matchbox

Thyroid problem

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

We have a concern, my fiance has this thyroid problem. At first it was a really minimal problem but she decided to check it out with the doctor if it is normal or what. And they did a blood test on her showing normal values except a little bit high on the thyroid hormone level. So the doctor prescribed her a drug to take everyday and to go back in a month..So when she went back her thyroid hormone level is now low and shows the thyroid grew a little bit, so it was a big concern that the doctor told her that she needed surgery. My fiance is really scared and she doesn't really want to have a surgery because she felt it would make her feel ugly. So she decided to go to another hospital and different doctor who really specializes on thyroid problem, and the doctor told her that she was fine that she doesn't needed the surgery. He said to stop taking the medication because it is what causing her thyroid to be higher and lower and making it more complicated. He told her that the doctor should have never even prescribed her a medication with just one test showing one little abnormal values of TH. We were so upset about that, I felt like suing the doctor and the hospital but my fiance didn't wanted to do it even if she was very upset about it. She just didn't want to spend money and waste time over it. She is just happy that she went to a different doctor and won't be needing a surgery. The doctor tells her she might be Eurothyroid, and just need to have a healthy diet and stop taking any medication that would upset the thyroid level and then have a blood test again to check her levels.

My question is, if she take the medical exam in St.Lukes, would that be a problem for her if she does have a thyroid problem and shows abnormal level. Will she be denied? Would it be fixable such maybe treating her and then take the medical exam and then can she passed? So with her having thyroid problem i guess it is best that she take the medical exam before the interview date, am I right? Were just so worried about this. I'm hoping it's no problem.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

that thyroid prob is not that uncommon i would just moniter it regularly so it doesnt become a prob, i to take a pill for it, but i would wonder why (if needed) someone would question a necessary surgery so as (to not look pretty)

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

We have a concern, my fiance has this thyroid problem. At first it was a really minimal problem but she decided to check it out with the doctor if it is normal or what. And they did a blood test on her showing normal values except a little bit high on the thyroid hormone level. So the doctor prescribed her a drug to take everyday and to go back in a month..So when she went back her thyroid hormone level is now low and shows the thyroid grew a little bit, so it was a big concern that the doctor told her that she needed surgery. My fiance is really scared and she doesn't really want to have a surgery because she felt it would make her feel ugly. So she decided to go to another hospital and different doctor who really specializes on thyroid problem, and the doctor told her that she was fine that she doesn't needed the surgery. He said to stop taking the medication because it is what causing her thyroid to be higher and lower and making it more complicated. He told her that the doctor should have never even prescribed her a medication with just one test showing one little abnormal values of TH. We were so upset about that, I felt like suing the doctor and the hospital but my fiance didn't wanted to do it even if she was very upset about it. She just didn't want to spend money and waste time over it. She is just happy that she went to a different doctor and won't be needing a surgery. The doctor tells her she might be Eurothyroid, and just need to have a healthy diet and stop taking any medication that would upset the thyroid level and then have a blood test again to check her levels.

My question is, if she take the medical exam in St.Lukes, would that be a problem for her if she does have a thyroid problem and shows abnormal level. Will she be denied? Would it be fixable such maybe treating her and then take the medical exam and then can she passed? So with her having thyroid problem i guess it is best that she take the medical exam before the interview date, am I right? Were just so worried about this. I'm hoping it's no problem.

i don't think u will have a problem with that, as far as i know the important is if she have TB and HIV only... but to make it sure as soon as u have ur appointment would be better for her to take early med... Good Luck and God Bless !!!

our timeline:

=o= PROCESSING =O=

06-Jul-07 ----- sent I-129F

16-Jul-07 ----- NOA1

21-Nov-07 ----- NOA2

27-Dec-07 ----- NVC sent file to USEM

16-Jan-08 ----- mailed packet 4

28-Jan-08 ----- recvd packet 4

03-Mar-08 ----- medical date (planning to go earlier probably 2nd wk of Feb)

13-Feb-08 ----- thanks God im done with my medical exam taken Feb 12 & released Feb13

very smooth processing God is Good All the Time

10-Mar-08 ----- interview date there's no big deal in USEM especially if u'r with ur fiance

25-Mar-08 ----- visa on hand (Thank you Lord)

=o= USA =o=

09-Apr-08 ----- arrived in the USA(POE Minn/st pl) thanks God i made it by myself. God is Good All the Time

25-May-08 ----- OUR BIG DAY!!! (1yr after engaged)

05-Jun-08 ------ got SSN

25-Jun-08 ------ got driver's permit

08-Oct-08 ------ passed the road test... yeyyyy i can drive alone now... thank you Lord

=o= AOS =o=

26-Jun-08 ------ Filed/Sent AOS

03-Jul-08 ------ Received Biometric appointment

23-Jul-08 ------ Biometric appointment date

12-Sep-08 ----- Got mah GC

I-129f was approved in 141 days from your filing date.

AS LONG AS IT IS NOT A COMMUNICABLE DISEASE IT WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM.

I AGREE WITH THE PREVIOUS REPLIES, HIV AND TB ARE U.S.A. MAIN CONCERN. ALSO, I THINK TO TRACE THYROID PROBLEM IT NEEDS A SPECIAL TEST THAT I THINK SLEC IS NOT TAKING.

I HAVE AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE BUT IT NEVER BECAME A PROBLEM.

TELL YOUR SWEETHEART THAT SHE SHOULD TAKE LOTS OF VITAMIN C PRIOR TO THE TEST, I REALLY THINK IT WILL HELP A LOT.

GOD BLESS!!!! :star::star::star::star::star::star:

Hi,

Filed: Timeline

Hi thank you all for the replies, that feels much better knowing it is not rili a concern for her having a thyroid problem.

She doesn't want to have a surgery for many reasons. Surgery is too expensive and we don't have money to pay for that, second she watch a video of the thyroid surgery on youtube and it scared her, third she doesn't want to have a big scar on her neck, and last is that she really doesnt want surgery, it would be her last option if possible, that is why she went to different hospital for a different doctor and ask for another opinion about her thyroid problem. I pray God that she gets well and in good health.

Thanks Again!

God Bless!

Make sure she keeps an eye on that TSH level in the future with blood tests....my TSH was not that much over the "norm" but I became quite ill after a while, the medication has improved my health greatly. Surgery is very much a last resort. It won't cause any issue with her visa application.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
that thyroid prob is not that uncommon i would just moniter it regularly so it doesnt become a prob, i to take a pill for it, but i would wonder why (if needed) someone would question a necessary surgery so as (to not look pretty)

I too am Hypothyroid. That means that my TH (thyroid) hormone levels are low. I take a pill for it. The surgery sounds like they are talking about the goiters. That is a common thing for people with thyroid problems and that is when the gland is bigger. The neck is where the thyroid is located. You may already know that, but I wanted to say that just in case since you were wondering what kind of surgery they might be referring to. I didn't have to have surgery either.

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Hi,

hi.. i got aminor thyroid prob.. but i passed the medical exam.. :blush:

im sure she'll be fine too.. :thumbs:

"i don't know much about love but i know that i love him.."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.