Veiled Princess

AP in ME/NA countries

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Assalaamu alaikum السلام عليكم ,

I posted in the NVC section but I wanted to post here too inshallah انشاء الله . Our petition has finally been received at NVC alhamdulilah الحمد الله but I was told on the 18th that it's in AP now. I know I have read a lot about others from the ME/NA being on AP so I am just curious how many got put on AP at the NVC level and how long it took for you to get off that and have your petition forwarded to the consulate. I did find out the embassy we'll be going through, since Libya doesn't have one yet, is Tunis. What exactly is AP? Is it different from AR? Since we got this now does that mean we don't have to worry about this later at the interview stage?

Also, since we don't know how long this will take, should I go ahead and send the affidavit of support or no? I was going to send it now because the mail usually takes at least a month to get from here to there or from there to here but I don't know if that document expires or how recent it has to be when he goes for his interview.

Shukran wa jazak Allah kharn شكرا وجزاك الله خيرا to eveyone here who has been so helpful and supportive so far during my journey.

Edited by veiledprincesslayla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Layla,

I think for us it is hard to tell you a lot of answers to your questions, because your case is definitely different, being that your fiancé is from Libya. AP/AR is done for so many different reasons, and since they review/processing reason is hidden, there's not much anyone can even say about their own case. I've seen the U.S. Consulate in Tunis, it's very nice BTW.. also keep in mind that since the travel ban was just lifted in 2004 and U.S. is working on creating good relations with them. My guess is due to that, the security checks are probably standard as the U.S. consulate is establishing ways to screen Libyan beneficiaries, but that's just my opinion..

I don't think there are any Libyan-American couples on the forum that you could relate with... but I hope this is just standard AP screening!

I cannot find the post where Mary explained AR/AP, so don't worry she'll come around or you can message her and she'll explain the two with you. I hope they can clear up the processing in the quickest fashion possible.... don't lose hope... keep posting we are all here for you (F)

Edited by iceyspots

Filed: Timeline

I just want to update you gals/guys here inshallah انشاءالله

I called NVC today and our case has been forwarded to the embassy in Tunis today!!! Alhamdulilah الحمدالله :dance: I am so happy and excited and full of hope now :luv: I really wish there was someone here who has been through Tunis to tell me what to expect but oh well, at least we're on our way to the embassy!! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

ALhamdulilah!! That's great news - one big step closer insha'Allah :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am not sure of your embassy but I can give you some insight into the AR and AP. Here is a brief summary and AP/AR is the same for any type of visa.

I. ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

"Administrative Review" refers to a Consular Official placing the case "on hold" because the Visa Petitioner or Beneficiary FAILED TO PASS the security name check or background check, or because the Consulate or State Department or Homeland Security NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE some issue or matter in the case more closely. Cases placed into Administrative Review can ADD WEEKS OR EVEN MONTHS to processing time and final decision on visa issuance, typically in most cases AT LEAST 4 to 8 weeks additional time. Under current regulation, there is no right of appeal within State Department or Homeland Security for administrative review status. It is suggested that visa petitioners and beneficiaries keep track of the status of their case as best as possible, and secure, if possible, the reason or reasons their case has been placed into administrative review, which at least helps to relieve some anxiety during the waiting time.

ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

Can be a field investigation to your home or job, they go and make sure marriages or relationships are valid and that the documents submitted are proper and to rule out fraud.

You can have AR and then AP as well during your processing and in either case a congressman or senator CANNOT help to expedite the cases. AP is also a black abyss without any details given. I know my husband was in it for almost 5 months and we could not find out any details other than saying we are in Administrative Processing.

Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Those operators at the NVC do not need to use the dreaded "AP word" so loosely. They almost scared me too. Then three days later, we are off the the embassy. :thumbs:

Congratulations :dance:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

"Administrative Review" and "Administrative Processing" can mean all sorts of things, from lengthy DOS checks to merely walking the dayum paperwork from the interview area down to the room that does the visa stamping.

Unfortunately, this entire process requires nerves of steel.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.