Tarumba

TRAVELLING ABROAD AFTER GETTING MARRIED

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey everyone. I must say this is a GREAT site. :star:

I have some questions regarding the K1, I was sent an email saying my NOA2 has been sent to my fiance's home. What to do now? Is this when i am to receive the packet 3, too? And just what is the packet 3?

Also, we thought about getting married abroad, but I think we HAVE to get married in the US. How about travelling afterwards? Do you know if I can leave the country at all after getting married? (Honeymoon, visiting the family, etc.)

The flowchart is awesome. Really.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A K-1 mandates a marriage in the USA or its territories

Departing the USA after the marriage is not a problem for the K-1, however re-entering (without advance parole or greencard) will be a b!tch...

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:no:

FAQ: 6.7)...Can my spouse leave the United States, and then re-enter, before receiving the Green Card (conditional permanent residency)?

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html#6.7

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Whoa such speedy replies.

I guess we'll have to be patient and enjoy the local attractions before leaving.

Yep, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico is fine as long as you use a direct flight to and from there.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Tarumba...can you tell me how long it took you since the date you send the first packet? I-129F until you got your NOA 2 and since when you applied?

thanks

Tarumba...can you tell me how long it took you since the date you send the first packet? I-129F until you got your NOA 2 and since when you applied?

thanks

Timeline

thanks

thanks

How about looking at their timeline?? http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=53831

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=53577

Timeline
Welcome back Dan. :)
Yep sometimes people ask questions that can be easily answered by just clicking a link, :bonk:

:lol:

Timeline

thanks

thanks

You're form Peru???? YAY!

We sent everything in the beginning of may, and waited patiently :crying: until yesterday, which is when i got my notice of aproval !!!! :dance:

What am I supposed to do now??!

thanks

thanks

How about looking at their timeline?? http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=53831

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=53577

I did, sir! :innocent:

Timeline
I am clueless beyond NOA2....I wish I was as far as you are when it comes to processing time...I am waiting on his pictures so I can send the packet...and start this journey

You have to commit to it, we sat down on the phone one saturday, no interruptions, had a checklist done, decided on everything I needed to send him, and then I sent everything on monday. We filled in the forms on line together, that monday, and then as soon as my things got to his house, we checked eerything again on the phjone and the next day he sent everything to them.

there's a very useful checklist on inmihelp.

After a couple of weeks, he saw in his bank account that the checks had been cashed (we celebrated a bit) and then we registered on the USCIS website to get on line notifications, and got our receipt number. We kept checking our status (it said pending) until yesterday.

Good luck! You HAVE to be very committed, time wise!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

After you receive the NOA2 your file goes to the NVC and then on to the embassy in Lima. Your looking at about 1-3 weeks for the NVC process and the another 30 days after the embassy gets your information for the interview date. Good luck with everything and feel free to look at our timeline or ask us if you have more questions. :thumbs:

Brian & Isa

Timeline
After you receive the NOA2 your file goes to the NVC and then on to the embassy in Lima. Your looking at about 1-3 weeks for the NVC process and the another 30 days after the embassy gets your information for the interview date. Good luck with everything and feel free to look at our timeline or ask us if you have more questions. :thumbs:

Awesome, having real-life examples is so encouraging!

:dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.