Thewhites

Next steps minus Hubby

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good news and.... confusing news..

Our K-1 application has been approved and my packet is in the mail concerning the interview and whatnot. We will cutting it close to all of this marriage stuf fbeing complete before he's deployed later in the year and I just have a question concerning the after math.

I will be in the states until i get my greencard at least and when filing for the AOS, greencard and everything that goes with it.. will it be difficult since my hubby won't be there with me? Or is all that stuff doable while he's away??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

It might be difficult for the documents he needs to sign. Maybe make sure they are signed and ready to go before he goes?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's all doable; but you are going to have to know where to get information from him. If I were you, I would work on that ASAP, while he is around. Then, when you are ready to mail, you can do that.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'd have him do everything that he needs to do/sign before he leaves.

You are aware that it is sometimes possible to expedite these stages of the process because your SO is being deployed? Just thought i'd throw that out there. ;)

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
It's all doable; but you are going to have to know where to get information from him. If I were you, I would work on that ASAP, while he is around. Then, when you are ready to mail, you can do that.

:yes: I agree, you can do it.

I'd have him do everything that he needs to do/sign before he leaves.

You are aware that it is sometimes possible to expedite these stages of the process because your SO is being deployed? Just thought i'd throw that out there. ;)

The expedite process is no longer useful in this case as they have been approved already. The only part that can be expedite is the USCIS part, and that part has been already completed. The interview at the embassy and the approval of the visa will follow the regular process.

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Over the last year I have seen a couple of people expedited at each stage. USCIS... NVC (i know not much to expedite there but this was when CSC was taking months to get to NVC) ...and the Embassy interview was quicker as well. A new request must be submitted at each point.. that was the only stipulation. One was military deployment and one was stage 4 diagnosed petitioner.

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the info. We did have our first application expedited and Montreal is aware of our situation. I guess I will need to delve into the steps AFTER the marriage and get that stuff signed by him before he goes. I've been so overwhlemed with this and moving and stuff I havn't jumped too far ahead in the planning. Montreal knows when he's leaving and whatnot.. so hopefully that helps.. ug!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.