GaryC

Alberta teens get community service for animal cruelty

97 posts in this topic

Timeline
so ... you'll break to the law to kill a wild animal ... very interesting ....

Not against the law if you're protecting yourself. Even further, if you're protecting your property or other animals on it from predators.

Anyways, so, you'll break the law to jaywalk, or not completely stop at a stop sign. I bet you've run a red light too. Even went over what would be considered the speed limit given the conditions of the road. Perhaps even got in a fight. Who knows, maybe worse.

The judgmental types often are the ones with the most skeletons in their closet.

I think local governments should put a bounty on cats. $1 for every ten heads turned in to animal control. Be a good way for kids to earn some pocket money.

Agreed. If it's pregnant, it's $5.

Edited by SRVT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I break the law every chance I get. I figure if the government and our leaders can ignore the law, there isn't any reason why I can't too.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
so ... you'll break to the law to kill a wild animal ... very interesting ....

Not against the law if you're protecting yourself. Even further, if you're protecting your property or other animals on it from predators.

Anyways, so, you'll break the law to jaywalk, or not completely stop at a stop sign. I bet you've run a red light too. Even went over what would be considered the speed limit given the conditions of the road. Perhaps even got in a fight. Who knows, maybe worse.

The judgmental types often are the ones with the most skeletons in their closet.

I think local governments should put a bounty on cats. $1 for every ten heads turned in to animal control. Be a good way for kids to earn some pocket money.

Agreed. If it's pregnant, it's $5.

we're talking about killing an animal illegally ... the rest is pure bs cause you can't stay on topic .....

so you expect to be number ... what ... the 15th person killed by a mountain lion is CA in the past 100 years ?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It's only illegal if you get caught.

And if you get caught doing something as easy and as easy to get away with as putting a cat in a microwave, you're just a doofus and it's just a matter of time before you get caught doing something illegal.

besides, it shouldn't be illegal to kill cats anyway.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline
we're talking about killing an animal illegally ... the rest is pure bs cause you can't stay on topic .....

so you expect to be number ... what ... the 15th person killed by a mountain lion is CA in the past 100 years ?

There is no "illegal" if it's in self-defense. I've seen mountain lions on property before (was helping them build their house) and didn't kill them. Being safely inside, and seeing it from a sliding glass door, it was harmless to me.

Timeline

There is no "illegal" if it's in self-defense. I've seen mountain lions on property before (was helping them build their house) and didn't kill them. Being safely inside, and seeing it from a sliding glass door, it was harmless to me.

since you were helping the mountain lions build their house ... it just might be considered polite not to kill the homeowner :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well you two are very clever - I'm pleased that at least this topic brought you together as playmates. I hope this is a life long friendship build on a solid foundation of animal cruelty and flawed logic.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*laughs softly* Y'all can post all you want about how horrible this act was, how unbelieveable some of the posts are on this thread, but you know what...no matter what you say or how judgmental the others think it is...nothing will change their minds nor yours. They are going to feel the way they want no matter what you say. You are going to feel the way you do no matter how much they say to the contrary. This is one of those "agree to disagree" subjects. Not everyone has the same ideals when it comes to life...whether that life is human or animal. Some place value on life only if it is a human one. Some feel ALL life has value. What's important is how YOU feel.

Then again, this IS "Off Topic"...

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
*laughs softly* Y'all can post all you want about how horrible this act was, how unbelieveable some of the posts are on this thread, but you know what...no matter what you say or how judgmental the others think it is...nothing will change their minds nor yours. They are going to feel the way they want no matter what you say. You are going to feel the way you do no matter how much they say to the contrary. This is one of those "agree to disagree" subjects. Not everyone has the same ideals when it comes to life...whether that life is human or animal. Some place value on life only if it is a human one. Some feel ALL life has value. What's important is how YOU feel.

bashing a captured feline to death with a brick .... premeditated ... is nuts

cattattude ... hope you read the entire thread before wielding that brush ... :huh:

Timeline
cattattude ... hope you read the entire thread before wielding that brush ... :huh:

Sorry Natty - wasn't directed at you - akdiver and srvt. I had read the entire thread, sorrily enough. I should have stopped after the its just a cat statement, cause there's no winning that one.

Timeline

Sorry Natty - wasn't directed at you - akdiver and srvt. I had read the entire thread, sorrily enough. I should have stopped after the its just a cat statement, cause there's no winning that one.

no worries .... (F)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ditto...as was my post merely responding to the arguing about what is right and what is apparently great fun for others. I think those two are in the minority anyway. I also read the entire thread before posting a response. Cat merely affirmed what I was saying as well...there's no winning this one. And for the record...premeditated bashing of any animal is pretty much sick and twisted. There IS NO excuse for it. Taking such action out on an animal suggests that one is in need of counseling and or anger management therapy. If one does such things merely for amusement...I seriously don't think there's any help available for you.

So go ahead ak and srvt...bash me while you're actively bashing everyone else. It won't be the first time (nor the last I'm sure) that I've been bashed.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Sorry to say this Karen, but your "laughs softly" comment sounds kind of condescending.

This is a horrible story and a horrible act, in my opinion.

Now, this is just my opinion, however I feel strongly enough about this to voice it.

Sure, not everyone will feel the same way and of course I will feel that way no matter what anyone says to the contrary, does this mean that I, or other people shouldn't voice their opinions?

You could say what you said about a number of topics and I would guess you would say it depending on how important YOU think the topic is, would you have 'laughed softly' if the topic was racism? The fact that the conversation is taking place in the visa journey off topic forum and probably won't change a damn thing, including others opinions doesn't make it any less important to speak out about what you believe.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ditto...as was my post merely responding to the arguing about what is right and what is apparently great fun for others. I think those two are in the minority anyway. I also read the entire thread before posting a response. Cat merely affirmed what I was saying as well...there's no winning this one. And for the record...premeditated bashing of any animal is pretty much sick and twisted. There IS NO excuse for it. Taking such action out on an animal suggests that one is in need of counseling and or anger management therapy. If one does such things merely for amusement...I seriously don't think there's any help available for you.

So go ahead ak and srvt...bash me while you're actively bashing everyone else. It won't be the first time (nor the last I'm sure) that I've been bashed.

:thumbs: :thumbs: @ Karen :luv:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: @ SRVT - Well what can we expect to SRVT..He like bashing almost everyone here..its his style :P