Captain Ewok

Please See My Comments here

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks so much for your comments, Cap'n.

My friends, please agree with me that off-topic threads should be allowed in the unpinned PI general forum. If you look at the other regional forums like the UK, Canada, MENA, etc., you can sense the thrilled faces of their posters, as the British rant about their footie and soap and ice cream syrup, as the Canucks take their medication while they are bewildered about their names. No to mention the Arabs chatting about Ramadan, and other nationalities yapping pleasantries that are not exactly akin to immigration.

Why ain't we Filipinos granted the same privilege? When off-topic threads were aplenty, we were full of high spirits, vitality, vigor and joy. We talked about how good the Cowboys and the Broncos are, or how Inday and others are joyful to be BISDAKS or Ilocanos, or how big things in Texas and California are. We blabbed anent how we savor our hard beverage, or how we set adobo and calderreta on the dining table, or how we relish golf, tennis and fishing. Sweet!! But today, we can't; and if we hop to the pinned off-topic threads, everything in that vicinity is totally disconnected and in utter disarray.

In my opinion, VJ is a social website, contrary to what others might imagine. We must be able to freely form and exchange any and all ideas imaginable with the exception of those that tend to harm and injure others. We don't desire to be regular gluttons for discrimination; because as you might have known, some Filipino women have been punching bags for devilish good for nothing regulars and trolls on VJ and other spin-off websites. :star::star::star:

A. J. Ancheta

Corona, California

Edited by AJAnTESS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My friends, please agree with me that off-topic threads should be allowed in the unpinned PI general forum. If you look at the other regional forums like the UK, Canada, MENA, etc., you can sense the thrilled faces of their posters, as the British rant about their footie and soap and ice cream syrup, as the Canucks take their medication while they are bewildered about their names. No to mention the Arabs chatting about Ramadan, and other nationalities yapping pleasantries that are not exactly akin to immigration.

Why ain't we Filipinos granted the same privilege? When off-topic threads were aplenty, we were full of high spirits, vitality, vigor and joy. We talked about how good the Cowboys and the Broncos are, or how Inday and others are joyful to be BISDAKS or Ilocanos, or how big things in Texas and California are. We blabbed anent how we savor our hard beverage, or how we set adobo and calderreta on the dining table, or how we relish golf, tennis and fishing. Sweet!! But today, we can't; and if we hop to the pinned off-topic threads, everything in that vicinity is totally disconnected and in utter disarray.

In my opinion, VJ is a social website, contrary to what others might imagine. We must be able to freely form and exchange any and all ideas imaginable with the exception of those that tend to harm and injure others. We don't desire to be regular gluttons for discrimination; because as you might have known, some Filipino women have been punching bags for devilish good for nothing regulars and trolls on VJ and other spin-off websites. :star::star::star:

A. J. Ancheta

Corona, California

i agree with you. there's too much in that pinned off topic thread that i won't even bother reading it. it was okay when it's only 4 pages but now i find it too topsy turvy.

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A. J. Ancheta

Corona, California

i agree with you. there's too much in that pinned off topic thread that i won't even bother reading it. it was okay when it's only 4 pages but now i find it too topsy turvy.

I second the motion. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

aka Señorita Tessa, Señora Bonita, Mariquita Linda, Muñequita Linda, Amor Perdido y Chaparrita Chula!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A. J. Ancheta

Corona, California

I second the motion. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

It appears that Captain Ewok has opened the gates ...... Thank you, y que dios te bendiga, capitan!!!

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

3014749141_d554587673.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

A. J. Ancheta

Corona, California

:dance: Kudos to Captain Ewok! There is an appropriate SUB TOPIC FORUM to post immigration issues and such, I am glad Captain Ewok finally have said something.. I have been noticing that the silly moment is gone for a while.. Reading those OT threads with so many pages, made my head dizzy and unstable.

jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

the Philippine Forum has always had the spirit of community, until the past couple of months, due to disruptive behavoir of some members. now that what can be posted in the open forum seems to be resolved, hopefully the spirit of community will return to the forum and members will be respectful of each other. happy posting.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I also want to thank the Sheriff for doing his best to try to keep things organized. I blame myself for not making the definition of the Regional forums better. Anyhow feedback is welcome -- criticism is accepted too :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

I sure see a lot of posts being moved out of the Philippines forum. I posted an off topic there because the submit applied to the issues in the Philippines. Many that post in the Philippines forum don't necessarily look in the OT forum.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Most of you are wrong.

We have begun moving threads in the other forums. Rome was not built in a day and this is a transitional period that we all will get through in time. Change always comes with a sense of dissatisfaction until the pain is normalized and life can begin to function as nothing ever happened. Please be patient. There is no need to finger point at what isn't happening in other forums. The Philippines Forum is not being singled out and justice will be done throughout the land.

Cheers...

~Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.