yppgina

Birth Abroad Question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm Canadian hubby is American so of course we are going tomorrow morning to the US consulate here in Vancouver to record our youngest's birth here and obtain his US citizenship.

We have all the necessary documentation except our Marriage Cert. Apparently we've filed it somewhere and for the life of us we can't find it. We have a certified copy of the registration and we have a copy of the certificate, but the original has gone AWOL.

Is this going to be a big issue?

How do parents who are not married manage to fulfill this requirement?

I can't imagine the US gov doing DNA testing when both parents are present O.o I mean I'm sure they can varify by his birth certificate and our ID that we are the parents no?

Lol - Yes, you a right. Perhaps it is past my bed time and I shouldn't post! DNA testing is reserved for those cases where the documentation falls short.

I can't imagine the US gov doing DNA testing when both parents are present O.o I mean I'm sure they can varify by his birth certificate and our ID that we are the parents no?

It's up to the CO whether you have to have DNA testing. Friend of mine [K1] just went thru CRBA in the Philippines without having to do DNA test.

Parents names that are on the BC aren't always guaranteed to be the biological parents tho.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We have a certified copy of the registration

You can get certified copies in Canada? I am moving to Canada. Well maybe not, the journey is just about over, but never in my history as a natural born USC had I needed to provide so much personal and financial information. Say the army runs on paperwork, infinitesimal compared to the USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.