mcgregordaniel

"Administrative Processing" at the NVC

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Has anyone been in Administrative Processing at the NVC for more than 4 weeks. If so what was the outcome?

most eventually clear

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Has anyone been in Administrative Processing at the NVC for more than 4 weeks. If so what was the outcome?

most eventually clear

Yes, but in what time frame? According to NVC, AP has no time frame

Timeline

most eventually clear

that obviously cannot be determined because it is case specific... it could be 4 weeks to 3 years...

YMMV

Timeline
we've been there for two

Pray that you're not in it for more than 4 weeks. They are like robots at NVC. They won't answer any questions or give out any information and when they do tell you something it's contradictory to what the previous person tells you. I have been told it takes: "a few days to a week"; "2 to 4 weeks"; "a week to 10 days"; and of course the ever popular one of " there is no time frame"

Timeline

most eventually clear

that obviously cannot be determined because it is case specific... it could be 4 weeks to 3 years...

I for one don't buy that "no time frame". Everthing in life has a time frame including life itself.

Timeline

doesn't much matter whether you buy it or not.... it is what it is... we have had people in AR for 3 years... not necessarily at NVC but still in AR...

YMMV

Timeline
doesn't much matter whether you buy it or not.... it is what it is... we have had people in AR for 3 years... not necessarily at NVC but still in AR...

But I haven't killed anyone recently and neither has my fiance. lol. But seriously, have you known of people being in it for lets say 4 weeks plus and having a positive outcome? The super at NVC I spoke to last night told me that the background check was on my fiance, not me and said that I should not worry, and call back next week as it might be resolved by then. I DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF THEM

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Here is a list of the security checks done at each stage of the process.

fwaguy is right, people get held up for years... more commonly seen at uscis or interview stage but held up nonetheless. ;)

We have no red flags either, neither of us has a common name and NZ is definitely not a high fraud post. In fact, we're all set for our interview and just waiting for the NVC to send along the petition to the Consulate. When I called NVC last night and found this out, she did tell me that the Consulate could request the petition be sent via email. Not sure the USEM in Jamaica would do that but i've already requested it from NZ.

It seems from what i've read here and elsewhere online that some folks just have to wait a bit longer at this stage. It doesn't appear to be too long unless you have special circumstances or something that flags you.

timeline.jpg

My fiance is in administrative review in Bankkok as well on August 27th. Let's stay in contact with each other if anything happens.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-06-02

NVC Received : 2008-06-11

NVC Left : 2008-06-18

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-06-19

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-22

Interview Date : 2008-08-27 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2008-10-02

US Entry : 2008-10-04

Marriage : 2007-12-21

Joy and I were married on 11/21/2008 and mailed in for her Green Card on 12/1/2008. Marraige agrees with Joy and I.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 131 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 217 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : San Francisco

POE Date : 2008-10-04 Submit Review

Got EAD Stamp : Yes,Passport Stamp

Biometrics Taken :

Harassment Level : 0

Comments :

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2008-12-15

NOA Date : 2008-12-20

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2009-03-11 Submit Review

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-03-11

Approved : Yes

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2009-03-21

Comments : New Problemss but not too serious. Green Card came with the wrong Birthday and had to file I-90. We are told that it will take 6 months to replace the card.

Timeline
But seriously, have you known of people being in it for lets say 4 weeks plus and having a positive outcome?

Yes....

If the check is being done on your fiance(e), the NVC is at the mercy of whichever agency they have contacted and must wait for a reply...

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Who do they pick for Administrative Processing? Is it random or is it based on all the information you submit to them?

I-130 Timeline:

12-11-2007- Married my Love

02-08-2008- CSC receives I-130

02-11-2008- Received Hardcopy NOA1

08-14-2008- Approved!!! 216 days...

08-21-2008- NOA2 Hardcopy received

08-27-2008- NVC Receives file, NVC Case Number issued

09-05-2008- AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

09-06-2008- E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

09-11-2008- Received Hardcopy of DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

09-15-2008- Mailed Hardcopy of DS-3032

09-16-2008- Paid $70 AOS fee online

09-17-2008- Received E-mail confirming the DS-3032 Agent

09-17-2008- Printed Coversheet for AOS paperwork

09-17-2008- IV Bill Invoiced

12-16-2008- Sent I-864 EZ to NVC

NOW: Debating on current situation...

.png

Timeline
Who do they pick for Administrative Processing? Is it random or is it based on all the information you submit to them?

Every one gets placed into AP so to speak... Some "clear" in a matter of days, while others have name "hits" or some other sort of complexity that requires more time to complete

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Every one gets placed into AP so to speak... Some "clear" in a matter of days, while others have name "hits" or some other sort of complexity that requires more time to complete

OHHHH ok. Thanks

I-130 Timeline:

12-11-2007- Married my Love

02-08-2008- CSC receives I-130

02-11-2008- Received Hardcopy NOA1

08-14-2008- Approved!!! 216 days...

08-21-2008- NOA2 Hardcopy received

08-27-2008- NVC Receives file, NVC Case Number issued

09-05-2008- AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

09-06-2008- E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

09-11-2008- Received Hardcopy of DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

09-15-2008- Mailed Hardcopy of DS-3032

09-16-2008- Paid $70 AOS fee online

09-17-2008- Received E-mail confirming the DS-3032 Agent

09-17-2008- Printed Coversheet for AOS paperwork

09-17-2008- IV Bill Invoiced

12-16-2008- Sent I-864 EZ to NVC

NOW: Debating on current situation...

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.