shayrene

CASES sent back to NVC from Paris embassy

11 posts in this topic

After reading many posts about cases being sent back, I began to worry. I called NVC and they said my case had been sent to Paris on 4/21/06. I called the Paris embassy and was told that my case had been returned to NVC and that Packet 3 had not been sent out yet. She also told me that I am not unique, that all the cases sent to Paris at this time were being returned to NVC.

Now I am thinking what is going on at NVC. They didn't tell me any of this. I called the NVC again. She told me that she didn't know anything about my case being returned and that my case was not at NVC. She told me to send an email to nvcinquiry@state.gov. I received this response:

This is an automated reply. Please do not respond to this inquiry. We are currently processing inquiries in the order of receipt. Please allow 3-5 business days for a response.

Thank you for your patience.

National Visa Center

VJ: I will add my story to the thread on IMBRA. I have been the pillar of patience. I have been the rock in my relationship. It is starting to crumble now.

:(:unsure:

K-1 Journey

3/09/06 K-1 petition sent to Vermont

3/22/06 NOA1 received

4/17/06 NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/06 NVC received/ Sent to Paris

5/06 returned to NVC, je ne sais pas pour quoi

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

7/11/06 RFE received at VSC

8/18/06 NOA 2 Reapproved!!!!!!

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

11/29/06 Interview/ APPROVED!!!!!

12/05/06 US arrival JFK POE

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/20/07 SSN card received in mail

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/3/07 I-485 and I-765 sent

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/15/2007 EAD production of card

6/24/2007 EAD received

6/27/2007 AOS approved!!!!

7/2/2007 Green Card Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/14/07 Baby Arrives 7:44pm

11/03/07 "It's a Family Affair" wedding

I-751

4/28/09 mailed to Vermont

5/11/09 receipt letter, I-751 received by VSC

6/12/09 biometrics Baltimore

8/4/09 approval letter

8/11/09 email, card will be sent within 30 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I think you might want to try USCIS instead.... No one knows where is all the cases go now... The Embassy can't really tell, NVC got no idea, USCIS don't know what the additional information there needed from USC yet.... and they are recalling without having the process in place!!!! We are all being victim of the IMBRA.... Time is the precious thing that we are loosing up... needing to stay apart from our love one and not knowing what we can do except for waiting… and waiting…..

Wendy

Sheldon (US) & Wendy (Malaysia)

2003-April – Meet my fiancé at work place

2003-July – Engagement

2005-May - Appointed an Attorney to work on our K1 VISA

2005-Aug – Attorney mishandling our case, they told us will expedite our case

2006-02-16 to 2006-03-09 - With my fiancé in US for our new apartment move

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2006-03-09 - I-129F Sent to VSC

2006-03-13 - NOA1

2006-03-25 - NOA2

2006-03-27 - NVC Received

2006-03-29 - NVC Left

2006-04-10 - Sent email to Embassy for Packet 3, Consular advice Packet 3 has sent on 10 April

2006-04-21 - Received Packet 3!

2006-04-24 - Sent DS230 Part 1 and Checklist back to Embassy

2006-04-28 – Self collected Packet 4 at Embassy and make appointment for medical

2006-04-29 - Medical check-up

2006-05-11 - Interview Day!!!! - APPROVED!!!

2006-05-15 - Submitted my resignation from work

2006-05-17 - Got a call from Embassy, my visa issuance ON HOLD due to new law IMBRA, they are not able to issue my VISA!!!

2006-05-19 - Pick up my passport without VISA. No information as to when my VISA will be ready...

2006-05-22 - Embassy inform that our case has sent back to NVC via FedEx

2006-06-24 - Last day of my job after serving 1 month notice. (Manage to extend my last work day to 6/24)

~~~ Still don't know what they need from us...

2006-06-25 - USC's finace fly to Malaysia...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
After reading many posts about cases being sent back, I began to worry. I called NVC and they said my case had been sent to Paris on 4/21/06. I called the Paris embassy and was told that my case had been returned to NVC and that Packet 3 had not been sent out yet. She also told me that I am not unique, that all the cases sent to Paris at this time were being returned to NVC.

Now I am thinking what is going on at NVC. They didn't tell me any of this. I called the NVC again. She told me that she didn't know anything about my case being returned and that my case was not at NVC. She told me to send an email to nvcinquiry@state.gov. I received this response:

This is an automated reply. Please do not respond to this inquiry. We are currently processing inquiries in the order of receipt. Please allow 3-5 business days for a response.

National Visa Center

VJ: I will add my story to the thread on IMBRA. I have been the pillar of patience. I have been the rock in my relationship. It is starting to crumble now.

No no no -- please don't let your resolve wear away because of this! You love your fiance' and he loves you and despite this EXTREMELY aggravating and terrible hang-up, you guys will be together (hopefully asap!) I've often felt the same way though and I think so have many others in here -- but just think: if you give up now, it's like saying "You're right, we don't deserve to be together." Just hang in there *hug* and things will work out (F)

Give it until maybe Monday and then try calling again -- maybe the embassy sent it back to the NVC but it hasn't arrived there yet.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Visa Center

No no no -- please don't let your resolve wear away because of this! You love your fiance' and he loves you and despite this EXTREMELY aggravating and terrible hang-up, you guys will be together (hopefully asap!) I've often felt the same way though and I think so have many others in here -- but just think: if you give up now, it's like saying "You're right, we don't deserve to be together." Just hang in there *hug* and things will work out (F)

Give it until maybe Monday and then try calling again -- maybe the embassy sent it back to the NVC but it hasn't arrived there yet.

Good luck!

Oh no. I am not giving up. We have been together for 2 1/2 years. I just meant that I can't be the strong one in the relationship now. This all happened this morning. I spoke to my fiance last night and will wait until he gets off of work to tell him the bad news. I don't know if I can be the optimistic one now. Last year, he applied for a tourist visa and was denied. He has never met any of my family and only a few of my friends who came to Europe. Yet, I know his family and friends and have spent time with them in France and Belgium. He has no faith in our immigration process and hates going to the Paris embassy. He does not understand why it is so difficult to go to the US for legitimate reasons.

K-1 Journey

3/22/06 NOA1 received

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/24/2007 EAD received

I-751

8/4/09 approval letter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Shayrene and others: I am so sorry to hear about the delays connected to IMBRA. The process was hard enough before, and now this. When my fiance's and my case was in background checks at NVC for 250 days it was so tough, but it did all work out eventually. It will be over eventually, I have to presume.

February 3, 2005. Applied for K-1.

July 14, 2005. Email to NVC congressional unit

Nov 2, 2005. Letter to congressman

Nov 8, 2005. Letter from congressman

December 19, 2005. Visa interview in Moscow. (250 days at NVC)

January 27, 2006. POE: JFK.

April 8, 2006. Wedding in USA.

April 19, 2006. Apply for AOS.

July 12, 2006. AOS Interview.

February 26, 2008. Letter to congresswoman.

March 19, 2008. Conditional Permanent residence began!!

2009: Wake up and get on the uscis train again - lifting conditions

Dec 21, 2009. Eligible to apply to remove conditions

February 2010: 10-yr Green Card Received

Thanks chili74,

I spoke with USCIS Customer Service and they told me to go to my local office. I know that this is useless, but I made an INFOPASS appointment at my local CIS office for tomorrow to find out about my case. Since USCIS, NVC, and the embassy claim to not know anything about the return of my case, there is really nothing else I can do except wait. I will let you know what happens tomorrow. I can't do nothing, so I will do everything even if it is in vain.

K-1 Journey

3/22/06 NOA1 received

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/24/2007 EAD received

I-751

8/4/09 approval letter

Timeline
Oh no. I am not giving up. We have been together for 2 1/2 years. I just meant that I can't be the strong one in the relationship now. This all happened this morning. I spoke to my fiance last night and will wait until he gets off of work to tell him the bad news. I don't know if I can be the optimistic one now. Last year, he applied for a tourist visa and was denied. He has never met any of my family and only a few of my friends who came to Europe. Yet, I know his family and friends and have spent time with them in France and Belgium. He has no faith in our immigration process and hates going to the Paris embassy. He does not understand why it is so difficult to go to the US for legitimate reasons.

Ohhhh okay, good good! I misunderstood what you meant -- I'm glad you're not thinking of quitting. I can sympathize with how you're feeling -- my fiance' feels almost exactly the same way and is all but convinced that he may get turned away at the Naples consulate for being from Albania (even though he's in Italy legally). He applied for a tourist visa too and also got denied about a year and a half ago and it was a BAD experience (he applied in Florence -- everyone except the security guard acted like a complete a**hole -- his denial wasn't just "I'm sorry, we cannot grant you the visa" it was more like "Visa denied -- now get out of my sight and out of my consulate you filthy, un-American scum!" -- I went to the interview, so I heard it all and I wanted to punch someone for how they were acting towards him lol).

Question: is your fiance' a French citizen or is he a foreign citizen living in France legally the way mine is in Italy?

*sigh* good luck breaking the news to your fiance'! :( I know what you mean about having to be the optimistic, strong one regarding the visa and how difficult that can be sometimes when you feel like crappola.

AOS...

Ohhhh okay, good good! I misunderstood what you meant -- I'm glad you're not thinking of quitting. I can sympathize with how you're feeling -- my fiance' feels almost exactly the same way and is all but convinced that he may get turned away at the Naples consulate for being from Albania (even though he's in Italy legally). He applied for a tourist visa too and also got denied about a year and a half ago and it was a BAD experience (he applied in Florence -- everyone except the security guard acted like a complete a**hole -- his denial wasn't just "I'm sorry, we cannot grant you the visa" it was more like "Visa denied -- now get out of my sight and out of my consulate you filthy, un-American scum!" -- I went to the interview, so I heard it all and I wanted to punch someone for how they were acting towards him lol).

Question: is your fiance' a French citizen or is he a foreign citizen living in France legally the way mine is in Italy?

*sigh* good luck breaking the news to your fiance'! :( I know what you mean about having to be the optimistic, strong one regarding the visa and how difficult that can be sometimes when you feel like crappola.

We are in the same situation. My fiance has a European residency card, which gives him permission to live and work in France. He is originally from Togo. He never really thought seriously about becoming French until he met me and realized he couldn't visit me in the US. His tourist visa denial went similar to yours and they were not very customer service friendly to those seeking visas. I wasn't there, but he said no one talked and everyone looked petrified.

Anyway, I spoke to him last night and because I was calm, it calmed him down. So maybe I am still strong. :no: Well, I am off to my local CIS office to try to find out more. Thanks Karen_L

K-1 Journey

3/22/06 NOA1 received

7/6/06 IMBRA RFE

9/12/06 Packet 3 arrived

9/22/06 Packet 3 sent

10/28/06 Packet 4

AOS/EAD Journey

12/19/06 SSN applied for

1/23/07 Civil Ceremony

4/11/07 NOA1 received

6/24/2007 EAD received

I-751

8/4/09 approval letter

Timeline
We are in the same situation. My fiance has a European residency card, which gives him permission to live and work in France. He is originally from Togo. He never really thought seriously about becoming French until he met me and realized he couldn't visit me in the US. His tourist visa denial went similar to yours and they were not very customer service friendly to those seeking visas. I wasn't there, but he said no one talked and everyone looked petrified.

Anyway, I spoke to him last night and because I was calm, it calmed him down. So maybe I am still strong. :no: Well, I am off to my local CIS office to try to find out more. Thanks Karen_L

Hi Shayrene -- did you have any luck contacting someone today?

LOL -- everyone looked petrified when your fiance' went to his tourist interview? When we went for the ill-fated tourist visa interview, the first thing we were met with as we entered the consulate was this SCREAMING Italian girl (young, in her early 20's I'd say) telling everyone "TAKE OUT YOUR DOCUMENTS! SHOW ME YOUR DOCUMENTS! GET IN LINE! MOVE TO YOUR LEFT!" she yanked the application forms out of his hand, reviewed them, and then threw them back at him. It was like he was entering prison. And the funny thing is, she started talking that way to me because she didn't realize that I'm a USC at first but when the security guard told her that I'm a USC, she became SO NICE and kindly asked me to have a seat. She was bizarre :wacko: but she was fun to imitate after we left the consulate :lol:

I'm glad your fiance' took the news as well as someone could take such terrible news. And yeah, you're still strong -- you just had a moment of hopelessness is all!

AOS...

Hang in there Shayrene, hopefully once USCIS & NVC get their act together it will only add a few weeks to your waiting :luv:

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.