KIMCORENE

AOS FILERS: OCTOBER 2008

1,943 posts in this topic

received my new appointment date in the mail for the 11th of feb but i'm going as planned to the one on the 20th of january also

I am glad you got your new interview date in the mail Alxmrt, I dont blame you for going on your original date, its better to be safe than sorry. Good luck to you on your interview, and let us know what happens.

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/23/2011.....................Package was received(Day 3)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

09/24/2011.....................Received 10yr green card in the mail.

My window for Citizenship 05/20/2012

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to hear you had a good time Barrow! More good times ahead!

So I went to the RMV today to get my permit. The line was horrendous of course. After over an hour wait, my number was called and I showed all the i.d stuff I had - one of them being the NOA with my address on it as proof of residency. When I saw the woman get her manual out I knew I may be in for trouble! She told me that since the NOA's and EAD are all from USCIS, that it doesn't count!!! I never heard anything so ridiculous! I looked at her like she was crazy and she asked me if I had a utility bill...I give her letters addressed to me from the Department of Homeland Security and she wants a light bill?!!! Anyway, all that to say that she finally let up and allowed me to use the marriage certificate as proof of residency AND I guess, D.O.B. I breathed a sigh of relief when she gave me my slip to go and take the written part of the test. I did it, and by the skin of my teeth passed it. my thoughts to you all that have to get your license? Get the book, flip through it to find all the information that does NOT seem relevant - then study that!!! I say that I only just passed it because the majority of my questions were to do with Junior operators and since I am not one, I felt it okay to skip over that section! Good job I at least have an ounce of common sense, which came in handy today! So now I have my permit and need to get a road test and I'm good to go!

No other news for me!

Congrads on passing your drivers test and getting your permit. I am very glad Beantownbabe that you got to take your drivers test, and unbelievable how the woman at the BMV was acting. So how did you study for the drivers test? I know you told me about this the other day on how to go about it, is it possible to review the material online? How many questions were on the test and is it done on the computer or is it written multiple choice?

I have email from CRIS saying Card Production ordered. This is second email for the EAD

Mehmet.Turkey you should be getting your EAD in the mail in a few days.

I am sitting in my hotel room right now about to goto bed. I have my bloody biometrics in the morning at 10am. Costing me about $200 to get it done as I live on an island and they scheduled it in some town Id never heard of near Providence rather than the much closer and easier Boston. So anyway, hope it goes smooth. Any tips?

Gnight all.

Hey Tony that sucks man that you had to pay $200 to get your biometrics done in a different state unbelieveable. I do hope your appointment goes well and hope from there everything will pick up.

My EAD came in the mail yesterday Woo!

Still no sign of this notice they mailed..guess that's not important anymore?

Beantownbabe..I'm studying my driver's manual too..wee bit scared of driving on the wrong side of the road to be honest :unsure:

Congrads Fuzzymiss for receiving your EAD in the mail!! :dance:

Removal of Conditions

05/20/2011.....................Sent off package today, so now playing the waiting game.(Day 1)

05/28/2011.....................Received NOA/one year extention letter dated 5/23/2011(Day 8)

06/04/2011.....................I got my biometrics letter in the mail, my appointment is for 06/13/2011@11:00am (Day 14)

06/13/2011.....................Biometrics appointment today @Cleveland, Ohio @11:00am (Day 23)

09/20/2011.....................Approved for 10yr green card, wooohooooo next step citizenship

Hope you hear something GOOD soon. I did mine on Saturday- at least they let you know why it hasn't been scheduled yet.

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

So I went to the RMV today to get my permit. The line was horrendous of course. After over an hour wait, my number was called and I showed all the i.d stuff I had - one of them being the NOA with my address on it as proof of residency. When I saw the woman get her manual out I knew I may be in for trouble! She told me that since the NOA's and EAD are all from USCIS, that it doesn't count!!! I never heard anything so ridiculous! I looked at her like she was crazy and she asked me if I had a utility bill...I give her letters addressed to me from the Department of Homeland Security and she wants a light bill?!!! Anyway, all that to say that she finally let up and allowed me to use the marriage certificate as proof of residency AND I guess, D.O.B. I breathed a sigh of relief when she gave me my slip to go and take the written part of the test. I did it, and by the skin of my teeth passed it. my thoughts to you all that have to get your license? Get the book, flip through it to find all the information that does NOT seem relevant - then study that!!! I say that I only just passed it because the majority of my questions were to do with Junior operators and since I am not one, I felt it okay to skip over that section! Good job I at least have an ounce of common sense, which came in handy today! So now I have my permit and need to get a road test and I'm good to go!

