Princess In Love

marriage process in morocco

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
if you do go K3 make sure you get your origina birth certificate and translated..police record and translated. He should download all G325 forms you will need to go to the headings under "downloads" print all paperwork for k3 and you should sign where you need to sign perhaps make a couple and sign all just in case.

yes we decided to go the k-3 way and i suggested him not to hire a lawyer and that we can do it ourselves, he is not sure we can make it but i told him that we will find all support from VJ members who have been through this process before us

Also, tell him to brink small bills as any sort of "help" to anyone who asks for money "to speed things up" does help.... like the clerk at the head court needed some "coffee money" that extra couple of drms got us to the head of the line...

I know it's not "cool" or "fair" but in morocco that's just the way business is done.

i am moroccan and i know how things work here, if you want things to go faster then you should give money but we are ready to do it if tis will speed up the process

Also be advised the consulate said they WILL keep spinning you around back and forth... they will keep sending you away to get more items better he is over prepared then not. Also, when they see his paystubs (like they did mine) suddenly they're interested in what you can do to help them with... "lunch, coffee" whatever... just fair warning

i thought that we will go to the consulate the first day only to get the marriage eligibility certificate, isn't it ??? or do we have to go to the consulate many times???

get pics of your ceremony you and he with family and friends... also get statesments in English (affidavids) stating they know you two are a legtimate couple... the more the better

inshallah we'll try to do that but we have to finish preparing documents to get married first and then start gathering documents and evidences we need for k-3

do you think we should start filling the forms(I-130 I-129F G-325a ) all at once after he gets here or do we have to wait until he returns back to usa and then he sends me forms to sign and date???

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
05/08/2012: Priority date
05/10/2012: NOA date
05/11/2012: Electronic notification from USCIS / Check cashed
05/14/2012: NOA received
05/23/2012: Biometrics notice received
06/08/2012: Early Biometrics (appointment scheduled for 06/14)
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
07/09/2012: Interview notice received
08/13/2012: Interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
09/11/2012: Oath ceremony
[/color][/size]
[/i] [i] [/i] [i] [/i][size="2"][i] [/i][/size]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

first get your eligibilty to marry docs organized... once it looks like you too have done so (btw a religious ceremony is recognized in the US if you can get an Imaam to do that and sign papers??)

FYI it was not easy for me to get a certificate of conversion here... I finally found a Masjiid that would my own didn't know "how" to do it... can you believe that???

after all that is done and you have had your ceremony Insha'allah... then start filling out the K3 forms.

Hiring a lawyer??? I had a friend work with a lawyer regarding her fiance in morocco... it took them over 4 month just to send in the documetnation... for me with the help of VJ I sent it off in days after my arrival to the U.S.

Don't waste your time or money on a lawyer unless you have unusual circumstances...if "normal" save your money!!! were here to help

Timeline
first get your eligibilty to marry docs organized... once it looks like you too have done so (btw a religious ceremony is recognized in the US if you can get an Imaam to do that and sign papers??)

FYI it was not easy for me to get a certificate of conversion here... I finally found a Masjiid that would my own didn't know "how" to do it... can you believe that???

thanks rajaa, you are a sweet lady, i really appreciate your help

my fiancé is a muslim so we don't need any conversion certificate , we just need a certificate from "ADOUL" to state that he is muslim and this is easy to do

after all that is done and you have had your ceremony Insha'allah... then start filling out the K3 forms.

is it necessary to have a big marriage ceremony right after getting marriage certificate??? we are planning to have a very small party just to take pictures to send with k-3, there won't be any guests just my family (parents and brothers and sisters) but we are intending to have a big party later because we need to plan for that and we don't have time right now to do that

Hiring a lawyer??? I had a friend work with a lawyer regarding her fiance in morocco... it took them over 4 month just to send in the documetnation... for me with the help of VJ I sent it off in days after my arrival to the U.S.

Don't waste your time or money on a lawyer unless you have unusual circumstances...if "normal" save your money!!! were here to help

we don't have a special case, everything is normal...alhamdoulilah....i won't let him hire a lawyer, we will do it ourselves with your help of course, don't let me down plzzzzzzzzz :blush:

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
[/color][/size]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Kiati,,, i am here.. I've been out of a town. Did you have any questions??? How was your Ramadan?

thanks rajaa, i was really busy gathering all information and documents that we will need to get married and also to file for k-3 later, my fiancé send me all documents to translate, i'll translate them and go to court to see if all papers are ok to be sure that there will be no problems once my fiancé comes here.

wish me good luck , i have not started the real journey yet and i'm so worried :crying:

[/color][/size]

A statement of religious denomination would be issued by whatever mosque he goes to. We don't have legal statements of this in teh USA. USA does not issue police certificates.... best he could do is go down to the local police department and see if they would print up somehting saying he has no record. Vertificate of residency is weird... maybe a lease copy or something from the county showing property ownership?

thanks for your help

WELCOME OSSA!!!

A statement of religious denomination would be issued by whatever mosque he goes to. We don't have legal statements of this in teh USA. USA does not issue police certificates.... best he could do is go down to the local police department and see if they would print up somehting saying he has no record. Vertificate of residency is weird... maybe a lease copy or something from the county showing property ownership?

thanks for your help

WELCOME OSSA!!!

here is the post with our introductions and story

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=152045

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.