Charliehereforyou

B-2 to visit me while K-1 in process

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
I wish I could figure out what applies to Croatian people. The whole system is so random it.. just really makes no sense.

We'll see less than a week, I guess.

It's often a mistake to conclude something you don't understand is random. This is one of those cases.

I understand what I am saying. They don't. Or they don't care. No reason to not be able to draw conclusions.

As for the process itself, it's really easy to understand.

All interviews here at the Embassy are being conducted in front of a glass window. You can listen to them all. It's random. Lottery. It's just that the ticket costs $131.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I wish I could figure out what applies to Croatian people. The whole system is so random it.. just really makes no sense.

It's often a mistake to conclude something you don't understand is random. This is one of those cases.

I understand what I am saying. They don't. Or they don't care. No reason to not be able to draw conclusions.

All interviews here at the Embassy are being conducted in front of a glass window. You can listen to them all. It's random. Lottery. It's just that the ticket costs $131.

It's not the process I'm referring to when I say, "don't understand". Although you may have listened to the some interviews, you didn't see the files from which the Consular Officer was working or know the details of the cases. Often, what appears random on the surface is actually far from it, when the details are disclosed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

It's not the process I'm referring to when I say, "don't understand". Although you may have listened to the some interviews, you didn't see the files from which the Consular Officer was working or know the details of the cases. Often, what appears random on the surface is actually far from it, when the details are disclosed.

I,ve heard and seen more than enough to know that it's nothing but a giant pile of - random.

Timeline

I,ve heard and seen more than enough to know that it's nothing but a giant pile of - random.

And I have seen and heard far more than enough to have concluded otherwise, though I can understand how some portions of the visa process can appear to be random.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Out of curiousity, what would you think of two sisters who live with their parents, parents are both doctors and well off financialy, both sisters are gainfully employed, no relatives in the US or any who have ever been in the US. One sister applies for a tourist visa and is denied. Several months later, the other sister applies and the visa is issued.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Out of curiousity, what would you think of two sisters who live with their parents, parents are both doctors and well off financialy, both sisters are gainfully employed, no relatives in the US or any who have ever been in the US. One sister applies for a tourist visa and is denied. Several months later, the other sister applies and the visa is issued.

I would think I didn't know enough about the cases or what occured during the interview to form any other conclusion than that I didn't know enough about the cases or what occured in the interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

unless you or your SO have political pull, your chances of getting a tourist visa is like a snowball in hell.

Just getting a K-1 approved by GUZ is 50/50. GUZ is by far the hardest embassy to obtain any kind of visa let alone B-2

and if she happens to slip through, she will probably be turn back at customs.

Finally, this may add another layer of difficulty to your k-1 petition. i wouldn't chance it unless your last name is BUSH or HU

good luck

comicirsaudit.jpg

Timeline

I would not be surprised at all, even if it happened in one day, case after case, instead of within several months. Again, I've seen it happen.

If it's about some magic words you can say at the interview, what is it, then, the whole process, other than a pile of randomness?

They just don't care about what you have to say, or what kind of documents you have to present. All you get from them here is random, senseless stuff. And they know next to nothing about the country they work in, or the people they are supposed to be judging.

Filed: Other Timeline

I would not be surprised at all, even if it happened in one day, case after case, instead of within several months. Again, I've seen it happen.

If it's about some magic words you can say at the interview, what is it, then, the whole process, other than a pile of randomness?

They just don't care about what you have to say, or what kind of documents you have to present. All you get from them here is random, senseless stuff. And they know next to nothing about the country they work in, or the people they are supposed to be judging.

I Agree

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.