LilLoveBug

One Angry WOMAN

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My poor man in VN is upset because everyone keeps telling him he will be denied a visa because he has tattoos.

does he have a tattoo of your name, or tattoo's? be specific. and someone asked you if you were "ILOVETAN". you didn't answer. if he has tattoos and that is the stereotype, there may be problems. although I agree with you. expressing yourself through body art is no reason for denial.. good luck

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The Consulate in HCMC understand both US and Vietnamese customs. Tatoos isn't the problem for getting denied a visa. Not having a real relationship or being able to document one is the reason for denial. What you should be worrying about is having shown the USCIS that you have a real relationship and that any "red flags" are explained in your I129f so the Consulate in HCMC won't be asking for additional evidence at his interview. If now you realize there are things missing such proof of trips, gifts, calls etc, you should prepare to answer them at the interview.

Once you have your NOA2, you need to make sure you have everything ready for the interview. If you get a blue slip, be prepared to quickly respond so he can get his visa. Most people in Vietnam don't get a K1/K3 visa the first time because of paperwork missing or poorly presented in thier I129f and at the interview.

The good news is most people end up getting their visas to the US. In some cases it can take a while but if the love between you is real and lasting, you will succeed.

Good Luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
I've never heard of anyone that was denied over tattoos before. I don't know about the bulk of the Vietnamese population, but my wife endured a lot of speculation and nasty rumors surrounding her departure. Her neighbors said I just visited her for sex (no sex happened) and since I got what I want, she'll never actually get her visa. They were also saying she'd be denied because she's too dumb, too pretty, too ugly, and all sorts of other ridiculous reasons. I'm not sure if this is typical gossip or what, but it seemed like the rumor mill was in overdrive in her neighborhood.

I don't think any of the statements said by her neighbors were positive. The only nice statements were from her friends and family. I'm not sure if this is just a cultural thing or if there's a resentment towards those that leave the country?

chinese people are the same way. i was living in china when i met my wife and we started dating. everybody in her circle told her i would just move on when i was done. lots of foreigners have. the PSB actually got involved when she moved in with me. if i hadn't been sitting on 15 million dollars in export contracts at one of the cities 10 largest producers for a year or so by then, she would have been jailed and i would have been revoked visa and expelled.

due to the extremely poor implementation of IMBRA, out case took 16 months to approve, most of which time we lived together. when we did finally get visa, nobody believed until she showed them. when we packed our bags to leave for America together, people were even more shocked. after we got married in the states we returned to china for a wedding banquet, and pulled out all of the stops.

we held the banquet in the largest room available in the tourist hotel i have an apartment on the residential floors of, and invited everybody. we had 100 dozen flowers, a bubble machine, a grand piano, several hundred guests, a video show of our relationship in china and america, dining, dancing, and fireworks on the stage. everybody had a chance to hold the microphone and have their say. luoyang hasn't seen anything like it before or since. the local newspaper covered the event.

nobody gives us #######, anymore, except in beijing when we are traveling thru. in hotels there the elevatormen still stop my wife and ask her what she is doing in a lao wai hotel going up with a guizu. i tell them "tai shi wo quizu, biao pung tai" she is my wife, don't touch her.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I have to say I never saw anyone in Vietnam who had tattoos while I was there. First ILOVETAN's green haired fiance now this. Is this a new thing?

It's Vietnam "growing up." The only guy I saw in Hanoi with tattoos actually lives in Germany, and was just back to visit his mother. We ate a his family's hole-in-the-wall restaurant, which is how I discovered this.

On another note, I NEVER had ANYBODY ever make a negative comment or stare at us in a disapproving sort of way. People DID come up to us and make inappropriate comments (by Western standards), like, "Your husband is very handsome, but he's a little thin, you need to feed him more." I swear I am not making this up. But as far as anything truly negative, nothing ever happened.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

get over it. don't worry about what ppl say. if you are concerned the consualte may have issue with tats, don't show them any pics with them. problems solved. put your freedom of artistic expression aside and squash your self rightousness. put your husband's case in the most favorable condition and deal with the hoopla later.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is why I highly recommend everyone to file your case, move the paperwork, submit, prepare everything in secretive while in Vietnam and US. When I say secretive, it means the vietnamese speaking people around your S.O. should NOT EVER be allowed to be informed, awared and in the know of ANYTHING related to your case. If they speak Vietnaemse and living in VN, nor US, you don't talk to them about your case. You want answers, get on VJ, you want suppport, get on VJ.

Traditionally, Tatoos isn't the issue. But who knows, if they start questioning people's tatoos (or you like to call body arts), then be ready to have a good answer or casually work it in the coversation "Right after she proposed to me, I love her so much, I went and got a tatoo of her name on the back of my neck" Here is the big picture: How to show and convince the C.O. that your relationship is real. Tatoo or not, doesn't prove to make or break your case. It's the complete package putting together and that makes sense to the C.O.!

