GuangxiLee

I-360 VAWA how long does it take to process

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I want to thank everyone who responded to my past post marriage w/o a green card. Your info has been very helpful to my friend and his new up and coming wife to be.

We all our curious to see when his fiancee will get word from USCIS if she will be approved or not.

Does anyone know how long this petition takes to be approved? We have heard 6 months up to 18 months. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I want to thank everyone who responded to my past post marriage w/o a green card. Your info has been very helpful to my friend and his new up and coming wife to be.

We all our curious to see when his fiancee will get word from USCIS if she will be approved or not.

Does anyone know how long this petition takes to be approved? We have heard 6 months up to 18 months. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I applied for my VAWA self-petition in September 2006, it was approved in October 2007

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

I applied in Nov 2005 and it was finally approved in June 2007. Then add another year for The Green Card interview.- well in my case anyway.

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

Filed: Timeline

I filed for vawa in may08. It was approved in july08. my interview is scheduled for sept08.

05/05/03 - filed I485

11/2006 - RFE FOR MEDICAL

11/2006 - BIOMETRICS 485

03/08/07 - INTERVIEW DATE I485. CASE PENDING AFTER INTERVIEW

05/21/08 - FILED VAWA I360

05/28/08 - PRIMA FACIA APPROVAL FOR VAWA

07/22/08 - VAWA APPROVED.

08/11/08 - RECEIVED NOTICE FOR 485 INTERVIEW

09/02/08 - BIOMETRICS 485

09/17/08 - INTERVIEW DATE

09/17/08 - APPROVED WITH A STAMP!

09/22/08 - RECEIVED WELCOME LETTER

09/23/08 - RECEIVED APPROVAL EMAIL

09/26/08 - RECEIVED CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL

09/30/08 - CARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!YEAH!

I filed for vawa in may08. It was approved in july08. my interview is scheduled for sept08.

Wow! That's efficient! Are you sure you didn't make a typo? I'm impressed. I applied for mine on April 7th 08. I got my prima facie on April 14th. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm still waiting......

Could you tell me what kind of evidence you had? Did you use a lawyer? I didn't have a lot of evidence. Mine was filed in a hurry cuz my husband had threatened to call USCIS. I just wanted it on record. Was yours a straightforward approval or did you get an RFE. How long had you been married? Did you have any kids?

Thanks

Wow! That's efficient! Are you sure you didn't make a typo? I'm impressed. I applied for mine on April 7th 08. I got my prima facie on April 14th. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm still waiting......

Could you tell me what kind of evidence you had? Did you use a lawyer? I didn't have a lot of evidence. Mine was filed in a hurry cuz my husband had threatened to call USCIS. I just wanted it on record. Was yours a straightforward approval or did you get an RFE. How long had you been married? Did you have any kids?

Thanks

I used a lawyer from catholic charities. We've been married for 6yrs but have been living together for 10years. Have no kids because he does not want me to lose my figure. At first not having kids hurt me alot (clock ticking and all) but now I'm glad i didn't bring an innocent child into this hell.I did not have any police reports (although police have been called to our house on several occassions by neighbours and I refused to press charges) or order of protection. We are still living together but I have been working for a while with social services to plan my escape. It's not as easy to leave as everyone thinks. He's threatened to kill my family membrs if I leave. It's not really fair for me to ask family members to uproot their spouses & kids from all they know and go into hiding because I want to be free.

The evidence I had was:

letters from neighbours from all three former apartments about abuse they've witnessed.

letter from our last landlord saying he had to ask us to leave cause neighbours were scared of him.

letters from my family members about abuse they've witnessed towards me and abuse he's subjected them to.

report from my therapist about me treatment. ..have been going for 2 years.

husbands criminal records. he'd been convicted of trying to kill his last wife. spent 15yrs in jail in total for those assaults. also tried to strangle a galpal but she didn't press charges. just left town.

letter from the exwife detailing her experience living with him

my detailed declaration explaining the abuse and our life together.

I was a little worried because i didn't have any police reports but i did explain that i was scared to call the police because of his threats. from living wih him i know that he does not make empty threats. everything he's threatened me he would do , he has done. he is not scared of going to jail and in fact the only thing he regrets about his 15yrs in jail is that his exwife is still alive.

I was also worried that they would question why i'm still living with him after all that but my lawyer and therapist have told me (what my gut told me) that abused women are more likey to be killed when they are leaving or shortly after leaving their abusers. the officers at the vawa unit know about that.

I did not get a rfe. my lawyer was also very impressed by the speed of the approval 2 months. Though she had told me that it would not take more than 6 months.

Hope this helps you. What evidence did you send with your appication? How long are you married?

