frali

Does age matter for parents?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Never heard of that.

Note a US citizen cannot file for "In-Laws", your profile shows CR-1/IR-1 so I assume you may still have green-card, and have not naturalized.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=49373 (how about doing one to give us a better understanding of immigrations status)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

USC's have priority for Parents, age irrelevant.

Begs the question of how anybody elderly could afford to move to the US, but a seperate issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was thinking the same thing as Boilre. Parents of US citizens have priority but it's a good thing to be prepared as far as health insurance coverage goes.

Other than that, no matter how old they are, they're good to go.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
I was thinking the same thing as Boilre. Parents of US citizens have priority but it's a good thing to be prepared as far as health insurance coverage goes.

Other than that, no matter how old they are, they're good to go.

Diana

Note: Only US citizens can petition for parents, and they are IR-Visas so like a spouse they get same priority under the Un-Limited class, An LPR cannot file for a parent, so parents are never classified as Limited (Visa Number) class.

And where does the OP say it's a petition for in-laws?
OP's profile tends to make me think that they are still LPR (Green-Card) holder and are asking about filing a petition for parents, LPR cannot, and US Citizen Spouse also cannot file I-130 either.

Only way to really know all the facts are if OP updated profile to show Naturalization, AND/OR they post a timeline.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=49373

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.