KingCan

Any french people living in the usa in here?

81 posts in this topic

...Don't like hockey or clubbing? What kind of canuck are you Mephys??? :no:

The one that moved to the US? :unsure:

:lol:

Well I actually like clubbing, just don't like the kind of people that are there, so hence I don't like to go. But whenever I hear good music on the radio, volume is up.

And about hockey, well....When I was a kid I got dragged 2-3 times a week to the arena for about 5 years to see my older brother play and it really got me fed up for life. Whatcha gonna do :bonk:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krikit, Mephys there's only one way to settle this. I suggest you meet on the Plains of Abraham. :o:lol:

hehe, like me and krikit ever hated each other :lol:

And Kri, what about we visit the old city and then go shopping and then go clubbing ??? :D

I'm in! Well, maybe not the clubbing. But definitely shopping and the jazz clubs! :dance:

If you happen to make actual plans to come visit here, why not make it Montreal instead of Quebec City? Then we could meet and have some fun. I'm going to be in Montreal for at least two months before I move. I'm all for shopping and jazz is fine by me! :)

We were just actually kidding. I ain't going back to Montreal for a few months unfortunately...

Just went in May, and I have no vacation time until December. And with the hit we are taking from me being home sick all week we won't afford tickets for a while...:(

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
But if/when we ever do get back there, we'll be sure to let everyone know so we can schedule a play date!

Au Centre Bell, peut-etre? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Bonjour!

Je suis Canadienne. Ma Francais es trop mal. :(

Ma grandmere est Quebecoise, et la premiere langue du mon pere est francais.

I grew up in Alberta and took French from grade 5-grade 12, but high school for me ended 10 years ago.

I can read and understand French a lot better than I can write it or speak it.

~Jenny

Ps

voulez vous mangez poutine avec moi c'est soir?

I 29F sent to VSC FEB 7, 2008 (K1)

Packet 3 recieved in May sometime

Medical done June 10/08

Packet 3 documents completed and sent out July 08/ 08

Packet 4 received July 28 (letter dated July 21)

Interview Aug 15, 2008 APPROVED!!!!!!!

Received Visa in mail Aug 20!

Moved to NY Dec 6, 2008!!!

Wedding Feb 28, 2009

Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization and Advanced Parole Forms all sent to chicago- Mar 12/09

Received Mar 16/09

NOAs for all dated Mar 20/09

HONEYMOON in DisneyWorld: Mar 21-29

Biometrics appt: Apr 8/09

"Welcome to USA" Letter received May 19/09

Green Card received May 26/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were just actually kidding. I ain't going back to Montreal for a few months unfortunately...

Just went in May, and I have no vacation time until December. And with the hit we are taking from me being home sick all week we won't afford tickets for a while...:(

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I haven't been on the forum for a while and I hope you're back in shape and feeling good now.

But if/when we ever do get back there, we'll be sure to let everyone know so we can schedule a play date!

Now wouldn't that be something! A bunch of VJers from Montreal, living in the US and planning a trip together to visit Montreal. I'd love that! Neat idea, Krikit!

Salut a tous,

J'aime la poutine quand j'etais petit. Je suis pas quebequois ou canadien, j'ai appris la langue francaise de mes parents. Mon grand pere habitait a Lavale, J'aime beaucoup la ville to 100 cloches, ma grammaire est un peux mal, J'ecris pas souvent en francais.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Oh my Dear, this thread is exciting.

Je suis francaise. Est-ce que je peux joindre la conversation ou uniquement les francais-canadiens sont les bienvenus? :P

Mephys, j'ai une question a te demander. Comment fais-tu pour ne pas perdre ton francais maintenant que tu vis aux Etats-Unis? As-tu des astuces ou conseils?

*bows to the only French Canadian on VJ*

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Oh my Dear, this thread is exciting.

Je suis francaise. Est-ce que je peux joindre la conversation ou uniquement les francais-canadiens sont les bienvenus? :P

Mephys, j'ai une question a te demander. Comment fais-tu pour ne pas perdre ton francais maintenant que tu vis aux Etats-Unis? As-tu des astuces ou conseils?

*bows to the only French Canadian on VJ*

Of course you can join us :D

How do I not lose my French ? Easy enough, and overprotective mom :devil: She calls me almost everyday :lol:

voulez vous mangez poutine avec moi c'est soir?

I'd love to, but I'm married! :whistle::lol:

lol

Edited by Mephys

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Mephys,

My mom also calls me every day. It annoys me a bit sometimes but what can I say, she didn't talk to me for over a year.

I have also been reading french books and try to read anything in French. It is hard too around here though. I tried the municipal library but they mentioned that since there was no interest, they stopped getting french books couple of years back.

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Mephys,

My mom also calls me every day. It annoys me a bit sometimes but what can I say, she didn't talk to me for over a year.

I have also been reading french books and try to read anything in French. It is hard too around here though. I tried the municipal library but they mentioned that since there was no interest, they stopped getting french books couple of years back.

When I went to Montreal I bought myself a few French books, so I read from time to time in French. I also read some news/watch some vids in French from msn.ca.

My mom, well I lived with her for a long time, and even back then when I had an appartment 5 min away from her she would still call me everyday. Now even if she is 900 miles away it didn't change much :lol: Ladt week for example I was sick, and saturday morning we wanted to sleep in since my husband was off of work and without the kids. And because of the telemarketers we usually keep the phone out of the bedroom. So she tried to call at home 2 times, and called each of our cellphones, and she was getting panicked because we wouldn't answer. All she wanted to know was how I was doing. My hubby keeps the cellphone close by just in cse the ex would call about the kids, so of course she woke us up and she was all mad that we didn't answer :no:

Ah :luv: my mom

Filed: Timeline
phone out of the bedroom. So she tried to call at home 2 times, and called each of our cellphones, and she was getting panicked because we wouldn't answer. All she wanted to know was how I was doing. My hubby keeps the cellphone close by just in cse the ex would call about the kids, so of course she woke us up and she was all mad that we didn't answer :no:

OMG! I think you and my husband have the same mother!

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.