05/05/03 - filed I485

11/2006 - RFE FOR MEDICAL

11/2006 - BIOMETRICS 485

03/08/07 - INTERVIEW DATE I485. CASE PENDING AFTER INTERVIEW

05/21/08 - FILED VAWA I360

05/28/08 - PRIMA FACIA APPROVAL FOR VAWA

07/22/08 - VAWA APPROVED.

08/11/08 - RECEIVED NOTICE FOR 485 INTERVIEW

09/02/08 - BIOMETRICS 485

09/17/08 - INTERVIEW DATE

09/17/08 - APPROVED WITH A STAMP!

09/22/08 - RECEIVED WELCOME LETTER

09/23/08 - RECEIVED APPROVAL EMAIL

09/26/08 - RECEIVED CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL

09/30/08 - CARD RECEIVED!!!!!!!YEAH!

Thanks

I used a lawyer from catholic charities. We've been married for 6yrs but have been living together for 10years. Have no kids because he does not want me to lose my figure. At first not having kids hurt me alot (clock ticking and all) but now I'm glad i didn't bring an innocent child into this hell.I did not have any police reports (although police have been called to our house on several occassions by neighbours and I refused to press charges) or order of protection. We are still living together but I have been working for a while with social services to plan my escape. It's not as easy to leave as everyone thinks. He's threatened to kill my family membrs if I leave. It's not really fair for me to ask family members to uproot their spouses & kids from all they know and go into hiding because I want to be free.

The evidence I had was:

letters from neighbours from all three former apartments about abuse they've witnessed.

letter from our last landlord saying he had to ask us to leave cause neighbours were scared of him.

letters from my family members about abuse they've witnessed towards me and abuse he's subjected them to.

husbands criminal records. he'd been convicted of trying to kill his last wife. spent 15yrs in jail in total for those assaults. also tried to strangle a galpal but she didn't press charges. just left town.

I was a little worried because i didn't have any police reports but i did explain that i was scared to call the police because of his threats. from living wih him i know that he does not make empty threats. everything he's threatened me he would do , he has done. he is not scared of going to jail and in fact the only thing he regrets about his 15yrs in jail is that his exwife is still alive.

I was also worried that they would question why i'm still living with him after all that but my lawyer and therapist have told me (what my gut told me) that abused women are more likey to be killed when they are leaving or shortly after leaving their abusers. the officers at the vawa unit know about that.

I did not get a rfe. my lawyer was also very impressed by the speed of the approval 2 months. Though she had told me that it would not take more than 6 months.

Hope this helps you. What evidence did you send with your appication? How long are you married?

Thanks for your reply. And sorry about what you're going through. I met my husband in January '07 and we started dating shortly afterwards. He was really nice at the beginning. We got married in November '07. He had been sexually abusing me while we were still dating but I was too ashamed to leave him. I just couldn't imagine life without him. I loved him so much. I was so dumb. I couldn't talk to anyone. I was so ashamed. I didn't want people to judge me. Anyway, the abuse got worse in December. I should have left immediately. He practically raped me one night. I was on my period and I didn't want to have sex but he kept on insisting until finally I gave in. But in the middle of it, he turns me around and with no warning whatsoever, penetrates me anally. It was the most painful thing I have ever felt. I kept saying stop! but he didn't care. I hated him so much. I was so ashamed. It only got worse after that. I'm crying just relieving what I went through. The last straw came the week before valentines '08. He was gone for 3 days after that incident and when he came back, I had all his clothes packed in a bag and a note telling him that I didn't want to find him at home when I came back from work. I just didn't think I would be strong enough to go through with it if I confronted him face to face so I slept in my car that night and hoped he would leave. He was gone when I came home the next night. Along with my passport and some important documents.

Anyway, my evidence included a 15 page affidavit detailing what he had done to me. and of course the usual documents proving bona fide marriage, our life together etc. I did not have any affidavits from witnesses. the neighbors who witness the verbal abuse are latino illegal immigrants and I don't know if they would agree to write one for me. I should see a counselor. But I just don't seem to have the energy or the willpower to do anything. I feel so weak and so down all the time. I don't even have friends. I eat a lot. I have gained 20lbs. I just feel like I am letting myself go but I don't seem to have the will to do anything.

I don't know if I presented sufficient evidence to prove abuse. If I get an RFE, I will have to find a lawyer to handle it.

• 1 year later...

Thanks

The evidence I had was:

WOW I am so impressed! Could you please tell me when did you file for I485? Did you file it with I-360? Thank you,

Time lines listed here are reasonably accurate:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...&page=times

• 6 years later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Ancient 8-year old thread to further comment~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.