GaryC

Report: McCain a ‘Hero’ to Taxpayers

71 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My taxable income falls into the 38-66k bracket. Under McCain's plan, I would pay about $300 less. Under Obama's, I pay $1000 less.

According to the Tax Policy Center, which hails itself as non-partisan based in DC, it is estimated that over 10 years, McCain's tax proposals could increase the national debt by as much as $4.5 trillion with interest, while Obama's could add as much as $3.3 trillion.

I found these numbers on CNN/Money magazine's site here

http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/election/index.html

I think this site is pretty accurate, but I'm sure there are those that will disagree.

Maybe if you break the numbers down, they could disagree a little less.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I've been reading through the point by point comparisons of the two with my financial state in mind. Everyone's got to make their own decisions based on their situation...

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

by Stephen Clark

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

John McCain is a “hero” to U.S. taxpayers for his lifetime record of resisting earmarks, while Barack Obama and Joe Biden are “hostile” and “unfriendly,” a government spending watchdog group has concluded.

In its new report, the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste gave the Republican presidential nominee a 100 percent rating for his votes in the Senate last year, and a lifetime score of 88 percent.

By comparison, the nonpartisan, nonprofit group, which is the lobbying arm of Citizens Against Government Waste, assigned Obama, the Democratic presidential nominee, 10 percent last year and a lifetime score of 18 percent. Biden, Obama’s running mate, scored 0 percent last year and an overall score of 22 percent.

Higher scores mean stronger resistance to federal earmarks. Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate, was not included because the ratings evaluate only members of Congress.

“In spite of a growing recognition that earmarks are a problem, Congress still spends more than is necessary,” CCAGW President Tom Schatz said in a written statement. “Taxpayers would be wise to hang onto their wallets and demand that Congress refocus its priorities and cut wasteful spending.”

The group has analyzed roll call votes since 1991 to distinguish members of Congress whom it describes as taxpayer advocates from those it says favor wasteful programs and pork-barrel spending. In the last year, the group rated 100 House votes and 35 Senate votes.

McCain scored 100 percent, but he failed to earn the Taxpayer Super Hero Award because he was present for only 11 of the 35 Senate votes.

Members of Congress are considered “superheroes” if they score a 100 percent rating; “heroes” earn between 80 and 99 percent; “friendly” members score between 60 and 79 percent; “lukewarm” lawmakers get between 40 and 59 percent; “unfriendly” members score between 20 and 39 percent, and “hostile” representatives and senators are measured between 0 and 19 percent.

Three GOP congressman — Reps. Jeff Flake of Arizona, Jeb Hensarling of Texas and James Sensenbrenner of Wisconsin all earned superhero status.

The rankings were based on several tax-related and spending bills. Obama and Biden scored low for voting against banning the use of earmarks for a spending bill on bicycle paths or trails (McCain did not vote); and against extending Bush’s tax cuts while McCain voted in favor of it.

Obama voted against prohibiting Congress from borrowing from the Social Security Trust Fund to finance other government programs (Biden and McCain did not vote). Obama and Biden voted against barring non-defense earmarks in spending bills for ongoing combat operations while McCain voted in favor of it.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/10/re...o-to-taxpayers/

Lets see how long this takes to become about Fox news.

To which ones,the ones who make $70,000+ ?

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

:no:

I was being sarcastic.

The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

:no:

I was being sarcastic.

You just forgot a zero or so... :D

Ooops,my bad. :whistle:

January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Reagan years: building up our military to defeate the soviets.

gary, did we win? i cannot remember,

it was a waste of usa funding

it woulda been a greater waste if we'd lost.

And just out of curiosity, what would that mean for us? :wacko:

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

Maybe we should ask some of the members from E. Europe if they think it was worth it.

The Soviet Empire was on it's way down the drain as it was. Now I'll admit that I was cheering when Reagan at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin called on Mr. Gorbatschew to open the Gate and tear down the Wall. It was quite an intense moment.

But then again, the cracks were long showing at that time. Mr. Gorbatschew was the beginning of the end of the Soviet empire. That may not be what you want to hear but having been very close to the action, I'd tell you that's what it was.

Reagan may have sped up the process of the empire's decline but he didn't bring it down.

No, it's totaly fair. You lived through it so I wouldn't try to tell you differently. I was countering the idea that we didn't win the cold war or if we did it wasn't worth it. The world is a much better place without the USSR.

Agreed.

Too bad we had to find new 'enemies' to spend our defense funds on.

One thing is to defend oneself and another is to claim things that aren't there. Perhaps the world is a better place now without the USSR, but we certainly weren't particularly threatened beyond nuclear confrontation. Which incidentally, we started.

My taxable income falls into the 38-66k bracket. Under McCain's plan, I would pay about $300 less. Under Obama's, I pay $1000 less.

According to the Tax Policy Center, which hails itself as non-partisan based in DC, it is estimated that over 10 years, McCain's tax proposals could increase the national debt by as much as $4.5 trillion with interest, while Obama's could add as much as $3.3 trillion.

I found these numbers on CNN/Money magazine's site here

http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/election/index.html

I think this site is pretty accurate, but I'm sure there are those that will disagree.

Maybe if you break the numbers down, they could disagree a little less.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I've been reading through the point by point comparisons of the two with my financial state in mind. Everyone's got to make their own decisions based on their situation...

I actually wasn't. I am interested in you expanding your results so that those that cry foul about Obama's tax plans find another lie to make in its place.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

how well do you speak russian? ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Wouldn't have had to worry... we have Chuck!

5752.jpg

Timeline

Wouldn't have had to worry... we have Chuck!

5752.jpg

And Pedroh,he's the Latino version of Chuck Norris.

January 12,2011-RFE