Walt and Shannon

How soon is too soon...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry for all the silly questions but I just want to make sure all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed. This process is a lot of money and time and insight is appreciated!

I'm in the process of gathering documents and completing my check list to send Packet 3 to the Montreal Consulate. My question is, if I get my police check and medical done now, and don't send Packet 3 for another month or so, are they going to have a problem with that? Do they want everything done around the same time and then send the check list?

The reason I ask is how do they know your criminal record is up to date if you get it done a couple months before the interview?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by psalm121

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago IL (transfered to California)

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-09-25

NOA Date : 2009-09-30

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Approved Date : 2009-11-17

Date Card Received : 2009-11-20

Advance Parole

RFE(s) :

Date Received : 2009-11-10

axdob4uy4.png

Filed: Timeline
Sorry for all the silly questions but I just want to make sure all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed. This process is a lot of money and time and insight is appreciated!

I'm in the process of gathering documents and completing my check list to send Packet 3 to the Montreal Consulate. My question is, if I get my police check and medical done now, and don't send Packet 3 for another month or so, are they going to have a problem with that? Do they want everything done around the same time and then send the check list?

The reason I ask is how do they know your criminal record is up to date if you get it done a couple months before the interview?

Thanks in advance!

Police reports are only valid for a certain amount of time. How long they are valid for in Canada, that I am not sure. Same goes for the medical. As long as you are within the valid period for both then you will be fine.

Timeline

What is mbc?

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Advance Parole

RFE(s) :

axdob4uy4.png

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I emailed the Montreal Consulate (I bet they are sick of me) and they said police checks and medicals are valid for one year.

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :

Advance Parole

RFE(s) :

axdob4uy4.png

• 1 month later...

Not too sure about this. When I asked the same question I was told that police reports (at least from Canada) are only valid for 6 months.

I emailed the Montreal Consulate (I bet they are sick of me) and they said police checks and medicals are valid for one year.

***Naturalization ***

Submitted N-400: Dec 30, 2015
USPS Delivery Confirmation:
Direct Debit processed: Jan 5, 2015
NOA: Jan 9, 2015
Biometrics Appointment: Jan 28, 2015
Interview: May 7, 2015
Oath Ceremony: still waiting

Not too sure about this. When I asked the same question I was told that police reports (at least from Canada) are only valid for 6 months.

I've heard some countries say 6 months, but never Canada. In 2 years here on VJ, and having gone through the process myself, I've never heard of anything other than one year.

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.