NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Timeline

As Nigerian man, this link is offensive..and I wonder why you even post it. By what are you trying to say? What has it to do with the visa process? I just join today and see this kind of thing and makes me angry at ignorance and disrespect of some people.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
As Nigerian man, this link is offensive..and I wonder why you even post it. By what are you trying to say? What has it to do with the visa process? I just join today and see this kind of thing and makes me angry at ignorance and disrespect of some people.

u obvosuly havent heard how ignorant and disrespectful her exhusband was to her. her ex used her for a green card. real nice guy right? she has a right to be bitter.

What one man does is none of my concern. Has nothing to do with me, or anyone else. If this woman post this because she is angry with her husband, she has bigger problem than her husband. People who continue to harbor ill will towards others for the bad deeds of one, are only making themself look weak. I do not know what has happened to her, but the bitterness to speak of is an evil tool. Trying to find a way to hurt other people for no reason is a flaw in ones person. In this way she is no better than her husband. Still wondering the relevence of the article in the first place. Why should she care to post something like that...to purposely insult?

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Lovin_my_boo

Your profile was created within 15 min of the bumped thread which may indicate you are an established member under a cover ID or it may indicate that the OP is interested in creating drama and created a troll account to instigate. The admin can determine that.

Careful people with new ID's, they are often used to flame and instigate.

I am not saying it is one way or another but am just tired of the same old drama involving the same OP periodically. OP posts , newbies show up and are offended and never return. Flame war brakes out.

As I have stated many times before, anyone has the liberty to post what they want but it is my 2 cents worth that one should try not to offend

and be respectful of others and if the hidden agenda is bitterness after so long of a time then it does not justify such negativity and perhaps

counseling would be more effective rather than post this out of a motive of anger or to instigate.

Hoping we all can continue to enjoy a peaceful forum here in sub-saharan.

Peac (F) e

Timeline

u obvosuly havent heard how ignorant and disrespectful her exhusband was to her. her ex used her for a green card. real nice guy right? she has a right to be bitter.

Were you there ? Do you know what happened ? One can certainly retain a root of bitterness that will grow into an oak tree over time but I find it not very healthy to maintain such a negative emotion after several years and certainly don't feel it is an excuse to insult an entire culture.

Perhaps no one responded the first time around because more than one was offended or thought the article a bit off.

I come to join this because I have family who told me to find information here. I just read the postings all morning, then come to this one. I wanted to undeerstand why the purpose of it. I had to make profile to ask. I am always feeling degraded by others who take issue with Nigerians. I thought this was a website for information. Did not know I would be made to feel I have done wrong in joining. This is a very accusatory place...I am now reading more. Do not know why people must be always making judgement on one another that they dont even know the person. I only asked why person would post that link.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Were you there ? Do you know what happened ? One can certainly retain a root of bitterness that will grow into an oak tree over time but I find it not very healthy to maintain such a negative emotion after several years and certainly don't feel it is an excuse to insult an entire culture.

Perhaps no one responded the first time around because more than one was offended or thought the article a bit off.

:thumbs::thumbs: '

This is soooo weird, but it is the God honest truth. The other day I was thinking..it has been awhile since a "special" someone posted something negative and the very next day....BINGO!! I knew it was too good to be true.

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Timeline
What one man does is none of my concern. Has nothing to do with me, or anyone else. If this woman post this because she is angry with her husband, she has bigger problem than her husband. People who continue to harbor ill will towards others for the bad deeds of one, are only making themself look weak. I do not know what has happened to her, but the bitterness to speak of is an evil tool. Trying to find a way to hurt other people for no reason is a flaw in ones person. In this way she is no better than her husband. Still wondering the relevence of the article in the first place. Why should she care to post something like that...to purposely insult?

I come to join this because I have family who told me to find information here. I just read the postings all morning, then come to this one. I wanted to undeerstand why the purpose of it. I had to make profile to ask. I am always feeling degraded by others who take issue with Nigerians. I thought this was a website for information. Did not know I would be made to feel I have done wrong in joining. This is a very accusatory place...I am now reading more. Do not know why people must be always making judgement on one another that they dont even know the person. I only asked why person would post that link.

If you are who you say you are then welcome to VJ. There is a wealth of information here and most are here to encourage and support you with information that you rarely find anywhere else.

I would also like to extend a welcome to you to our daily cafe chit chat thread to pass the time.

We value and appreciate the input of African SO's here , especially to listen to cultural and adjustment perspectives.

Please realize that the nature of a puplic message board brings with it a variety of members and issues and try to focus on the positive and informative threads and ignore the ones that offend you.

Don't allow others to degrade you as a Nigerian man. Others can not define who you are, so don't allow them to make you feel uncomfortable.

I wish you the best in your visa journey and hope you give it another try here on VJ (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been holding my "fingers" on this one but....

I have to say NOT MY HUSBAND and....

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

There are PLENTY of studies about different things...come on all you ladies with Nigerian Husbands I am sure there is a study about HOT NIGERIAN LOVERS!! If you don't have one sorry ladies you need to find one!! ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
You are bad P........but right ! Mine also does more than " grunt for me to assume the position " as the author of the article states.

:rofl::lol::rofl: I know right the article is very "Clan of the Cave Bear" give me a break. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Since now Idocare has gone "below the belt" :rofl::lol::rofl: we have to defend our SOs sexual prowess now?? :wow:

That is NONE of your business Idocare it sounds like you need to get your self some and leave us that have it alone! Really girl you are too much this time.

The article states " sex for procreation only" I should have a whole bunch of babies by now!

Are you TRYING to get a record for the most locked threads?? Come on now...this is clearly offensive and I have been very nice and not said anything up to this point but when you did not get any responses you felt the need to bump it? I pray that God heals your heart so you can move past your failed marriage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was going to bite my tongue but.....:whistle:

I don't understand why such articles still exist today :angry: This whole caveman, archaic, primitive mentality, sexually repressed/oppressed/stressed is soooooo last century.

Anyone who claims to have been to any of the 50+ countries in Africa would know that this article is a bunch of #######.

And the fact that it is written by their fellow countrymen/women is disgusting.

Do they have such a low view of their own people that they would go out and publish such drivel as this? Sounds like they all need a good man/woman to show them a few things :devil: Maybe I should pass out my number to them :innocent:

I guess for those of us in successful relationships we snagged the only good men/women on the whole African continent. After all, there is no way that they can all be reasonable, modern, educated, romantic people :bonk:

Who comes up with this garbage anyway :wacko: ?

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

God love you!

and WE DO CARE.....

about your well-being.

God love you!

Edited by stevi1123

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.