~Jackie~

MENA CR1/K3/K1 filers

3,107 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
:dance: for touches

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
That is great!! I also got a touch today!!!!! and its not from calling yesterday, that showed up early this am, and them this pm it changed to todays date. Hang on girl, something is coming for us!!!

Beth hon....InshaAllah something soon for you. Glad to hear that things sounds like they are coming along. Prayers going out to you....Hugs!

Sharifah

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

That is great!! I also got a touch today!!!!! and its not from calling yesterday, that showed up early this am, and them this pm it changed to todays date. Hang on girl, something is coming for us!!!

Beth hon....InshaAllah something soon for you. Glad to hear that things sounds like they are coming along. Prayers going out to you....Hugs!

Sharifah

Thank you ladies, all of you's. Come on Sharifah, lets you and I get approvals this week, so we can dance all weekend for joy!!! :dance:

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Praying for approvals for both of you, Beth & Sharifah...inshallah you will get good news before the week is up! :thumbs:

Thanks girls, although I don't think it's my time yet. There are still March, April and then finally May folks will be up to bat. Anyhow it's all in God's hands....I trust in that :yes: Again thanks though and praying for you Beth, hugs to all!!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
well, it looks like maybe no visa after all. ahmed called dhl and they said that his passport is still inside the embassy, that that message "Departed Facility" doesn't mean anything, it's just an update that they do. :( So disappointing.

Amy...my hubby's visa said the same thing on Aramex...it said "picked up" like 2 minutes after he left the embassy for his interview. I called Aramex and they told me it was still at the embassy...they had just entered the airbill so you can have the tracking number when they actually send it. It took about 5 days to get to us...after 2 days the status changed. Good luck to you!

Ok...update on the job situation. I had a meeting with HR a few minutes ago and expressed my concern with how I feel discriminated against...etc. Her response was "oh we are a private company and we reserve the right to allow who we want into the building...what you said was inflammatory whether they told exactly what you said or not, it still caused an issue. Being married to who you are married to, you know that you will face these kinds of obstacles. It is better that you socialize outside of work with co-workers and not mention any personal things at work. I understand that it seems unfair, but really it is a one time thing that is in your file about your behavior, not about who you are married to. If this incident wouldn't have happened I am sure it would have been ok to bring your husband in to work to meet everyone."

Being married to who I am married to? Come again?? Really? I am pissed beyond words right now. I, an American Christian woman, went to the middle east and got a much warmer, open, loving reception. I feel more loved in the middle east than I do in my own country. I mean really?? Tonight begins the serious search for another job.

after you have hopefully found another job...i would find a lawyer and talk about options you can pursue regarding the above. that's absolutely disgusting behavior. you can argue that you felt so uncomfortable being there after having had that discussion with HR that you felt forced to leave....sorry to hear that...nice sick little world we live in nowadays :(

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

well, it looks like maybe no visa after all. ahmed called dhl and they said that his passport is still inside the embassy, that that message "Departed Facility" doesn't mean anything, it's just an update that they do. :( So disappointing.

Amy...my hubby's visa said the same thing on Aramex...it said "picked up" like 2 minutes after he left the embassy for his interview. I called Aramex and they told me it was still at the embassy...they had just entered the airbill so you can have the tracking number when they actually send it. It took about 5 days to get to us...after 2 days the status changed. Good luck to you!

Ok...update on the job situation. I had a meeting with HR a few minutes ago and expressed my concern with how I feel discriminated against...etc. Her response was "oh we are a private company and we reserve the right to allow who we want into the building...what you said was inflammatory whether they told exactly what you said or not, it still caused an issue. Being married to who you are married to, you know that you will face these kinds of obstacles. It is better that you socialize outside of work with co-workers and not mention any personal things at work. I understand that it seems unfair, but really it is a one time thing that is in your file about your behavior, not about who you are married to. If this incident wouldn't have happened I am sure it would have been ok to bring your husband in to work to meet everyone."