No other news for me!

Did you not have a UK license atall? i did and all i had to do was sit written test and they gave me my license there and then no need for road test. i did the same thing though skipped alot of the book and just made it through the test.

Yes, I have had a UK license for years but I still had to go through the motions. I even wrote down my license number on the application form and everything but no-one said I didn't have to sit the road test. When I looked in the manual, England/UK was not a country which could forgo it - you either got lucky, or I was just unlucky!

N-400 Journey

June 9th 2012 - Application sent

June 14th 2012 - NOA sent

June 28th - Biometrics letter sent -- July 26th Appointment date

July 12th 2012 - Early Biometrics/Walk-in

August ( ) - Interview letter received -- September 14th Interview date

September 14th 2012 - Interview! Oath date in hand, September 20th @ noon!

Timeline
I am sitting in my hotel room right now about to goto bed. I have my bloody biometrics in the morning at 10am. Costing me about $200 to get it done as I live on an island and they scheduled it in some town Id never heard of near Providence rather than the much closer and easier Boston. So anyway, hope it goes smooth. Any tips?

Gnight all.

Good luck! Sorry it's costing you an arm and a leg for those few minutes in the ASC. At least this part will be over with and things will speed up from here. No tips really, it's all very straightforward!

N-400 Journey

Timeline

Beantownbabe..I'm studying my driver's manual too..wee bit scared of driving on the wrong side of the road to be honest :unsure:

Congratulations! The notice you are looking for is your EAD!!! That's what they were mailing you - I think it says "We mailed you an approval..." or something like that? Well, if you read the paper that the EAD is attached to, it says "blah, blah, blah, approved..." or something to that nature. No need to look out for anything else right now, unless it's an interview letter!

N-400 Journey

Timeline

Oh yes, the driving manual! I'm telling you - they ask questions which are almost irrelevant to the average driver! Most of it is common sense, and just read then REREAD the wording (I almost tripped myself up on one question because of how it was worded...) I got alot of Junior Operator questions, like I said before - a marijuana question, couple of alcohol questions, license suspension questions and only a couple of actual "driving" questions like "What color is a stop sign?!" Good luck!

N-400 Journey

Timeline

OMG!!!

I'm just sitting here responding to posts and the mailman came with my interview letter!!!!!!!!!

Oh #######, my heart is racing now...let's see...MONDAY, MARCH 2nd @ 10.30am!!!! YAY!

As you can tell I am only a little bit excited!!!

OMG - let me go and read the letter...

N-400 Journey

OMG!!!

I'm just sitting here responding to posts and the mailman came with my interview letter!!!!!!!!!

Oh #######, my heart is racing now...let's see...MONDAY, MARCH 2nd @ 10.30am!!!! YAY!

Congrads Beantownbabe on getting your interview letter!!! :dance: I can imagine you were excited and I felt the sameway and others can confirm the feeling you are having right now. Congrads once again.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

No other news for me!

Congrads on passing your drivers test and getting your permit. I am very glad Beantownbabe that you got to take your drivers test, and unbelievable how the woman at the BMV was acting. So how did you study for the drivers test? I know you told me about this the other day on how to go about it, is it possible to review the material online? How many questions were on the test and is it done on the computer or is it written multiple choice?

I have email from CRIS saying Card Production ordered. This is second email for the EAD

Mehmet.Turkey you should be getting your EAD in the mail in a few days.

Gnight all.

Hey Tony that sucks man that you had to pay $200 to get your biometrics done in a different state unbelieveable. I do hope your appointment goes well and hope from there everything will pick up.

Congrads Fuzzymiss for receiving your EAD in the mail!! :dance:

Okay, so I'm back!

In answer to your question, CanadianMade - I "Studied" the manual simply by reading most of it - it's really quite boring actually and I skipped over sections of it, which was almost my downfall! It is all done on a computer screen and you have 20 minutes to answer 20 questions. In order to pass, you must get at least 14 out of the twenty correct. It's a multiple choice which definitely makes it even easier, but like I said before sometime you just have to watch the wording on a question. I got really lucky with one of my questions - it was about the effects of marijuana and driving...luckily I had specifically read it the day before, so I smiled when I saw it as a question (I would have had no clue, ZERO of the correct response they wanted, had I not just seen it in the manual!!!) Hopefully your RMV office will not be like mine was - a cattlemarket and you have to take the test right there alongside everyone and their uncles and aunts who are applying, registering,arguing, etc., etc. - it was so distracting. I guess it's good training for driving then, huh?!

