• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

HAPPY HUMP DAY

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

You know, with Emily, my oldest, I took the full 12 weeks of maternity leave and cried when I left her at daycare that first day. She was fine, I was a wreck. I basically would call them 3 times/day. Once around 10, once at 1 and once at 4. That helped and sometimes they'd let me hear her babble away.

But........with Megan, my youngest (they're a little less than 12 months apart btw), I took 6 weeks and couldn't wait to sit in my office at work with a nice cup of coffee and be able to drink it while it was still hot!!! :lol: With two babies in diapers, one teething and one colicky, and two mini poodles I was STRESSED!!! I was, however, able to work parttime back then and I worked 3 ten hour days and took Mon and Fri off. That was nice because I felt like a normal mom taking the kids to the park, etc. That was shortlived though since my husband left me when the kids were around 2 and 3 years old and I had to go back to fulltime.

Nawal you will be ok. Just call a few times during the day and maybe webcam it since your hubby will be home with them. It is very hard though that first week.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Happy Wednesday! I love vacation!!!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel for ya, having to leave the little one. I was so lucky that until my son was eight months, my aunt that raised me kept him. So I didn't worry if he was being loved and cared for. But when I had to leave him at daycare, oh man, I cried the whole way to work. The preschool that he goes to is really great and they put up with me calling every day for almost a month just to check in on him. It's sad that some of us have no choice but to go back to work, but do your best not to put too much guilt on yourself. I make sure to spend special time with him at home each night, especially bedtime reading to make sure that we get some time in. Good luck.

HEY! Is anyone on here on Facebook? A co-worker just got me started on that yesterday and I thought I would try and hook up with some of the MENA people on there as well. Just PM me and I'll give you my info. :)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Tashas babys name is Malek, lol...we can call him Kamal tho :)

Oh dangit! Sorry!!!! 30 lashes with a wet noodle. I'm so embarassed.... :blush:

:dance::lol::rofl:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Tashas babys name is Malek, lol...we can call him Kamal tho :)

Oh dangit! Sorry!!!! 30 lashes with a wet noodle. I'm so embarassed.... :blush:

:dance::lol::rofl:

:rofl: Amal, you and your wet noodles. hehe

Timeline

Today is my late night at work (till 7pm) and all I wanna do is go home, put my jammies on, plop in a movie and eat Kraft mac n cheese. :crying:

Which reminds me........................does anyone else's mena man *insist* that you get into your jammies as soon as you get in the door? Last night we got home and I proceeded to get dinner started. I don't think we had been in the house more than like 3 minutes when he came up to me and said, "WHEN are you going to change into comfortable clothes???"

This happens ALL the time!!! Is it a mena thing or does my hubby just like being comfy? :unsure: I will admit that once I change into my galabaya (or whatever that long gown thing is called) I am in a MUCH better mood. :blush:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Today is my late night at work (till 7pm) and all I wanna do is go home, put my jammies on, plop in a movie and eat Kraft mac n cheese. :crying:

Which reminds me........................does anyone else's mena man *insist* that you get into your jammies as soon as you get in the door? Last night we got home and I proceeded to get dinner started. I don't think we had been in the house more than like 3 minutes when he came up to me and said, "WHEN are you going to change into comfortable clothes???"

This happens ALL the time!!! Is it a mena thing or does my hubby just like being comfy? :unsure: I will admit that once I change into my galabaya (or whatever that long gown thing is called) I am in a MUCH better mood. :blush:

I'm normally too busy to change when I get home, but yeah, hubby does change into his comfy jammies once he's home.

mine is a stickler about changing clothes once we get home. It's the first thing we do but my son hasn't gotten into the habit of doing that yet. Hubster tends to crab at my lil'man until he goes and changes. I don't see it as an issue..... If someone wants to stay in their clothes, fine, if not, fine .

It is just hubster that has the issue.... I thought he was the strangest person ever so I'm glad that u brought that up.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

This reminds me of my hubby - he wants me to change as soon as I get home as he doesn't want me to do any house work in my "work clothes". So, I do try to keep that in mind. Also, because it is Florida, I do actually like to come home, take a quick shower, and change into something appropriate to cook and relax in.

One other rule - no outside shoes in the house for the most part. Take them off and put on something for indoors.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.