Good luck, be focus but never turn "Tunnel Vision" on your Visa Journey! Think "BIG PICTURE"

Chuck and Kim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline
Some interviewer maybe hostile towards any signs of tattoos. Their ethics are skewed because they don't get paid that much

ethics/morals come from how you are raised !!! rich or poor, it doesn't matter. I grew up poor, but do very well now and never forgot where I came from and how many good for nothing snobs I had to push out of my way to get what I wanted and deserved.

Do you have substantial money and does that make you feel like your ethics are on a higher level than most? if so, you just keep telling yourself that !!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I just wanted to say I know how you feel about people's talk. I dont really get it either. Early on, people were telling my husband all kinds of horror stories. And of course we USC's have our fair share of people whispering in our ears lol

As far as the tats, I agree with what many people said. take the piercings out, cover the tats. Act as if its a job interview. :)

GoodLuck and I hope your man comes around and realizes that the people talking arent "visa pors", theydont work at the embassy and he should ignore any negative influences

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
Some interviewer maybe hostile towards any signs of tattoos. Their ethics are skewed because they don't get paid that much

ethics/morals come from how you are raised !!! rich or poor, it doesn't matter. I grew up poor, but do very well now and never forgot where I came from and how many good for nothing snobs I had to push out of my way to get what I wanted and deserved.

Do you have substantial money and does that make you feel like your ethics are on a higher level than most? if so, you just keep telling yourself that !!!

Well, for many people. You are yourself. I've seen a number of Americans here working abroad at the US Embassy worldwide that carry over their American characteristics.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline

Well, for many people. You are yourself. I've seen a number of Americans here working abroad at the US Embassy worldwide that carry over their American characteristics.

####### are you talking about. do you even know? not real sure what characteristics you are reffering to.

Timeline

####### are you talking about. do you even know? not real sure what characteristics you are reffering to.

If you worked in a job that gives you a salary of less than 20k or 30k, you see that they don't tend to do their jobs at the most efficient levels. Hmmm....If you worked in HR for a few years, probably you would understand how the people tend to be less motivated to a job the more they work, and the less they get complimented.

Working in a US Embassy as a VISA attendant, one needs a high school diploma, and fluent in both English and the local language. Not only that, they must understand the culture around. Traveling to several countries, I visited a number of hospitals (American sponsored hospitals) that carry ads for positions in the embassy. They list their requirements. That is how I learned their qualifications.

Timeline

If you worked in a job that gives you a salary of less than 20k or 30k, you see that they don't tend to do their jobs at the most efficient levels. Hmmm....If you worked in HR for a few years, probably you would understand how the people tend to be less motivated to a job the more they work, and the less they get complimented.

Working in a US Embassy as a VISA attendant, one needs a high school diploma, and fluent in both English and the local language. Not only that, they must understand the culture around. Traveling to several countries, I visited a number of hospitals (American sponsored hospitals) that carry ads for positions in the embassy. They list their requirements. That is how I learned their qualifications.

lets see here...you think your god, as ur profile claims ! people that are underpaid and don't get complimented but nonetheless work their azz off every day. is not just unfortunate for being underpaid, but also lazy and lack motivation and efficiency. you should realize that a job that pays your bills and supports your family with food and a roof over their heads is satisfaction enough for many in this world. what gives them the lack of motivation is the inconsiderate, unapreciative clowns like you they have to deal with on a day to day basis. thinking your better than someone coz your more fortunate then them is just ignorant thinking. as far as I'm concerned, if you work hard everyday. you have my respect in that department. just remember, one day you may be applying for that job !!

Timeline

lets see here...you think your god, as ur profile claims ! people that are underpaid and don't get complimented but nonetheless work their azz off every day. is not just unfortunate for being underpaid, but also lazy and lack motivation and efficiency. you should realize that a job that pays your bills and supports your family with food and a roof over their heads is satisfaction enough for many in this world. what gives them the lack of motivation is the inconsiderate, unapreciative clowns like you they have to deal with on a day to day basis. thinking your better than someone coz your more fortunate then them is just ignorant thinking. as far as I'm concerned, if you work hard everyday. you have my respect in that department. just remember, one day you may be applying for that job !!

Because they work hard everyday, doesn't translate into being kind and sincere. I hope you see this?

I'm surprise that you believe I'm God.

Edited by consolemaster

Timeline

Because they work hard everyday, doesn't translate into being kind and sincere. I hope you see this?

I'm surprise that you believe I'm God.

nobody believes it . you just think it.. with your lack of respect for people, who would be kind or sincere to you ? I remember you post hillbillies are piggy. what or who is a hillbilly. you keep talking #### about people, you'll never get respect !! what class of people are you going to put down next ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.