Tunji&Toyin

A few questions please.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We have our interview on the 16th of October. I have a few questions please.

1. How important are e-mails? She doens't like to communicate by e-mail and a majority of our conversations have been through the phone, will this be an issue?

2. Does anyone know if it cheaper and better to pay for a ticket in cash in Nigeria, or for me to buy it online through a credit card on her behalf? What do you find as the going rate? $1500???

3. Which airline flies directly into New York?

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
We have our interview on the 16th of October. I have a few questions please.

1. How important are e-mails? She doens't like to communicate by e-mail and a majority of our conversations have been through the phone, will this be an issue? Take everything you have to the interview, even if it is just a few pages. At the end of our interview we were put on AP and told to bring letters we had written to each other. We did not think it was important because they were only 5 or so, but they wanted to see them. My advice: take EVERYTHING

2. Does anyone know if it cheaper and better to pay for a ticket in cash in Nigeria, or for me to buy it online through a credit card on her behalf? What do you find as the going rate? $1500??? Depends on the airline. Have your wife call around and then check online. In our case it was cheaper to buy the ticket online from here.

3. Which airline flies directly into New York? The only direct flight I know of is Lagos-Atlanta on Delta. I don't think there is another airline that has direct flights from Lagos.

Thanks for your responses in advance.

Good luck :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Timeline

Sorry in the first post that is for cheap flights to Africa.

But you could try this site for flights leaving Africa to New York. Now I don't know but it says taxes included $USD 1283.80 http://fly.emirates.com/IBE/SearchResult.aspx (you can change the search of course).. Hope it helps, if not I tried. :blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Sorry in the first post that is for cheap flights to Africa.

But you could try this site for flights leaving Africa to New York. Now I don't know but it says taxes included $USD 1283.80 http://fly.emirates.com/IBE/SearchResult.aspx (you can change the search of course).. Hope it helps, if not I tried. :blush:

I think I will pony up, pay a lil more, and have her fly directly into the Atlanta. I just don't want any goof ups. I will take the week off, and go and meet her there in Atlanta.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

The embassy in addis concentrates on the emails as a means of communication but if you do have phone logs that can verify that you have been calling each other and letters that were mailed between you two then that should be sufficient enough. Good luck on the interview.

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.