lLeigh

Sept 2008 K1 VSC filers

922 posts in this topic

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did your visa show up yet?

Yes, this morning. Finally !!! Flights rescheduled for this Sunday. I'll finally be with my baby. :dance:

Have you got your interview date yet, Amber? How long are you supposed to wait? Until your need to draw pension? :angry:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Did your visa show up yet?

Yes, this morning. Finally !!! Flights rescheduled for this Sunday. I'll finally be with my baby. :dance:

Have you got your interview date yet, Amber? How long are you supposed to wait? Until your need to draw pension? :angry:

I know eh they are soo slow in Montreal. I just called, as is my weekly routine and no date set yet. At least the representative was nice and polite and said sorry. It's been 5 weeks since they logged my p3, and from what I have seen the average wait time here from date they log p3 to interview date varies from 70 to 90 days.... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Which is rediculous because some people wait less to get their NOA2 (of course not any of us sept fillers). And I'm really starting to get annoyed because some of the other people waiting for interviews at my embassy and getting impatient filled the initial petition in December.... Well cross your fingers that next week is my week. If I dont have a date by the 29th I am going to e-mail them and request the earliest date possible, even though I think that will be a waste of time, or maybe I will do it sooner, who knows.

Well I am super glad to see that the visa finally showed up and you are going on Sunday. I am going on the 29th for a few days to visit and celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. Hopefully this will be my last visit.

I know eh they are soo slow in Montreal. I just called, as is my weekly routine and no date set yet. At least the representative was nice and polite and said sorry. It's been 5 weeks since they logged my p3, and from what I have seen the average wait time here from date they log p3 to interview date varies from 70 to 90 days.... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Which is rediculous because some people wait less to get their NOA2 (of course not any of us sept fillers). And I'm really starting to get annoyed because some of the other people waiting for interviews at my embassy and getting impatient filled the initial petition in December.... Well cross your fingers that next week is my week. If I dont have a date by the 29th I am going to e-mail them and request the earliest date possible, even though I think that will be a waste of time, or maybe I will do it sooner, who knows.

Well I am super glad to see that the visa finally showed up and you are going on Sunday. I am going on the 29th for a few days to visit and celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. Hopefully this will be my last visit.

This really is ridiculous!!! Why is it taking them so long to process the paperwork? It's not like the half of Canada is emigrating! :wacko: I really hope you get your packet 4 soon. Enough of this waiting!!!

I arrived yesterday and my baby surprised me with a wedding date. It looks like I'll be getting married today!! Assuing I manage to iron out wrinkles on my dress by then :D.

Good luck Amber, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Wow!! Congratulations Kat&Allie, good luck on the wedding! :)

Thanks Gemmie. Being married doesn't feel any different :)

AOS timeline

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Timeline

So as part of my weekly ritual, I called to see if I had a date yet.. nothing. Looks like they might be scheduling some people now though, someone who got their NOA2 nearly 2 weeks after I sent back my p3 already has a date yet, :wacko: although they are the only person to get a date recently it makes me sooo disapointed. I wish the Montreal Consulate would get their act together. Consulates in thrid world countries give interviews faster.

Soooo whats everyone up to? I called DoS today, no interview yet. I was really crossing my fingers and hoping for one since my birthday is monday and that would be the best present ever. Oh well cest la vie. Birdie, did you get a date yet?

Hey!!

I just got my packet 4. Interview date june 8th!! Any word on yours yet??

as1cEZt0g410000MDAyMzJzfDAwMDUzczh8V2VcJ3ZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZA.gif

Hey guys.

Quick question.

My interview date is June 8th. I am planning to be back in Philly on the 12th, do you think that IF i don't get the visa that day, will i still be able to fly that weekend? Or should i wait till i get it?

i was hoping to be back by then, would it be a problem do you think??

Timeline
Hey guys.

Quick question.

My interview date is June 8th. I am planning to be back in Philly on the 12th, do you think that IF i don't get the visa that day, will i still be able to fly that weekend? Or should i wait till i get it?

