Princess In Love

marriage process in morocco

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi all

my fiancé and I are getting married soon inchallah but we need to gather documents to get married here in Morocco, i got a list of the documents, now my fiancé in USA needs to send me some documents to translate before he comes here in Morocco to get married, but we are little bit confused so we need help from those who have been through this process who seems really complicated to us

my fiancé needs to know where to get those documents in USA

- certificate of residency

- police record

- a notarized statement of religious denomination ( to cerify that he is a muslim)

and we also want to know the length of time required for this process from the start to the end

thanks for your help and if you have any other information that may help us please don't hesitate to leave a comment

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
05/08/2012: Priority date
05/10/2012: NOA date
05/11/2012: Electronic notification from USCIS / Check cashed
05/14/2012: NOA received
05/23/2012: Biometrics notice received
06/08/2012: Early Biometrics (appointment scheduled for 06/14)
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
07/09/2012: Interview notice received
08/13/2012: Interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
09/11/2012: Oath ceremony
[/color][/size]
[/i] [i] [/i] [i] [/i][size="2"][i] [/i][/size]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

For residency i would think drivers license would do, i know i had to show mine and birth certificate

Police record could be obtained from the local police agency or the local Bureau of Investigation

Religion im not sure, as i got a statement when i was there..(and not Muslim) any paper or statement from past or statement of someone within his religion group that can state this.

It took us 2 1/2 weeks from beginning to end and every day was busy with doing something or waiting on this paper it is quite tiring...if u want to talk send me message and i will try to remember more..its good anything u can translate before will help alot and they will also do the passport after there along with the drivers license....also the process goes quicker with a little money

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

A statement of religious denomination would be issued by whatever mosque he goes to. We don't have legal statements of this in teh USA. USA does not issue police certificates.... best he could do is go down to the local police department and see if they would print up somehting saying he has no record. Vertificate of residency is weird... maybe a lease copy or something from the county showing property ownership?

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

salam alaykom

it's easy don't panic.

- certificate of residency if your fiance an american he do not need this certificate but he should bring with him sitizenship certificate.if he is a permanet resident he should go and ask at police departement for this certificate if he couldn't get it try to make just a phorocopie of his residensy card" gree card".

-police record he can get it from police departement.

-for islam certificate when he come here you will do it for him in LA3DOUL the man who will write your marriage certificate.

DO NOT FORGET to ask him to do his test blood once he come here then take him to LA3DOUL for making islam certificate.

u should have connection in police department here in morocco to make the process easier and faster.

i'm from MEKNES .by the way if he is an american

1-ask him to take appointement with US embassy for eligibility to marry certificate .

2-the next steep is to go to ملحقة وزارة الخارجية بالرباط to stamp this certificate ask if u have to translate it first then u stamp it or to stamp it then to translate it .

-make a copie of his birth certificate and stamp it too

3-go to وزارة العدل بالرباط من اجل الحصول على السجل العدلي

MY ADVISE is have a COLD BLOOD espacily in POLICE STATION :crying:

ALLAH HELP U AND LEAD U HIS 3IBADO TO HELP U.

RAMADAN MOBARAK

hi all

my fiancé and I are getting married soon inchallah but we need to gather documents to get married here in Morocco, i got a list of the documents, now my fiancé in USA needs to send me some documents to translate before he comes here in Morocco to get married, but we are little bit confused so we need help from those who have been through this process who seems really complicated to us

my fiancé needs to know where to get those documents in USA

- certificate of residency

- police record

- a notarized statement of religious denomination ( to cerify that he is a muslim)

and we also want to know the length of time required for this process from the start to the end

thanks for your help and if you have any other information that may help us please don't hesitate to leave a comment

Timeline

ok get ready... when we got married in May it wasn't easy.. the consulate said "if you can find a way to get married let us know it is very hard"

make sure he has passport, certificate of conversion, pay stubs (yep they really asked for it), original divorce decrees (if divorced) and bring a resume for police interview. Police record local or federal is better must have some sort of stamp on it they get really weird about it if it doesn't.

day one.. go to us consulate and get evidance of eligibility to marriage.

You will need this (see the moroccan eligibility requirements) after that is finished you'll need to go to Rabat. We had to get two stamps one at a police station and another at the justice (oooh i forgot the name) this took an entire day. two different forms

then you need to go to the local mixed marriage judges office in your city... fill out paperwork and show proof of stamps. another day. They will have you come back and see the judge (hopefully only one or two days)

Then you pick up a packet from the judge to take to headquarters police (you're best bet is if you know someone there to be seen that day) we were lucky my husband grew up with one of them and they took us streight to the interview

then you need to go to the headquarter's police station for an interview (like a interrogation I suggest your fiance bring a resume' they'll ask all things of dates of school studies, work dates, everything) He asked me all things ... do i pray, do i pray in Arabic or English did my fiance help me... what books of Islam have i read etc etc.

then if all is good you get a stamp (one day)

then you take this new packet to the head courts (can't remember the name) again we had connections so we only did this in a day (we knew a judge) my husband had an Interview of sorts they gave him another piece of paper to take back to the first court (judge) we started this from.

next day went to the first judge in the morning and submitted all stamps and packets had to come back at end of day (mixed marriages were done last) we were the 2nd to the last on thursday to get our final papers of ability to marry.

