beacher

moved south - where to send i751 - VSC or TSC?

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Just stumbled on this website, and so grateful for all the posts I'm seeing.

Here's my issue: I'm a US citizen. We lived in New York and a lawyer filed for my husband's green card (I'm assuming at the VSC). Now we moved to South Carolina whose service center is the Texas Service Center. I'm filing my husband's i751 and I thought to mail it to the Texas Service Center. Suddenly I'm seeing a lot of posts here that advise sending to the Vermont Service Center.

Where to send?

Also, I'm reading about the importance of proper organization. Any specific things I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
If you live in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee or Texas, mail your petition to:

USCIS Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 850965,

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

You did file AR-11 AND I-865 when you moved, did you?

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
If you live in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee or Texas, mail your petition to:

USCIS Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 850965,

Mesquite, TX 75185-0965

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-751instr.pdf

You did file AR-11 AND I-865 when you moved, did you?

The instructions are not up-to date!

See the following memo, dated 5/23. Petitions that would have been sent to TSC should now be sent directly to VSC.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will soon be revising the filing instructions for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) to require filing at the California or Vermont Service Centers, where all Forms I-751 are currently adjudicated. The adjudication functions for these petitions have already been assigned to these locations in anticipation of this change. Therefore, all petitioners filing a Form I-751 are requested to file the petition with the California or Vermont Service Centers, depending on the state in which they reside.

Form I-751 is used by individuals who were granted conditional residential status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident and who desire to petition USCIS to remove the conditions on their residence.

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their Form I-751 with the California Service Center (CSC): Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. The mailing address for CSC is:

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, California 92607-0751

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their form I-751 with the Vermont Service Center (VSC): Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia. The mailing address for VSC is:

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

Petitions filed with the Nebraska or Texas Service Centers after this announcement but prior to a change in the form instructions will be forwarded to the California or Vermont Service Centers, respectively, without any need for action by the petitioner. However, there could be a slight delay in the adjudication of the petition as a result of the transfer; so, petitioners are encouraged to file directly with the appropriate service center as outlined above. If a petitioner receives a receipt notice from the Nebraska or Texas Service Center, his or her case will be transferred to the California or Vermont Service Center for adjudication. The petitioner should receive a notice advising him or her that the case has been transferred.

Timeline
thanks so much for your help. will address it to the VSC.

I filed the ar11, but didnt hear anything about the i865. What do I do now?

Your spouse should be your sponsor (The person who provided I-864 for AOS) they need to report theirt change of address too.

File it now. This is very often overlooked.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline
and i send this i865 to the VSC?

If your new address is in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida,

Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico,

North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee or

Texas, mail the notice to:

USCIS - Texas Service Center

P.O. Box 851804

Mesquite, TX. 75185-1804

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-865.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.