Wait until you get the visa because even if you dont have the visa in your hand you still kind of have one, it is in the process of being issued. I'd say wait just to be sure that the same thing that happened to Kat&Allie doesnt happen to you. Are you planning to go for a visit or to activate the visa, because if it is just for a visit I'd say maybe can you try and go the weekend before or something? Woo hoo though for having a date I bet you are soo excited! wow that isn't a lot of notice they are giving you, I hope you dont have to travel far for the interview.

And no I havent heard anything yet. I am SOOO MAD that someone who got the NOA2 after I sent in my p3 has an interview date. I am trying not to let it get to me but its very aggrivating, im at about 250 days since NOA1 and still nothing. Which makes it hard to plan a 900 mile move. Hopefully I will hear something soon. I'm calling again on Friday and also going to visit Charles on the same day, but only for 4 days :(

Hey guys.

Quick question.

Wait until you get the visa because even if you dont have the visa in your hand you still kind of have one, it is in the process of being issued. I'd say wait just to be sure that the same thing that happened to Kat&Allie doesnt happen to you. Are you planning to go for a visit or to activate the visa, because if it is just for a visit I'd say maybe can you try and go the weekend before or something? Woo hoo though for having a date I bet you are soo excited! wow that isn't a lot of notice they are giving you, I hope you dont have to travel far for the interview.

And no I havent heard anything yet. I am SOOO MAD that someone who got the NOA2 after I sent in my p3 has an interview date. I am trying not to let it get to me but its very aggrivating, im at about 250 days since NOA1 and still nothing. Which makes it hard to plan a 900 mile move. Hopefully I will hear something soon. I'm calling again on Friday and also going to visit Charles on the same day, but only for 4 days :(

Oh my god i can't believe you haven't heard anything yet!!! :( I had some trouble with the embassy too, but i called them every single day for months till i got an answer, i drove them mad i am sure but i didn't care!! Hang in there girl, it will come soon for you i really really hope!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and send positive vibes your way :)

As for my trip, i am actually going to activate the visa. I know in some cases they IF they dont issue you you with the visa on the same day as the interview, it takes 1 week for them to post it to you, OR they ask you to go back the next day to collect it. i am really hoping that its one of the latter, i really dont wanna hang around lol, i wanna get back asap!! So i guess i should wait till i have the visa, the interview is the 8th, think i'd be safe enough booking the flights for the 16th?? and would immigration stop me at the airport i wonder?!!

Luckily i don't have far to travel, dublin is a small place and the embassy is less than an hour away :)

Keep me posted on whats happening with you ok?!! <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey guys.

Quick question.

Amber, ok, hang on with your hands tight, here comes your US real rollercoster..you'll an interview date within a week! so, I ask!

In the main time, all right, guys, everything is perfect, except...Job market sucks! We really need a 2nd income, as my job is secure, it's not enough earnings to move into our own place, we need a stable 2nd income which is not happpening right now for some stupid reason, besides the country worst unemployment rate..( but we need a job! guys, please send your positive vibes our way! It's our turn to ask for spiritual help!

Thank you!

Timeline
I arrived yesterday and my baby surprised me with a wedding date. It looks like I'll be getting married today!! Assuing I manage to iron out wrinkles on my dress by then :D.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! that's awesome! are you the first in our trade?

that's is truly awesome! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

update on Us: we'll be getting hitched down in 1.5 weeks. No rush, except, turns out as hot as DC market is for his field (IT), everyone who is somehow reputable, who does not require security clearance which means for citizens only (government, what do you expect),wants a solid Green Card. Temporally employment authorization, apparently, does not quiet cut it.:(

Timeline
I am going on the 29th for a few days to visit and celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. Hopefully this will be my last visit.

Have a nice visit! My boyfriend and I were just discussing how long our fellow SEP filers, have to wait.

He said: "almost a year to wait for a visa"

I was like: "honey, at lease Canada is $200 away round trip, not $990 to Russia + $200 for visa"

You'll get within a week the date...

Timeline

Well to SC, its about well just under $300 roundtrip :P But you were right, I did call and get July 8th as my interview date today! So it looks like this was infact my last viist unless i squeeze one in for indpendence day, but doubtful ' cause the Border patrol ppl were mean on Friday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.