ShallowShrek

2007 POVERTY GUIDELINES*

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A form that tells you how much income needs to be shown.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

i take it all back i checked it fully. thank you so much for helping me :blush:

can you tell me how much i need if 16 people are being sponsered as relatives and one husband? how do i figure it out?

Edited by ShallowShrek

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
can you tell me how much i need if 16 people are being sponsered as relatives and one husband? how do i figure it out?

That would be a household size of 18 (16+husband+you). It's 44'500 for 8 people plus 4500 for each additional so that is:

44'500+ (4500x10)= 89'500 dollars income unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

That would be a household size of 18 (16+husband+you). It's 44'500 for 8 people plus 4500 for each additional so that is:

44'500+ (4500x10)= 89'500 dollars income unless you live in Alaska or Hawaii

why am i added in this? someone else already has me in their tax papers since forever. Am i added in this persons income who is helping my husband even though I have my own family filing for me?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You are added because your first post said "does anyone know a site i can figure out how much income i need to show for an afidavit of support?" If there is another person sponsoring, that would not neccessarily change things...

If that person lives alone, then it would still be a household size of 18 (16 family+ your husband+ themselves). But if, say, that person already had a wife and two kids, plus on top of that wants to sponsor your husband and 16 others, it would be 13'500 more.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

You are added because your first post said "does anyone know a site i can figure out how much income i need to show for an afidavit of support?" If there is another person sponsoring, that would not neccessarily change things...

If that person lives alone, then it would still be a household size of 18 (16 family+ your husband+ themselves). But if, say, that person already had a wife and two kids, plus on top of that wants to sponsor your husband and 16 others, it would be 13'500 more.

no it is actually 11 people he filed for then 5 of his own family including himself then my husband if possible. wouldnt that be around $80,000 to show?

it is like this

I-130 = 11 people

his houldhold =5 total

my husband = 1

but if he filed has filed for his brother or sisters children and they are around 20 years can they come or is it too late for them to come? i heard you can only sponser them if they are younger but if they reach a certain age they no longer can be sponsered.

Edited by ShallowShrek

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.