Mocana87

When filling out the g-325a for the petitioner...

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I was filling out my G325a form (petitioner) and I didnt want to leave the employment space empty so I was wondering if it is a good idea to write that I am a full time student at Rutgers? I know now because of all the awesome VJ users that my fiance's employment status is irrelevant but what about mine? :unsure:

DSC04444.jpgIMG_7162.jpgIMG_7316.jpg

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-09-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-21

NVC Received : 2009-01-26

NVC Left : 2009-01-26

Consulate Received : 2009-02-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-09

Packet 3 Sent back: 2009-02-11

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2009-03-09

Visa Received : 2009-03-09

Future:

US Entry : 2009-03-23

Marriage : 2009-06-13

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I may be wrong but isnt it that a petitioner must provide evidence that he/she is willing and able to support the beneficiary, therefore the petitioner must have a continuous income or assets? or they can petition thru joint sponsorship? sorry I just thought I'd ask too.. If you read that you can petition someone with a full time student status then that is what you need to put in there then...good luck and god bless

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: Timeline
I may be wrong but isnt it that a petitioner must provide evidence that he/she is willing and able to support the beneficiary, therefore the petitioner must have a continuous income or assets? or they can petition thru joint sponsorship? sorry I just thought I'd ask too.. If you read that you can petition someone with a full time student status then that is what you need to put in there then...good luck and god bless

The petitioner must show income that is 125% above the poverty limit, or assets that can make up the difference. The beneficiary's income is of no

concern.

If you don't meet the criteria, then you WILL NEED a co-sponsor. Whether or not your embassy allows for a co-sponsor is something you are going to need to find out.

You cannot petition for somebody with no income and assets, and no co-sponsor. In a nutshell, immigration process for K1 isn't cheap, and you need to provide them with proof showing your fiance won't become a public charge. If you or your co-sponsor cannot meet the standard requirements, then you cannot get the K1 visa.

I was filling out my G325a form (petitioner) and I didnt want to leave the employment space empty so I was wondering if it is a good idea to write that I am a full time student at Rutgers? I know now because of all the awesome VJ users that my fiance's employment status is irrelevant but what about mine? :unsure:

I'm in the same shape you are, and this is how I've interpreted it. Being a full time student is not the same as being employed (even though both are "work"!). If you are not employed through the school or on your own, you are unemployed for purposes of filing out the form. Therefor, you're most likely going to need a Sponsor. They need to make above 125% of the poverty level. When figuring that amount out, you include everyone in their household that they support, plus your beneficiary, and compare it to the figures on the poverty guidlines chart to see if they qualify. Later on in the process, they will have to fill out the I-134 and provide proof of their financial status, along with yourself (even if you're unemployed, you must still fill out what's applicable to you on this form--I chose to list on my I-134, in lieu of employment info, my school info and am including a copy of my financial aid award letter, as it is income into my household). Hopefully, your embassy is one that will accept a Sponsor if it's necessary.

Good luck!

s41029cb120113_1_0.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you have never been employed, put NO EMPLOYMENT HISTORY. You do not need to show your income at this rate, so don't even worry about it. Although we know that being a full time student is a lot of work, it's not a JOB, so you don't need to write that.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.