R&C

K-1 Visa Perú Questions

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

What things should I know about the K-1 visa for Perú? Are co-sponsors allowed? What are the approval/denial rate? What things hurt the approval? I haven't started the timeline yet, but what papers do I take to have her fill out? Do education factor into the visa? I just want to know what things could possible effect our chances of approval.

Filed: Timeline

Peru does accept co-sponsors, yes.

To access the forms you need, it would be in your best interest to check the top of the site, under "Downloads." In that section, you'll see a link called "K1 Forms." http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1forms For examples of how to fill them out, take a look at the "Example Forms" link next to "Downloads."

It would also benefit you to check out everything relating to the K-1 under "Guides," Which you should see, again, at the top of the site.

Many of the answers to your questions, as well as all forms and most information you'll need is located within the links at the top of the forum. It just takes a little bit of searching. If you are having a hard time finding an answer to a question you may have, use the handy google-search feature, also located at the top of the forum.

Best of luck to you and your fiancee during the process.

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello Sublime fan

I think your questions were answered. Just read, read, read and read. So far, my NOA2 is approved :jest: and i am waiting for my interview which is on October 10th....I am very nervous but happy because I will finally wee my baby boy, if everything works out good at the end.

Good luck and if you have any question, let me know!!!!!!

P.S. When you send your I-129F update your timeline so you will have an idea of the lenght of your case. Good luck and welcome aboard! :thumbs:

Edited by vickydeutsch
mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Timeline

No, not at all. My fiance submitted the I129F in June and my I129F was approved by the first wekk of September (which was earlier than we expected. According to my timeline, i should receive my approval between September 26th and October 3rd). I received my package on September 25th and my interview will be on October 10th!!!!!!. As soon as you get the approval, everyhting comes pretty quick. The long waiting is just the approval of the NOA1, approx 4 months, hopefully earlier than that.

Good luck with your journey!!!!!

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey

We applied for our K-1 in january, 2007. We had our interview in June 07, were approved, and just got approved for the two year conditional green card this month here in Portland, OR.

My husband grew up in a very poor section of Lima and did not have any schooling past high school, except a few months of english classes before we left peru. We had no problems because of any of that. They did't ask for any documentation regarding education. Provided you have a genuine, loving relationship, you should have no problem getting your K-1 approved at the Lima Embassy.

Do read the K-1 guides, as other members have indicated. That will help you so much in getting the paperwork together. good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Hey

We applied for our K-1 in january, 2007. We had our interview in June 07, were approved, and just got approved for the two year conditional green card this month here in Portland, OR.

My husband grew up in a very poor section of Lima and did not have any schooling past high school, except a few months of english classes before we left peru. We had no problems because of any of that. They did't ask for any documentation regarding education. Provided you have a genuine, loving relationship, you should have no problem getting your K-1 approved at the Lima Embassy.

Do read the K-1 guides, as other members have indicated. That will help you so much in getting the paperwork together. good luck!

Oh my good! that was quick..I am so excited for you and hopefully we don't have trouble in the process.

Timeline
Hey

Oh my good! that was quick..I am so excited for you and hopefully we don't have trouble in the process.

I saw you sent your NOA1!!! congratulations!!!! now it's just a matter of time to wait for the approval....by february :wow: good luck!!!!

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Timeline
Yes, I am so excited!!! I am checking my bank account every day to see if they cash the check, so far it hasn't been cashed...

Just wait for a couple of weeks....hey, look who's talking? :rofl: it was my fianc who told me all the time: just relax, it will come soon!!!. Well, i am telling you this now: just relax, the NOA1 will come soon :D

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.