1. 1. Did you meet

• On line?
    • On Vacation in their country
    • Introduced by a friend?
    • While they were visiting the U.S.

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Met my husband on Skype. He and his brothers had gotten Internet at home and were thinking about opening a cybercafe. He was new to chatting and was just sending messages to lots of random strangers, male and female from all over the world, just goofing around. I played along because he kept his talk so clean and respectful. Neither of us was looking for anything, and I thought he was too young anyway. We became chat buddies, talked about anything and everything except romance, and we found a lot in common, strange as it seemed. Our communication felt so effortless, and I didn't have any alarm bells going off at all, again probably because he kept his talk so clean. I had a webcam, but he didn't want me to turn it on until a couple months into our friendship when he was able to borrow one himself. The real attachment developed over several months time, and we started thinking this could actually work. I went there to find out more and ended up engaged to my best friend. Marrying him has been one of the best decisions of my life.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Seria~ those moroccan men sure now how to make us miss them dont they...is it their eyes? the way they talk? I don't know but they sure now how to get into a woman's head and heart don't they?

Rajaa! Ugh, yes they do! The first time I went to Morocco I just fell in love with the country but I never imagined I would fall in love with a man from there. The following summer I went back just wanting to travel around and enjoy the country again and see more than I did before...and it "just happened". I saw him, I elbowed my friend, "LOOK how CUTE that guy is!", he saw me, and that was it. :blush:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

He walked out of my dreams and into my arms

now he's my angel devine.

He's my love, he's beautiful

and he's mine , oh mine, mine mine.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow nagi u are good, you just dreamed him up and now hes here, good work ha hope same dream for all

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

0f course it helps to wear glasses when going to sleep. This way, one can see their dreams more clearly.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

hum ok will try that :thumbs: (is that because they are so hot)

Edited by brnidokiegurl

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
Seria~ those moroccan men sure now how to make us miss them dont they...is it their eyes? the way they talk? I don't know but they sure now how to get into a woman's head and heart don't they?

Rajaa! Ugh, yes they do! The first time I went to Morocco I just fell in love with the country but I never imagined I would fall in love with a man from there. The following summer I went back just wanting to travel around and enjoy the country again and see more than I did before...and it "just happened". I saw him, I elbowed my friend, "LOOK how CUTE that guy is!", he saw me, and that was it. :blush:

you know... i had great feelings for my husband before we got to meet in person... when i stepped off the plane and saw him for the first time... I knew i was in love he said (later i found this out) "she is more beautiful in person than on the cam" to his brother there lol I thought i looked good on the cam.. :blush:

I can't help but smile when i think of those first few days together the ackward smiles the nervousness all i could do was smile and say Insha'allah, mashallah and hamdolah LMAO :star:

He walked out of my dreams and into my arms

now he's my angel devine.

He's my love, he's beautiful

and he's mine , oh mine, mine mine.

that was beautiful...... :blush:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I met Tarik without even planning to.

My friend Suzan had just tried to hook me up with her brother Idreese. Suzan was intent on getting me married. I was open to the idea but no really looking. After her brother moved back to Jordan, weeks passed and I didn't even think twice about marriage. One day, I was in my room and I got a phone call from Suzan. She asked if I was still looking for a man. I said: Sure I guess it couldn't hurt. Why? She then explained that she had been talking to her friend Nadia about me. Nadia suggested her brother for a possible husband for me. Suzan asked me if it was ok for him to e-mail me and I agreed. She made everything sound so urgent like he was on the other end of the phone waiting for an answer. I had an image of this cute Moroccan guy waiting by the phone for a phone call about his future bride. It sounded cute (but I was slightly suspicious).

Sure enough, a few hours later I received an e-mail from Tarik. It was the cutest broken English I've ever read! He sounded so cute, so nieve and sincere. I e-mailed him back and within an hour He e-mailed me back. After about a week of missing eachother on MSN, we finally caught up with eachother and started chatting. It just worked :) After the usual snowball effect with more chatting, talking on the phone and webcams. We started falling love. After a few months, Tarik invited me to Casablanca. I was hesitant to say the least. School was about to start, I was nervous to meet him and travel alone. After much thinking, I went to Casablanca. It was amazing. He was amazing. His family was amazing. While I was in Morocco, Tarik and I decided we were going to get engaged. 1 week after I arrived, we had the engagement party! I was so happy! It was surreal to think that I was looking at the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with! The man I had been dreaming about all my life was here in front of me. So many days when I was a little girl I wondered: What is my future husband doing now? Where is he? What is he like? Now I knew! He was REAL! Wow. Just remembering all of that makes me so happy!

Then we spent 11 months apart from eachother. i swear the distance helped us come closer together. I fell in love with him more and more every day. He was there for me even though he was half a world away (even though it was only 5 hours difference :) ) He was there for me when my dad had his heart attack, he was there for me through tough job changes he was there for everything. Finally, August 9,2008 I saw him coming down the escalator in his green shirt and khakis (with his cute Europeanish "man purse") and I finally held him in my arms. His smell, the feel of his arms around me. It was amazing!!!!!!!

And that is how I met my hubby :)

I think by writing that I just fell for him a little harder (L) (L) (L) (L)

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:lol: I think I fall more for my husband every day :wub:

We're coming up on the year mark, but it's like the honeymoon period started when he was gone for 2 months and came back :blush:

This process is so hard when they first get here that I don't know I ever had that initial honeymoon period. I gave up the wedding and traditional honeymoon - we just had a dinner - and then real life started. When he left again it just made things that much better when he came back - things just worked :wub:

Sorry for getting all gooey :ot2:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
look at the love stories!!!!

SS We both had to cancel our accounts too.... it was too much funny now my husband would freak if i mentioned going online other than visa journey now.

Amal, you sound like me when i first went to morocco....i had soooo many back up plans for back up plans to "escape" morocco on my first visit including having gold and diamonds sewed into my coat to secret words to politicans in an email. lol i know a little over the top right?

PB next time you need anything painted...may I suggest you hire someone???? lol I know cause you are a hotty and he couldn't stop taking his eyes of you.

The Big Yard....Scotland???? WTH? I would love to go!!!! for romance and intrigue

Its funny, but my husband doesn't want me on any of those sites anymore either. I really don't need them anymore anyway though.

Oh, you know what my backup was? I had an international cell phone with me. I gave my family the sim card numbers and cell phone info in case I dissappeared so they could find me, lol. I of course didn't need it, but at least I knew there was a good backup should something bad happened (I didn't think it would be my husband so much as other people).

Edited by S and S

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:lol: I think I fall more for my husband every day :wub:

Oh my gosh, me too. Every day is better and stronger! :wub: :wub:

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
**bump**

Ok, so what does bump mean?

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.