N-400 Journey

Filed: Timeline

EAD came in the mail today.... so exciting!

AOS TIMELINE

Oct 27, 2008- Sent AOS/EAD/AP to the Chicago Lock Box

Oct 28, 2008- Delivered

Nov 7, 2008- NOA AOS/EAD/AP received

Nov 10, 2008- Biometrics letter received scheduled for Nov 28, 2008

Nov 13, 2008- Biometrics Walk in - all Hackensack NJ all done and dusted !

Nov 23, 2008 - RFE for marriage certificate-- are you kidding me?? This was included in my package. How annoying!!

NOv 24, 2008- Response for RFE mailed via express mail

Nov 25, 2008- Case processing resumed

Dec 31, 2008- Received email from CRIS EAD card production ordered. Thank you Lord!!!! YAY YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH WOOO HOOO

Jan 3, 2009- AP approval email received

Jan 7, 2009 - 2nd email from CRIS EAD production ordered... Send the damn card already... Jeez the wait is killing me

Jan 9, 2009- EAD Approval email

Jan12, 2009- AP comes in the mail

Jan 13,2009- EAD comes in the mail, FINALLY!!

April 20, 2009- AOS Interview- Approved

OMG!!!

Yay! Congrats! :thumbs:

USCIS TIMELINE

N400 (Citizenship Application):

Package sent: 02/17/2012

NOA Date: 02/21/2012

Hi everyone,

Today, I got touched on I-485 again. My status didn't change though. It's really nice to know someone is working on the csc cases.

I-485 Application To Register Permanent Resident Or Adjust Status

6th October 2008 Sent entire AOS package by USPS Express

7th October 2008 AOS package signed for by V. Bustamante

10th October 2008 check cashed

14th October 2008 NOA1 hardcopy

14th October 2008 Touch (registered online)

20th October 2008 Biometrics appt letter mailed

24th October 2008 Biometrics appt. letter received

4th November 2008 Biometrics Appt. @ USCIS - Dallas Support Center.

5th November 2008 Case Transferred to USCIS - CSC for Processing.

20th November 2008 CRIS Email: the Case pending where it was transferred.

22th November 2008 letter received: the Case pending where it was transferred.

24th November 2008 Touch (registered online)

12th January 2009 Touch (registered online)

13th January 2009 Touch (registered online)

OMG!!!

Brilliant! I'm glad to know the Boston office are moving the October filers through..fingers crossed for the rest of us!

Applying for Citizenship

17th January 2012 Sent in N-400 application

24th January 2012 Received conformation e-mail from USCIS

25th January 2012 Cheque cashed

13th February 2012 Biometrics appointment

5th March 2012 Received e-mail I am in line for interview scheduling

8th March 2012 Received letter for interview

12th April 2012 Interview date-approved

10th May 2012 Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Congrads idealistix for receiving your AP and EAD in the mail. :dance: I can imagine you were happy.

Thanks Canadianmade, I noticed that we have pretty similar timelines too. Congrats to everybody who got their EADs and/or APs!

I am now busy applying for jobs. The sucky economy is definitely hurting me (I am an automotive engineer). I have contacts at a few companies, but they all have hiring freezes. I'll probably look for some temp positions, but there aren't many of those either in Central Ohio.

10 Oct - Arrived in the US on K-1 visa

12 Oct - Legally married! We'll have the ceremony and the reception in Spring '09.

18 Oct - Visited civil surgeon for vaccination records

29 Oct - Mailed I-485 packet to USCIS Chicago lockbox

31 Oct - Packet received by USCIS [Day 1]

06 Nov - NOAs for I-485, I-765 and I-131

14 Nov - Biometrics appointment notice date

19 Nov - I-485 application transferred to CSC

04 Dec - Biometrics appointment [Day 35]

05 Dec - I-485 and I-765 touched [probably attached biometrics info to my records]

05 Jan - EAD card production ordered and AP approval notice sent! Received e-mails from CRIS. [Day 67]

12 Jan - Received EAD card and AP documents. [Day 74]

13 Mar - Received RFE from CSC for I-865 and "missing" medical forms

31 Mar - Response to RFE sent to CSC

23 Apr - I-485 approved! Received e-mail from CRIS. [Day 175]

25 Apr - Received green card, which is not green at all! Done with USCIS for 21 months! [Day 177]

01 Feb - Apply to remove conditions on the temporary permanent resident card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.