tampajamica

What questions will they ask my son

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My wife has petitioned for my son by way of IR-2. BTW-My petition is over. He should soon be receiving is appointment letter in Jamaica. Will they want/allow his mother to accompany him to the interview. Will they want proof that he is my wife's stepson, and if so what kind? What questions will they ask him. Thanks for your help guys.

Filed: Timeline
My wife has petitioned for my son by way of IR-2. BTW-My petition is over. He should soon be receiving is appointment letter in Jamaica. Will they want/allow his mother to accompany him to the interview. Will they want proof that he is my wife's stepson, and if so what kind? What questions will they ask him. Thanks for your help guys.

Hey how are you?

How old is he? At my interview and from what I observed I heard them asking if the child has met the step-parent, what's his or her name, do you know where they live, do you like them, is your mom or dad happy, do you have step brothers or sisters, do you think you'll get along with them and lastly, do you think you'll like it in the U.S...some kids were not questioned at all. It depends of the age. The interviews I overheard all had parents with the child. The questions depends on how old the child is.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey..yea it depends on how old the child is. They can get information from when ur wife filed for u..which ur son was listed on the paper work. If they wanted evidence before hand they would have requested it..if he gets to the interview and something is missing they will just give him a date to come back

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey how are you?

How old is he? At my interview and from what I observed I heard them asking if the child has met the step-parent, what's his or her name, do you know where they live, do you like them, is your mom or dad happy, do you have step brothers or sisters, do you think you'll get along with them and lastly, do you think you'll like it in the U.S...some kids were not questioned at all. It depends of the age. The interviews I overheard all had parents with the child. The questions depends on how old the child is.

My son is 16. Thanks for the info.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My step Kids went in Colombia one was 16 and the other 11. I was unable to attend but their dad did. All questions were basically on the relationship between my husband and I . They only spoke to the dad they did not ask the kids any questions. Also at POE JFK no questions just a finger print for the 16 yr old

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Timeline
My step Kids went in Colombia one was 16 and the other 11. I was unable to attend but their dad did. All questions were basically on the relationship between my husband and I . They only spoke to the dad they did not ask the kids any questions. Also at POE JFK no questions just a finger print for the 16 yr old

That's good.

Just one question guys. Since my son is 16 does he have to register with the selective service or anytime in the future? :bonk:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am pretty sure when he turns 18 and is a resident if the US he needs to register. Not sure on the link hoe someone else can post it for you.

Good Luck let us know how the interview goes

That's good.

Just one question guys. Since my son is 16 does he have to register with the selective service or anytime in the future? :bonk:

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.