Mrs.J06

Checking case status online

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I just tried both of the numbers I have for my application to do the case status online search.

Neither the one on the NOA1 nor the ASC application notice number works to check my status online. All I'm getting is the "search failed" error message about the case number not existing.

Does anybody have the same problem? :unsure:

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

If the case number on the biometrics letter doesn't work, then someone didn't enter it into the system. Keep trying that number. If you still don't get any notice then you can try calling the 800 idiot line.

Timeline

For a large number of us, if not most of us, the search does not work until after the biometrics appointment. I see from your timeline that you haven't been yet.

Use the case number from your NOA, but wait awhile after completing biometrics and see if it shows up then.

The wait for the case to show up online is pretty intense, but the intensity will fade away after you've been waiting a year with no action on that case - for Vermont SC processing anyway.

kenk3z

Filed: Timeline

Mrs.J06,

I noticed from your timeline on the CSC list that your biometrics appointment hasn't happened yet, or just happened recently. Most people's status update showed up as invalid until after their biometrics.

Me, on the other hand, I did my biometrics 2 weeks ago and still nada. I'm thinking of calling the 800 line in a couple of days if nothing shows up. If this means that they're actually spending time on the application rather than updating a simple case status thingy, I'm not too concerned, I'd rather they spent time on applications. I'm also in LA so they might be a bit too busy here to update the online system.

My only concern is that after biometrics they usually update the system with the first message CR-189 received (meaning fingerprints done and received), so hopefully my fingerprints weren't 'lost' or my background check or something hasn't gone awry.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks everybody. I'll certainly wait until after my biometrics before I do something, if at all.

Kenk3z - I feel for you. Hopefully you'll get approved soon!

Aussidude - I guess once my biometrics are done and still nothing for a couple weeks I'll call the info line. Hope you'll get your case into the system soon!

Who does put the case info in the system, the service center or the ASC? If it's the ASC, I think the one in St. Paul MN is also a fairly busy one, so that would be an explanation.

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.