybe our husbands will be called back together, who knows?

Good luck. I will keep you in my prayers!

Deb

I-130

Marriage : 3/10/07

I-130 Sent : 5/17/07 transferred from NSC to CSC

I-130 NOA1 : 6/12/07 pending at CSC

Touched: 11/07/2007!!!!!! (However, no touches on I-129F)

Touched: 11/30/2007 Touched: 12/02/07 (on a Sunday) (Guess the lady actually did put on someone's desk afterall).

Touched: 12/06/07 (Hopefully this is them working on it)

Touched: 12/07/07 (Yesssss, come on approval!!!!)

Touched: 12/08/07 (Working on it even on a Saturday. What dedication!!!)

Touched: 12/12/07 (RFE)

Received RFE: 12/26/07

Sent back RFE: 12/26/07

Received in USCIS RFE mailroom: 12/27/07

Resumed case: 01/07/08

Touched: 01/08/2008

Touched: 01/09/2008 (APPROVED)

Touched: 01/10/2008

Received NOA2 by snail mail: 01/14/2008

Interview date: 08/12/2008 Put in the "black hole" of Administrative Processing

2nd Interview date: 12/08/2008 (Rescheduled on 12/22/08 due to 12/8 being a Muslin Holiday)

12/22/08: Visa denied on the basis that his mother didn't confirm our marriage. She didn't answer any questions because embassy official didn't identify herself.

07/06/09: Received Notice of Intent to Revoke

07/27/09: Sent in evidence disputing investigation findings

07/30/09: Case processing has resumed

Timeline

Hello Kelly,

Do not worry. Your mom-in-law not answering questions should not be held against you. I have read some of your post where they think it is fraud, but without any proof you will get your visa. It might take a little longer because of their intention on proving they are right.

They did not accuse my husband of being a fraud, but through his interview details i can tell they never intended on giving him that visa no matter what he said in the interview or brought to the table. I am glad to hear that they are doing their research on our case.

He has a verifiable backround of service to a church, work, and school. So that helps in our case too. Plus our ages do not bring question because he is 9 years my senior.

Stay strong! Thank you for your note. Keep me posted if you hear anything. Feel free to send me a note.

Wow Lurking, you too? My husband's family home was just visited by an embassy official as well on Monday, the exact lady that interviewed both of us in August at his original interview. His brother answered all her questions and then went to his mother, but his mother didn't realize who she was because she wouldn't identify herself, but just asked her to answer her questions, so my mother in law told her no since she would not identify herself. The lady just turned around and left. My husband's brother then told my MIL that this was a lady from the embassy, so she ran after her and said that she didn't know who she was, but she can state the fact that her son is happily married, but the lady ignored her and left in her car. My MIL now is concerned that this will negatively affect our case, but maybe not since my husband's brother answered all her questions. I, too, emailed the embassy to inquire about our case, but havent' received an answer yet.

I am so happy for you that this is going to be over soon. Maybe our husbands will be called back together, who knows?

Good luck. I will keep you in my prayers!

Deb

Thanks for your note!

I was so happy yesterday. It literally is the best news I have had since he got his interview date.

I emailed them about two weeks ago, so I should hear from them soon with good news I just know.

I will keep you all posted.

lurking i was so a hapy to read about ur update!

thats great news!

im sooooo happy for u and ur husband!

hope u hear good news soon!!

keep us updated

Hope you get good news soon :thumbs:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.