Friday submitted all documents to Imaam and Shiek...said my Shahadah again signed papers (4 copies). We were "officially married"

next day marriage ceremony (party)

Take lots of picutres... total time for all of this is @ 2 weeks including weekends. We were fortunate that we had "friends" in places though.

ohhh and have your marriage certificates translated while he is there also get your origninal birthcertificate and police record all translated. If you're going for a k3 or a cr1 there are other forms i would suggest him bring for you to sign to save some troubles later.

Insha'allah all this will go smoothly for you and Alhamdolilah you found Visa journey before you started.

Timeline
For residency i would think drivers license would do, i know i had to show mine and birth certificate

Police record could be obtained from the local police agency or the local Bureau of Investigation

Religion im not sure, as i got a statement when i was there..(and not Muslim) any paper or statement from past or statement of someone within his religion group that can state this.

It took us 2 1/2 weeks from beginning to end and every day was busy with doing something or waiting on this paper it is quite tiring...if u want to talk send me message and i will try to remember more..its good anything u can translate before will help alot and they will also do the passport after there along with the drivers license....also the process goes quicker with a little money

thanks for your reply, i'll try to remember every advice, and prepare ourselves for this long process

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
[/color][/size]

Timeline
A statement of religious denomination would be issued by whatever mosque he goes to. We don't have legal statements of this in teh USA. USA does not issue police certificates.... best he could do is go down to the local police department and see if they would print up somehting saying he has no record. Vertificate of residency is weird... maybe a lease copy or something from the county showing property ownership?

thanks for your help

[/color][/size]

Timeline
salam alaykom

it's easy don't panic.

thanks for you answer

- certificate of residency if your fiance an american he do not need this certificate but he should bring with him sitizenship certificate.if he is a permanet resident he should go and ask at police departement for this certificate if he couldn't get it try to make just a phorocopie of his residensy card" gree card".

he is an american citizen and he already have his citizenship certificate and i thin at the consulate here they gave this certificate with eligibility to marriage certificate

-police record he can get it from police departement.

that's what i told him

-for islam certificate when he come here you will do it for him in LA3DOUL the man who will write your marriage certificate.

that's easy then

DO NOT FORGET to ask him to do his test blood once he come here then take him to LA3DOUL for making islam certificate

what test blood???? should we go to a doctor to give us what tests to do or what??

u should have connection in police department here in morocco to make the process easier and faster.

yes i'm already trying to find connections to help us with this process

i'm from MEKNES .by the way if he is an american

1-ask him to take appointement with US embassy for eligibility to marry certificate .

2-the next steep is to go to ملحقة وزارة الخارجية بالرباط to stamp this certificate ask if u have to translate it first then u stamp it or to stamp it then to translate it .

-make a copie of his birth certificate and stamp it too

3-go to وزارة العدل بالرباط من اجل الحصول على السجل العدلي

that really useful thanks so much

MY ADVISE is have a COLD BLOOD espacily in POLICE STATION :crying:

inchallah, hope everything goes well :unsure:

ALLAH HELP U AND LEAD U HIS 3IBADO TO HELP U.

RAMADAN MOBARAK

thanks same to you, please answer me back concerning the blood test

[/color][/size]

Timeline
ok get ready... when we got married in May it wasn't easy.. the consulate said "if you can find a way to get married let us know it is very hard"

make sure he has passport, certificate of conversion, pay stubs (yep they really asked for it), original divorce decrees (if divorced) and bring a resume for police interview. Police record local or federal is better must have some sort of stamp on it they get really weird about it if it doesn't.

day one.. go to us consulate and get evidance of eligibility to marriage.

You will need this (see the moroccan eligibility requirements) after that is finished you'll need to go to Rabat. We had to get two stamps one at a police station and another at the justice (oooh i forgot the name) this took an entire day. two different forms

then you need to go to the local mixed marriage judges office in your city... fill out paperwork and show proof of stamps. another day. They will have you come back and see the judge (hopefully only one or two days)

Then you pick up a packet from the judge to take to headquarters police (you're best bet is if you know someone there to be seen that day) we were lucky my husband grew up with one of them and they took us streight to the interview

then you need to go to the headquarter's police station for an interview (like a interrogation I suggest your fiance bring a resume' they'll ask all things of dates of school studies, work dates, everything) He asked me all things ... do i pray, do i pray in Arabic or English did my fiance help me... what books of Islam have i read etc etc.

then if all is good you get a stamp (one day)

then you take this new packet to the head courts (can't remember the name) again we had connections so we only did this in a day (we knew a judge) my husband had an Interview of sorts they gave him another piece of paper to take back to the first court (judge) we started this from.

next day went to the first judge in the morning and submitted all stamps and packets had to come back at end of day (mixed marriages were done last) we were the 2nd to the last on thursday to get our final papers of ability to marry.

