tanyaru

Russian traditional condenced milk

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
gosh, i LOVE Ru forum )))

i had the same quest with grechka....i live in NYC and have to go to Brooklyn to buy it!!!

I still have to figure out where to buy it in Orlando area, lol

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey!

I go to target and buy their brand "Market pantry" condensed milk for like a dollar a can and I must tell you if I had our russian and target's infront of me I wouldn't be able to identify which is which! It's so the same and good! :thumbs:

As said above, Carnation is similar to what she's talking about. So is Eagle and the other one with the little cow's head on it. The store brand even works. It's not going to be exactly the same, but it'll be close enough.

My wife boils this stuff in it's can and then eats the "caramel" brown semi-liquid goo that comes out. Uses it to sweeten tea, etc. Eats it by the spoonfull! She loves that stuff!

Should only be about a buck or two at your local supermarket. Look in the baking goods or near the evaporated milk.

How does she stay so skinny? I totally had to barf up everything I ate when I was skinniez...damn.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

i had the same quest with grechka....i live in NYC and have to go to Brooklyn to buy it!!!

I loves me some grechka!

We get it from the Russian shop here but it's also available from a little shop up the street that sells all the organic and natural #######. The Russian stuff tends to be cheaper, even though it's imported!

As said above, Carnation is similar to what she's talking about. So is Eagle and the other one with the little cow's head on it. The store brand even works. It's not going to be exactly the same, but it'll be close enough.

My wife boils this stuff in it's can and then eats the "caramel" brown semi-liquid goo that comes out. Uses it to sweeten tea, etc. Eats it by the spoonfull! She loves that stuff!

Should only be about a buck or two at your local supermarket. Look in the baking goods or near the evaporated milk.

How does she stay so skinny? I totally had to barf up everything I ate when I was skinniez...damn.

Well... to put this delicately.... she doesn't allow herself to get fat.

She absolutely refuses to snack on things all day long, doesn't eat fast food more than maybe once or twice a week (and that's with me twisting her arm to eat it), will not eat foods like pizza or hamburgers and stays away from anything fried. She will not drink soda pop or other "sugar" drinks. She doesn't eat within three hours of going to bed. And I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen her eat dessert after a meal.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard "A woman cannot eat this $#!tty food and keep figure." I'd be a millionaire.

She also exercises (goes for a jog every now and then and does a weighted hula-hoop for 10-15 minutes after) and weighs herself regularly. If there's an increase in size or weight, the food gets cut back and the exercise gets pumped up.

Ramen noodles and a cut up cucumber is considered a meal. (Even in "normal" times.)

Personally, I'd rather be fat than give up all those scrumptious treats. But, I'd be lying if I said I'd rather have a fat girlfriend/wife who likes to enjoy her food as opposed to a skinny girlfriend/wife that's always conscious of it. It would be nice if there was a middle ground.... but there's not. It's either a lifestyle you live or you don't. A girl who enjoys her food gets fatter and fatter. A girl who constantly watches her weight and what she eats doesn't.... until she starts enjoying her food!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Personally, I'd rather be fat than give up all those scrumptious treats. But, I'd be lying if I said I'd rather have a fat girlfriend/wife who likes to enjoy her food as opposed to a skinny girlfriend/wife that's always conscious of it. It would be nice if there was a middle ground.... but there's not. It's either a lifestyle you live or you don't. A girl who enjoys her food gets fatter and fatter. A girl who constantly watches her weight and what she eats doesn't.... until she starts enjoying her food!

after a while of watching your weight like does your beautiful wife,you get used to it and learn to cook yummy,but healthy...My husband and I are both working out all the time,eating bunch of brown rice,never eating fast food...Pizza happens once in 2-3- months...

we try to cook healthy and yummy..Like katleti,but with non fat meat,brown rice cooked with grilled vegies,its very good the way my husband cooks,salmon...soup,borsh,I also cook several georgian meals,which are super healthy,but very very yum...

In evenings we eatg more stuff like tomatoes or meat-which wont damage your figure,inless you cooked in on litre of oil:)-we grill it mostly...

In real we pretty much eat everything,even macaronies,but in a small portions and not every day...just try to eat more meat-proteins..and no milk products..Milk is the number one that ruins your body and skin...

after a while of watching your weight like does your beautiful wife,you get used to it and learn to cook yummy,but healthy...My husband and I are both working out all the time,eating bunch of brown rice,never eating fast food...Pizza happens once in 2-3- months...

we try to cook healthy and yummy..Like katleti,but with non fat meat,brown rice cooked with grilled vegies,its very good the way my husband cooks,salmon...soup,borsh,I also cook several georgian meals,which are super healthy,but very very yum...

In evenings we eatg more stuff like tomatoes or meat-which wont damage your figure,inless you cooked in on litre of oil:)-we grill it mostly...

In real we pretty much eat everything,even macaronies,but in a small portions and not every day...just try to eat more meat-proteins..and no milk products..Milk is the number one that ruins your body and skin...

Exactly. It must be a lifestyle.

Here, my wife follows that and she eats very good food. If I have to eat like that, I'll sneak in a "pre-dinner Whopper" ala Doug Heffernan. I just can't do it. I'm coming around though, but it's a slow process.

I have to disagree about the milk though. Although milk is extremely high in fat and calories, it's not the milk that ruins your body or skin. It's the fried cheese sticks, cheeseburgers, and tall glass of chocolate milk and cookies that people eat while sitting on the couch doing nothing that ruins their body and skin.

Athletic people who drink/eat a lot of milk are very, very healthy and usually have nice skin too!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey!

I go to target and buy their brand "Market pantry" condensed milk for like a dollar a can and I must tell you if I had our russian and target's infront of me I wouldn't be able to identify which is which! It's so the same and good! :thumbs:

Great advice! thank you.

02/14/2008 Valentine`s Day Wedding!

AOS

04/09/2008 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

05/03/2008 call to USCIS because NOA1 not received ;( Got the receipt number and was told that we cannot get replacement NOA1.

08/21/2008 request for NOA1 for I-130 to file AOS placed over the phone and forwarded to VSC. Thanks to the first great Rep at USCIS hotline

10/17/2008 Hubby`s B-day, NOA1 for I-130 finally arrives!

10/21/2008 AOS sent to Chicago lockbox

10/31/2008 NOAs for AOS received

11/06/2008 I-130 is transferred to CSC

11/20/2008 biometrics done

12/02/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!

01/02/2009 EAD received

02/12/2009 Interview APPROVED!!!

02/17/2009 welcome letter received

02/23/2009 GC received!!! yay!!!

RC

11/18/2010 I-751 Sent to VSC

11/22/2010 NOA1

01/07/2011 Early Bio

01/27/2011 Scheduled Bio

05/11/2011 RC approved

05/17/2011 GC received

Naturalization

11/14/2011 Sent package via Priority to Nebraska SC

11/25/2011 NOA made it

Relocated to NE

04/03/2012 Interview passed!!!

04/10/2012 Oath

04/10/2012 New prints required/done

04/14/2012 Received a welcome packet but still no certificate

04/17/2012 Certificate is here!!!!! Dated 04/16/2012 huh????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.