J & Q

Returned back to the US

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well, I returned back to the US last night. It was so good to spend 2 weeks together with the love of my life but was more difficult than I ever imagined possible leaving. I held back tears the whole way back home and talking to her once I got home wasn't easy either.

Unfortunately we still do not have our pink slip even after I appeared in person to try and clear up the confusion as well as provide the consulate with additional evidence. After pleading with the Chief Consulate to please let me try and clear up any confusion and answer any additional questions that they may have, I was still refused. It is so hard being apart and we are both so upset not knowing when we will be together again. We are just hoping and praying that the consulate will grant us our visa. I don't know what more I can do and just feel so useless. The consulate seems to believe that we do not have a true relationship, which is not true whatsoever because we both love each other more than imaginable.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

I'm so sorry about what you guys have to go through, I don't even want to imagine.

I can't give you any practical advice but just wanted to tell you not to give up and not to lose hope....

You will find a way to be together, you'll see!

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Timeline
Did you ever retain Ellis?

Yes, he too is baffled as to why the consulate refused my request for an overcome session. Apparently the Chief Consulate as well as most if not all of the consulates have been replaced for no apparent reason. We are hoping and praying that ME can somehow turn things around in our favor so that we can finally be together without having to worry about saying goodbye. We are both such an emotional wreck right now. If only the consulate could feel our heartache and pain he/she would know that we are sincere in the love that we have for each other.

4432.gif

Timeline

Good luck and God bless JandO. I was just over there a few months ago to visit and went by the embassy to orient my fiancee on where it was and saw some very nervous people standing around waiting for their time. I will say a prayer tonight special for y'all.

Timeline
Good luck and God bless JandO. I was just over there a few months ago to visit and went by the embassy to orient my fiancee on where it was and saw some very nervous people standing around waiting for their time. I will say a prayer tonight special for y'all.

Thank you so much luckytxn, it is much appreciated. I waited over 2 hours just to be turned away. I would have however waited for any amount of time if it meant that I could speak with someone that would give me the oppertunity. Besides I could have cleared up the issues listed on the blue slip in a matter of minutes. Anyway, we are hoping that we will get a positive outcome soon.

4432.gif

Timeline

I hope it works out soon. did they tell you to submit your request in writing? i sent an e-mail and they called my fiancée to see when if i was in Vietnam. they told me i could talk to the chief officer if they didn't approve us when we turned in documents they asked for. i sent them a bunch of e-mails and they responded to them. i tried to call and got stone walled. don't give up. they have to hear you.

Rodney

Timeline

I hope it works out soon. did they tell you to submit your request in writing? i sent an e-mail and they called my fiancée to see when if i was in Vietnam. they told me i could talk to the chief officer if they didn't approve us when we turned in documents they asked for. i sent them a bunch of e-mails and they responded to them. i tried to call and got stone walled. don't give up. they have to hear you.

Rodney

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Being apart is hard but I am sure you guys will cross the bridge together. Have faith in yourself, your spouse and relationship. If this doesn't work out, perhaps you can try something else to be together. Of course it is always easier said than done.

Whatever it is, good luck and god bless.

Mel (F)

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

Timeline

Thank you so much luckytxn, it is much appreciated. I waited over 2 hours just to be turned away. I would have however waited for any amount of time if it meant that I could speak with someone that would give me the oppertunity. Besides I could have cleared up the issues listed on the blue slip in a matter of minutes. Anyway, we are hoping that we will get a positive outcome soon.

Anytime JandO. I feel that a positive outcome is in the cards for y'all. As my fiancee has shown to me and astounds me still, patience and persistence is the key and will win all. If you love each other than both have no choice except to continue on no matter what.

Timeline

Rodney

Rodney,

Unfortunately no request had been made in writing prior to my arrival. My attorney and I felt that it would be best to go in person before the consulate as that is what many other people had done before without a problem. We were afraid that it would take too long or that the request would go unheard if made in writing. The Chief Consulate did however accept the additional supporting evidence which I provided them with so hopefully that helps. I mean this should prove without a reason of doubt that our relationship is true. I will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes for us to be together because I love her with my whole heart. May sound cliche but I have never been in love with anyone as I am with her and I know that she feels the same as I do. It probably is hard to beleive to many since we come from 2 very different places but when we are toghether nothing in the world seems to matter.

4432.gif

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Rodney

Rodney,

Unfortunately no request had been made in writing prior to my arrival. My attorney and I felt that it would be best to go in person before the consulate as that is what many other people had done before without a problem. We were afraid that it would take too long or that the request would go unheard if made in writing. The Chief Consulate did however accept the additional supporting evidence which I provided them with so hopefully that helps. I mean this should prove without a reason of doubt that our relationship is true. I will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes for us to be together because I love her with my whole heart. May sound cliche but I have never been in love with anyone as I am with her and I know that she feels the same as I do. It probably is hard to beleive to many since we come from 2 very different places but when we are toghether nothing in the world seems to matter.

You forgot to mention that! I think that's good. You should have her here within a few months (I hope)! Ellis got GuyandHoa out of AR in less than 60 days.

Timeline

Rodney

Rodney,

You forgot to mention that! I think that's good. You should have her here within a few months (I hope)! Ellis got GuyandHoa out of AR in less than 60 days.

I truly hope so. The Chief Consulate seems to have gotten offended when my Senator contacted him regarding this case so I am hoping that he does not have it out for me. They seem to overlook the fact that they are taking the one thing that means the most to me and that I will do whatever I can to be with the one I love.

4432.gif

Timeline

Have you thought about moving to Vietnam for a short time until you get all of this straightened out? I know that Xuan and I are waiting for Packet #4 and if for some reason she is not apporved and we have a fight on our hands I have given serious thought to moving there for some time just so we can be together. Not sure how just yet but I am hopeful that we will not have much trouble with the Interview. BUT with this consluate you never know. Good luck and I hope all goes well.

Jack & Xuan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F NOA1 : 3/10/08

I-129F NOA2 : 7/17/08

NVC Left : 7/25/08

Consulate Received : 8/4/08

Packet 3 Received : 8/8/08

Packet 4 Received : 9/12/08

Interview Date : 10/7/08

Received Green Sheet: 10/7/08

Turned in requested doc's for Green Sheet: 10/15/08

Got blue slip that says to wait for decision: 10/15/08

Still Waiting on a decision 11/22/08

Stilllll Waiting on a decision 2/2/09

Got a call with questions from the embassy3/9/09

Request sent to State Dept. to remove ineligibility status: 4/19/09

Approval letter recieved: 4/25/09

Pink Sheet: 4/27/09

Visa Received : 5/19/09

US Entry : 5/21/09

Marriage : 5/27/09

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.