casadv

After ! year of Admin. Processing, K-1 Petition sent back to USCIS for review

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My heart is broken! We filed our K-1 Fiance Visa Petition on 10.24.06, and got approved quickly, and then it went to Morocco, where the real nightmare began. After much ado, our case went into Administrative Processing for over a year, and at the end of that, we were told nothing except that our case was being sent back to the U.S. to USCIS for further review. It will be 2 years come October. My fiance has lost all hope, and when I saw that his good friend won the lottery visa, and now his green card in the last 6 months, I really don't see that there IS hope for us. Can anyone comment on our situation, any ideas, any hope? Has anyone gone through this process this long, and lived to see the visa? Please tell me what you think!

Very Sincerely,

Carol

Edited by casadv

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi everyone,

My heart is broken! We filed our K-1 Fiance Visa Petition on 10.24.06, and got approved quickly, and then it went to Morocco, where the real nightmare began. After much ado, our case went into Administrative Processing for over a year, and at the end of that, we were told nothing except that our case was being sent back to the U.S. to USCIS for further review. It will be 2 years come October. My fiance has lost all hope, and when I saw that his good friend won the lottery visa, and now his green card in the last 6 months, I really don't see that there IS hope for us. Can anyone comment on our situation, any ideas, any hope? Has anyone gone through this process this long, and lived to see the visa? Please tell me what you think!

Very Sincerely,

Carol

I'm very sorry. This is heartbreaking. Have you had a senator or representative involved with your case at all? You'll want to contact them now, quickly, especially if the file has not yet been returned to USCIS. As 77Maureen said, read through the pinned thread. It's long, but there's a lot of good information there. Have you been able to go back to visit your fiance at all since the summer of 2006?

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

seems there maybe other problems inolved here, do you know of ANY reason for the return, what do your reps say, a return is not that unusual for them but after a year is. I would just be gathering things again and refile. I know of one couple returned case, as soon as they knew it was back they refiled she got the notice formally it was returned and the noa1 near same time*. Later down the road they just put the two files together. Its either this or wait forever to hear back from them maybe 1-2 years because they dont get back on returns and calif will just let them expire but i think you will need to find out and address the reasons for this long delay if possible and not just refile with same thing again.

*to refile also was from advice of a well know lawyer

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have seen one case sent back to the USCIS after a lengthy AP. It wasn't Morocco, but it did happen. I suggest you get your reps on it now.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have seen one case sent back to the USCIS after a lengthy AP. It wasn't Morocco, but it did happen. I suggest you get your reps on it now.

It does seem odd that they sent the petition back AFTER AP. Usually if they send it back they do it right away after the interview. You have received good advice. You need to get into action quickly. Read the pinned thread, pm chiquita or kiya (I hope they still check in) and do as suggested with contacting the reps/senators. Don't waste a moment. Good luck to you.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

From what I've seen, if they send it back a year AFTER AP, then they usually have a really good reason for doing so. Make sure to talk to ur SO and ask if there is ANYTHING he can think of as to what may have made them send it back. DEF get ur reps involved, talk to some immig lawyers, congressman, senator...u name it, contact them. And do it NOW before that petition expires!

I wish you luck.

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

It seems it may have something to do with the expiration date on the original NOA2. Remember when the consulate was closed for all that time last year?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
It seems it may have something to do with the expiration date on the original NOA2. Remember when the consulate was closed for all that time last year?

If it's something that simple don't they have the discretion to extend it?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

If it's something that simple don't they have the discretion to extend it?

They do and that's why i am a bit confused as to eactly what happened. I do remember reading that the Consulate doesn;t automatically renew and sometimes you have to remind them to do so?

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Maybe this is true or maybe not

Ripley's believe it or not

According to the Ankara Turkey embassy after one year K-1 visas are automatically purged from the system. Our case was purged, in order to have an open case (probably due to the inquires from the senator and congressman) they had to assign a new case number. They just forgot to inform either me or my fiance of this because they, in their words, "did not have our address" (remember he had already interviewed once and returned a second time in addition to letters from me, phone calls from both of us, and emails from me). If it had not been for my congressman, Ron Lewis, KY, inquiring about our case, we would never have known his clearances were completed and he had a new interview scheduled as 1. The embassy never contacted us 2. The case was under a new number, which they never informed us of and 3. DOS (of course looking under the old case number) stated the clearances were still not complete.

If we had not happened to have received the reply from the congressman when we did (two weeks prior to the interview) he would have missed it as we had no knowledge of it and the case would have been returned.

'

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

perhaps this is a starting point for you, maybe call the embassy and ask them exactly why the case was returned, contact your rep and have them inquire, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello

My k-1 fiance petition has been in and out of AP for 2yrs plus 2 months. The Indian consulate has my Fiance's passport since Oct 07. I emailed the consulate 2 weeks ago. and they said they are still waiting for the check to be completed.

I had used the help congressman last year, they got the same response I did AP. My fiance was being issued the visa in Oct 07. They had called him to send passport. He sent the passport but then his name got kicked back into the system and now his 5th check is still pending.

Do I need to do anything or do I just wait it out. Reason for delay as per consulate is "common Name".

Thanks for help.

nouri

Timeline

doesn't hurt or cost anything to have your rep see if they can get info. Give it a try. I don't know if mine was just coincidence or not but the 2nd time she sent an inquiry, he got a call within a week.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.