Being married to who I am married to? Come again?? Really? I am pissed beyond words right now. I, an American Christian woman, went to the middle east and got a much warmer, open, loving reception. I feel more loved in the middle east than I do in my own country. I mean really?? Tonight begins the serious search for another job.

after you have hopefully found another job...i would find a lawyer and talk about options you can pursue regarding the above. that's absolutely disgusting behavior. you can argue that you felt so uncomfortable being there after having had that discussion with HR that you felt forced to leave....sorry to hear that...nice sick little world we live in nowadays :(

Good morning all, Jackie!! another day closer till your love comes home to you!!! Amanda, how are you Hon? Stay strong Dearest, Lisa, girlie, what you up too? all the rest, I wish all of you's a good, peaceful day, Friday is almost here, wishing good news to all who is on the waiting couch.

We all understand each other here, not like at work, or even some own family members. Im grateful for all here on this forum. You all are my strength in this un-knowing, mental roller-coaster with USCIS. Thank you!!!

Truly happy!!!

Timeline
Good morning all, Jackie!! another day closer till your love comes home to you!!! Amanda, how are you Hon? Stay strong Dearest, Lisa, girlie, what you up too? all the rest, I wish all of you's a good, peaceful day, Friday is almost here, wishing good news to all who is on the waiting couch.

We all understand each other here, not like at work, or even some own family members. Im grateful for all here on this forum. You all are my strength in this un-knowing, mental roller-coaster with USCIS. Thank you!!!

Hey Beth :)

I saw your name as last poster and I honestly got butterflies thinking that it might be a "APPROVED!" post. I'll see that very soon I know ;)

Nothing too exciting here, Josh is starting kindergarten in a few weeks. Thats the only news...my baby is growing up and soon he'll be asking me for the keys to the car :P

(L)

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Great Amanda! Good luck for you both on finding a new job :D

Thanks!

I saw your name as last poster and I honestly got butterflies thinking that it might be a "APPROVED!" post. I'll see that very soon I know ;)

Nothing too exciting here, Josh is starting kindergarten in a few weeks. Thats the only news...my baby is growing up and soon he'll be asking me for the keys to the car :P

(L)

Lisa, that sounds lovely, family your so lucky!!!!! I long to be with my family again one day and have a life!! Big Hugs ((((())))

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

(L)

Lisa, that sounds lovely, family your so lucky!!!!! I long to be with my family again one day and have a life!! Big Hugs ((((())))

You will, and I hope and pray its soon and even sooner than you think.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wrote the embassy last week to inquire about the AP, and at that time they responded, telling me he's still in AP, and they would send a 'gentle reminder' to the CO to finish it up. I replied to that email with this message:

Thank you very much for your help. Would it be beneficial to our case if we stopped by the Embassy to inquire about the status in person while my daughter and I are in Cairo?

so I get to Cairo, check my email, and this is what I find in my inbox:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail message.

Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate your request however, please note that Mr. Ahmed should send his passport to our office for the visa issuance.

Regards,

Consular Staff

ES

----

The last part (bolded) confuses me. Are they telling me that when his AP is finished, that I should then have him send his passport for issuance? Because they already have his passport, they kept it when he interviewed. Of course I didn't get that email until after they had closed and now it's the weekend... bah.

I wrote the embassy last week to inquire about the AP, and at that time they responded, telling me he's still in AP, and they would send a 'gentle reminder' to the CO to finish it up. I replied to that email with this message:

Thank you very much for your help. Would it be beneficial to our case if we stopped by the Embassy to inquire about the status in person while my daughter and I are in Cairo?

so I get to Cairo, check my email, and this is what I find in my inbox:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail message.

Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate your request however, please note that Mr. Ahmed should send his passport to our office for the visa issuance.

Regards,

Consular Staff

ES

----

The last part (bolded) confuses me. Are they telling me that when his AP is finished, that I should then have him send his passport for issuance? Because they already have his passport, they kept it when he interviewed. Of course I didn't get that email until after they had closed and now it's the weekend... bah.

That last bold part sounds promising!!!!!!! I pray it means just that, AP finished. Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.