Friday submitted all documents to Imaam and Shiek...said my Shahadah again signed papers (4 copies). We were "officially married"

next day marriage ceremony (party)

Take lots of picutres... total time for all of this is @ 2 weeks including weekends. We were fortunate that we had "friends" in places though.

ohhh and have your marriage certificates translated while he is there also get your origninal birthcertificate and police record all translated. If you're going for a k3 or a cr1 there are other forms i would suggest him bring for you to sign to save some troubles later.

Insha'allah all this will go smoothly for you and Alhamdolilah you found Visa journey before you started.

thankyou rajaa for your help, it was really useful for us, i sent him what you've written here and now he is happy because he started to undertsand this process better , he couldn't undertsand why it is so complicated to get married in Morocco!!!

we will go K-3

way, we want to be together as soon as possible and CR-1 way is too long for us

[/color][/size]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

After everything is received and translated make sure to make 3 copies of everything, and get their official stamp on all of the originals and copies as well.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

i too, agree, it takes some weeks to accomplish all this

bring anything and everything for proof

paystubs

letter from employer

birth cert

letter from church or baptismal records for religion

passport

your local police station can steer you direction of police record BUT..allow time to receive it as well

money money money for the things to get done

CONSULATE for ELIGIBILITY OF MARRIAGE 1ST AND FOREMOST!

ummm divorce papers...definitely

and all english documents must be translated into arabic, which is much cheaper in morocco

i am certainly saw first hand how difficult it was to get married over there

i am american and husband is moroccan

we thought it would never come to fruition and honestly the judge in rabat probably could have continued his long list of things we needed to keep obtaining

it was very tiresome and back and forth daily and runnin around with our heads cut off

if not for my husband i could have never done it

thank god, we received our marriage

good luck to you as well

Timeline

we will go K-3 way, we want to be together as soon as possible and CR-1 way is too long for us

Couldn't you go K-1 and get married here? That's what we did. We had a marriage ceremony in Morocco for her (huge) family without the civil (legal) part. Then after we were married legally here we registered the marriage through the consulate in New York.

Either way good luck!

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Timeline
After everything is received and translated make sure to make 3 copies of everything, and get their official stamp on all of the originals and copies as well.

thanks for your advice we will do that inchallah

i too, agree, it takes some weeks to accomplish all this

bring anything and everything for proof

paystubs

letter from employer

birth cert

letter from church or baptismal records for religion

passport

your local police station can steer you direction of police record BUT..allow time to receive it as well

money money money for the things to get done

CONSULATE for ELIGIBILITY OF MARRIAGE 1ST AND FOREMOST!

ummm divorce papers...definitely

and all english documents must be translated into arabic, which is much cheaper in morocco

i am certainly saw first hand how difficult it was to get married over there

i am american and husband is moroccan

we thought it would never come to fruition and honestly the judge in rabat probably could have continued his long list of things we needed to keep obtaining

it was very tiresome and back and forth daily and runnin around with our heads cut off

if not for my husband i could have never done it

thank god, we received our marriage

good luck to you as well

thanks for your reply, we are gathering all the documents needed and i will translate them before he comes to Morocco to save time, as for the time the process take, it's really too long, they are complicating things too much , hope everything will go smoothly and we will definitely use money to make it go fast :dead:

Edited by ossa

[/color][/size]

Timeline
we will go K-3 way, we want to be together as soon as possible and CR-1 way is too long for us

Couldn't you go K-1 and get married here? That's what we did. We had a marriage ceremony in Morocco for her (huge) family without the civil (legal) part. Then after we were married legally here we registered the marriage through the consulate in New York.

Either way good luck!

thanks for your advice, my fiancé suggested the same thing but my family didn't accept it, they are too conservative , they didn't accept that i travel with him without being married first

[/color][/size]

Timeline

if you do go K3 make sure you get your origina birth certificate and translated..police record and translated. He should download all G325 forms you will need to go to the headings under "downloads" print all paperwork for k3 and you should sign where you need to sign perhaps make a couple and sign all just in case.

Also, tell him to brink small bills as any sort of "help" to anyone who asks for money "to speed things up" does help.... like the clerk at the head court needed some "coffee money" that extra couple of drms got us to the head of the line...

I know it's not "cool" or "fair" but in morocco that's just the way business is done.

Also be advised the consulate said they WILL keep spinning you around back and forth... they will keep sending you away to get more items better he is over prepared then not. Also, when they see his paystubs (like they did mine) suddenly they're interested in what you can do to help them with... "lunch, coffee" whatever... just fair warning

get pics of your ceremony you and he with family and friends... also get statesments in English (affidavids) stating they know you two are a legtimate couple... the more the better

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.