GiGii

Going or been through this VJ, long distance relationship, would you do it again?

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you do this VJ again?

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont know, I'm having second thoughts as it is.

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline

Yes - I'd do it again in a heartbeat for my husband! :yes:(L)

The worst part of all is just the enormous paperwork and the waiting time until you are approved - whatever you are filing for.

But it's definitely worth it. Patience is a tooth of iron which can even chew a rock! :star:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Darren, I would. But I agree with Wacken, it would've been much easier the other way round.

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If my fiance was from a country where I could pursue my career just as well as I can in the U.S, then hell no. I would move out of the U.S. to be with him rather than having to deal with the nightmare of U.S. immigration.

Feb 21, 2007: Mailed I-129F via USPS Priority Mail.

Feb 24, 2007: I-129F arrived at VSC at 3:01 p.m.

Feb 27, 2007: NOA1

Feb 28, 2007: They cashed my check.

Mar 2, 2007: Touched! I'm guessing this was my check clearing :)

Mar 5, 2007: NOA1 arrived via snail mail.

Mar 15, 2007: NOA2!!!!!!

Mar 21, 2007: Petition sent to Bogota

May: We send Packet 3 by fax; fax never received.

June: We send packet 3 again; it's sent back because my fiance didn't write NONE and N/A.

July: We send packet 3 again . . .

July 23rd: We get an email from the embassy. Our interview is August 21st!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

In answer to this poll's question: "Yes", I would go through the long distance relationship again, especially if it's for my husband, whom I love (L)...After all, "when it comes to love, there is no distance" and "distance does make the heart grow fonder"...

My husband and I did the "long distance live-in relationship" thing for a very long time before and it worked out well for us, as it sure gave us the opportunity to know each other better, indeed. I definately recommend other couples, if they can, to do something like this. Also, it is important for all couples, regardless, to communicate effectively with each other in all ways and before they spend the rest of their lives together.

What's ironic in our situation though, is that we were "so close yet so far away", as we were only

300miles/500km apart, in two separate countries and neighbouring countries with a border in between us. And yet, we have to go through this painstaking, expensive, time-consuming, etc. process called "US Immigration"!

Oh the lengths one has to go through to "Live and Love Happily Ever After"...

Ant (Long distanced before, everlasting love after...)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Its my first poll :dance: hope it works right.

No way ! It's much too stressful and painful.I cannot stand dealing with these idiots at the USCIS and the embassy.If I had to do it all over again,I would just move back to Panama like I wanted to do in the first place !

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The problem with saying "for my husband, I would do it all over again" is that it wouldn't be for my husband. If I HAD to contemplate doing it again, it would be for someone else cause he and I split. There is no way in hell I would do it again for anyone else.

Looking back, would I still do it if I knew what I know now? For my husband, yes.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

yep, it was loads of fun.....and i think ill send Edi back to Romania so we can have all that fun again :)

for Edi id do it again yes.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
yep, it was loads of fun.....and i think ill send Edi back to Romania so we can have all that fun again :)

for Edi id do it again yes.

I'm glad it was fun for you because it's sheer torture for me. :crying:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE