PlatyPius

White American (proud to be...)

368 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
There's plenty of days, months, etc. for Europeans, but it's been popular thusfar to just bash blacks and how we need a White History Month. :whistle:

There are months especially for Europeans? Maybe the cold ones.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
There's plenty of days, months, etc. for Europeans, but it's been popular thusfar to just bash blacks and how we need a White History Month. :whistle:

Do we need a month - when we have national European-derived traditions going back to the founding of this country?

Timeline

So then what exactly is your definition of a "European" culture?

Okay, we should all spend a month going on strike so we can all have 30 hour work weeks while we complain about how America has screwed up the world.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

02-July -04 NOA1

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

gee im white, american and a vet and proud of it

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We have Black History Month because in general there isn't a black cultural identity that can be traced back to a particular nation/s of origin. Its might be a crude way of doing it... but as we have no Zimbabwean or Kenyan pride celebrations - its the easy alternative.

I can't say that I feel particularly opressed or discriminated against for it existing... Can anyone?

Edited by Number 6

Timeline

Okay, we should all spend a month going on strike so we can all have 30 hour work weeks while we complain about how America has screwed up the world.

That will only work if there's McDonalds, AC's, bowflexes, ####### enlargement pills, an eat-a-3/4-pound-cheeseburger-on-your-couch diet/weight loss plan floating around.

Care to actually answer the question though? ;)

Edited by SRVT

Timeline

That will only work if there's McDonalds, AC's, bowflexes, ####### enlargement pills, an eat-a-3/4-pound-cheeseburger-on-your-couch diet/weight loss plan floating around.

Care to actually answer the question though? ;)

I don't have a definition of a "European" culture. Why do you ask?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

02-July -04 NOA1

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
We have Black History Month because in general there isn't a black cultural identity that can be traced back to a particular nation/s of origin. Its might be a crude way of doing it... but as we have no Zimbabwean or Kenyan pride celebrations - its the easy alternative.

I can't say that I feel particularly opressed or discriminated against for it existing... Can anyone?

'Round these parts we do! Well, maybe just Senegalese pride day, because there aren't terribly large populations of folks from other African countries in Pawtucket, except for Liberians. Three weekends ago it was Cape Verdean pride/independence day. Last weekend the Colombian festival. And in two weeks, the Greek festival. And all this in a small city of 70,000.

I wouldn't have it any other way, have never felt uncomfortable being white in this city, and certainly don't see the problem with any of these celebrations...nor do I feel persecuted for other cultures holding celebrations/educational opportunities about their traditions and roots.

I don't quite know what kinds of things that white people would celebrate on a white pride day...the closest thing I could think of might be the huge county fairs in Maine and Vermont (both mighty white states).

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

Filed: Timeline
But if you want to continue making yourself look like a prat by claiming to know more about me than I do, please be my guest. :lol:

You seldom mention anything about yourself. Even when you have the same arguments with others and they ask the same questions; which you never answer.

Therefore one can assume.

He's been pretty open about where he lives. You just don't pay attention.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

But if you want to continue making yourself look like a prat by claiming to know more about me than I do, please be my guest. :lol:

You seldom mention anything about yourself. Even when you have the same arguments with others and they ask the same questions; which you never answer.

Therefore one can assume.

He's been pretty open about where he lives. You just don't pay attention.

Where have you been? Try to keep up! :rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif