KevandKiki2

Advice on Resume please

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Here is mine. It's not perfect, it has a lot of unrelated jobs on there (I have four different resumes, this is the "general" one) but that's my work history. I did, however, get hired for a B2B sales position.

All sensitive information removed to protect the not-so-innocent :lol:

VJResume.doc

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Cool..I didn't know you could take a word excel test...i type about 18 words a minute :D ...But I know the programs...Thanks for posting

Kev

Maybe you'll know when you've seen it

Maybe if you say it you'll mean it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Those are all tests that I took when I was applying to temping agencies back in the UK; I took the software ones for general knowledge and the typing speed ones because I did some data entry work for the Dorset Police. There's no need to know your typing speed in characters per hour otherwise!

I broke the "one page" rule against the advice of most Americans I spoke too about it. I prefered to take the chance on it not being read but having all the information I wanted it to have on it and being readably spaced. It's a personal choice, and I know I flew in the face of convention with that.

Good luck! You'll find something when you least expect it.

:star:

Edited by clmarsh

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Hi again,

I showed it to my manager. I can email you his comments/suggestions if you'd like.

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the feedback ladies...You showed it to your boss..thanks Sat!

Hey Jim..where ya be at?

Best

Kevin

Edited by KevandKiki2

Maybe you'll know when you've seen it

Maybe if you say it you'll mean it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.