22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If it makes you feel any better (or worse) the same thing happened to me.... The date of the "blue letter" is July 28, 2008....I guess I will send seperate checks tomorrow. My check was made out for $625 as well for my wife and her daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm sure your letter was the same as mine. It said if you felt the decisions was in error to send your response with markings to a supervisor and something about an error. I did that yesterday. I wrote a letter trying to be as nice as possible even though I was p*&^%$.

I wrote on the letter that the instructions implied that they were smart people and that multiple checks were not necessary. I wrote and itemized list of what I was sending to them.

1. A new check for the fee to file the I751

2. A new check for the biometric fee for Wifes name

3. A new check for the biometric fee for the daughters name.

4. A new I 751

I sent them a copy of their own letter and a copy of the old I 751. I also added a new I 751 in case they wanted to whine about that.

I still get worked up about this. You know all those checks go to the same place. This is a horrible waste of their time and mine. Now this new package has to work it's way back through the system to get to the same idiot that can't even count money. Next time you turn around they will be in front of congress compalining about being overwhelmed, and overworked and wanting more fee increases to hire more idiots to screw things up even worse. If I was Congress I would contract out this whole department to a company that could replace stupid people and find more efficient ways to do business.

It's 2008 and they are still killing tons of trees each year passing papers around the world. How many times have you written exactly the same information of yet a different paper to send to them? I have seen pictures of them moving forms around on pallets with forklifts. This could all be done in a single data base by any entry level computer programmer.

Sorry about the venting. I really needed to get that off my chest. I have been wanting to write the same letter to them and my Congressman. I was always scared they would retaliate and cause problems for us.

If it makes you feel any better (or worse) the same thing happened to me.... The date of the "blue letter" is July 28, 2008....I guess I will send seperate checks tomorrow. My check was made out for $625 as well for my wife and her daughter

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Today I got the whole package back with a letter saying that they can't accept it without the right fee.

There was all kind of red pen writing on it. The check was stapled on it and had the numbers written on it that were on the NOA's that they sent. It was also stamped for deposit only on the back.

The letter said the fee was $465 plus $80 for each bio included with the application. The check was clearly written for $625. That was to cover Lucero, and Angelica. Unless have checked the math on every calculator in the house and the computer, as well as with Excel and my fingers and toes.

They obviously realized that Angelica was included on the application because they had corrected a typo in her A number. We had gotten 2 NOAs for this application. One had the amount at $625. We got another at the same time that had an amount of $545.

What did I do wrong?

I sent it all together in one check, and had no problem. Someone is obviously confused though. Not you!

In our case, the first NOA came back from Nebraska showing the entire amount. This was followed later by the NOA's for each child showing $80 each from California. While that doesn't exactly add up, it makes more sense that what they sent you. It's no wonder they can't get it right!

I'd contact them and raise H$%%. Good Luck.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have heard that it is okay to write one check for the ROC & biometrics (we just did and they cashed it); but if there are additional biometrics on there, you should seperate them out.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I have been watching the mail closely. Haven't gotten anything yet. This turned into an even worse ordeal. My stepdaughter was registering for a local college and they wanted to charge her out of state tuition because she had nothing to show that she was LPR. The green card was expired and she had no 797 to extend the residency. I wrote a letter trying to explain her status and how incompetent the USCIS was. They paid no attention to the letter until they reached the end where I had to threaten the people. They finally decided to let her have in state tuition if we will provide them with some documents when they come.

Have you heard anything since you resubmitted your checks and I751? Wondering what the outcome was/is since im in the same situation but approximately 3-5 days behind you.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.