nunyab

me thinks there are posers in MENA

154 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
well.... I've had couple of men PM me about "helping" them.... they say they are muslim but when I talk to them they don't act like it. They actually seem as if they're shopping.....

I don't want to say names in case I am wrong but .... strange. I even had my husband talk to them and all he will tell me is never respond back to them for ANY reason.

Just wondering...

Ahhh...rings a bell...there is simply one male (hint hint) that has done this to several members....just block them :devil:

:yes:

hmm... sounds shady. I've seen a few situations that raise my eyebrow. Ultimately that is their business. I have a friend I met on my flight back from Morocco in September 07. She was in Morocco visiting her fiance. When she told me about him I was a little skeptical about their relationship. For example: She paid for EVERYTHING when she was there. Religiously and culturally speaking I'm pretty sure than man should be doing that. She paid for her own plane ticket, her food, her ring, her everything. Plus he claimed to be a good Muslim (and didn't even pray which is a big deal). He seemed to be using her. I wasn't about to judge (because I didn't know the guy).

She began getting all of her forms together for her I-129F and sent him her fathers watch as a gift to him (her father committed suicide by the way. So it was very dear to her heart). I December she found out from him that he had been not only SEEING another girl but SLEEPING with her as well! My friend was heart broken. She found it hard to let go of him. It took her 4 months to completely break it off with him. Then recently she was IMed by another woman. This woman was engaged to my friends ex fiance! The weird part was, she wasn't the girl he was originally cheating with in December, but she was engaged to him at that time. And this woman also paid for her own plane ticket and her own accomidations while she was there. Then, whie she was there she did some detective work, found out about my friend, and a handfull of other girls this man has been talking to! She found saved conversations where he said goodbye to my friend, logged off, logged onto a different name and began talking to this othr woman!

I was so disturbed by this news. But THANK GOD for all of this hitting the fan. If it didn't, my friend would be in a terrible position right now with a man that does NOT deserve a woman like her. I think the woman are going to report him somehow. He seems like he's just out to get a greencard.

I pray that all of you have good men (and women) that love you. I pra that all of you spend the rest of your lives with them and have a happy life. No one deserves to be treated like my friend was.

all the best,

Michelle

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
hmm... sounds shady. I've seen a few situations that raise my eyebrow. Ultimately that is their business. I have a friend I met on my flight back from Morocco in September 07. She was in Morocco visiting her fiance. When she told me about him I was a little skeptical about their relationship. For example: She paid for EVERYTHING when she was there. Religiously and culturally speaking I'm pretty sure than man should be doing that. She paid for her own plane ticket, her food, her ring, her everything. Plus he claimed to be a good Muslim (and didn't even pray which is a big deal). He seemed to be using her. I wasn't about to judge (because I didn't know the guy).

She began getting all of her forms together for her I-129F and sent him her fathers watch as a gift to him (her father committed suicide by the way. So it was very dear to her heart). I December she found out from him that he had been not only SEEING another girl but SLEEPING with her as well! My friend was heart broken. She found it hard to let go of him. It took her 4 months to completely break it off with him. Then recently she was IMed by another woman. This woman was engaged to my friends ex fiance! The weird part was, she wasn't the girl he was originally cheating with in December, but she was engaged to him at that time. And this woman also paid for her own plane ticket and her own accomidations while she was there. Then, whie she was there she did some detective work, found out about my friend, and a handfull of other girls this man has been talking to! She found saved conversations where he said goodbye to my friend, logged off, logged onto a different name and began talking to this othr woman!

I was so disturbed by this news. But THANK GOD for all of this hitting the fan. If it didn't, my friend would be in a terrible position right now with a man that does NOT deserve a woman like her. I think the woman are going to report him somehow. He seems like he's just out to get a greencard.

I pray that all of you have good men (and women) that love you. I pra that all of you spend the rest of your lives with them and have a happy life. No one deserves to be treated like my friend was.

all the best,

Michelle

This sounds all too familiar to someone I know from this site. He was physically, mentally, & emotionally abusive to her in Morocco and my husband assisted in her escape. I was very saddened to find out she continued w/ the petition and he is actually here now and they are married. :blink: To each his own, though. People have to make these decisions for themselves no matter how stupid anyone else thinks it is. I pray for their safety. (F)

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It happens. My husband had a friend that was talking to several women online, and was sending him money. One girl actually was sending him money that he used to entertain another woman that he had here visiting him. Then a third woman came into the picture and she was sending him money while he was planning to marry the woman that came for a visit. He decided to break off the relationship with her so he wouldn't be found out by saying he was dying. What an A hole!

That same woman found out the truth and found another man in Morocco (that my husband also knows). He begged her to take her time and get to know him before she committed her heart again. He knew he was still frequenting a dating website after they had decided to marry, so he suggested that she bait him. She chose not to listen, flew to Morocco and married him. Now the word in Morocco is that he has been seen around drunk and with "specific kinds" of women, if you catch my drift. My husband feels he is to blame, but I told him not to feel guilty. He tried to help her, but if she won't listen there isn't anything more he can do.

Lets just say that my husband has learned alot about his so called friends, and has cut off most of his contact with them.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Years ago, I knew of a man who was talking to several women online, keeping them unaware of each other. To those not in his sights, he was pretty open about the fact that he was waiting for the first one who came through with the papers. Last I heard, he'd gotten the visa and was in the U.S., accusing his wife of abuse. What a surprise. Of course, maybe she really was abusive. There are plenty of users in every country, including this one, and everyone here has probably run into at least one or two, even on VJ. :wacko:

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Timeline

Any one in mind?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

divorced and still around? do we know they are divorced?

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

Not sure, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Filed: Timeline
will do Jenn... I made the mistake of giving one of them my IM address for his fiance to talk to me about Islam.... she's never been around it's always him....... but just wondered if it was just me..... lol

There are members that have either been BANNED or divorced that pm trying to wreak havoc.

No, you are NOT imagining things.

Filed: Timeline
It happens. My husband had a friend that was talking to several women online, and was sending him money. One girl actually was sending him money that he used to entertain another woman that he had here visiting him. Then a third woman came into the picture and she was sending him money while he was planning to marry the woman that came for a visit. He decided to break off the relationship with her so he wouldn't be found out by saying he was dying. What an A hole!

That same woman found out the truth and found another man in Morocco (that my husband also knows). He begged her to take her time and get to know him before she committed her heart again. He knew he was still frequenting a dating website after they had decided to marry, so he suggested that she bait him. She chose not to listen, flew to Morocco and married him. Now the word in Morocco is that he has been seen around drunk and with "specific kinds" of women, if you catch my drift. My husband feels he is to blame, but I told him not to feel guilty. He tried to help her, but if she won't listen there isn't anything more he can do.

Lets just say that my husband has learned alot about his so called friends, and has cut off most of his contact with them.

The problem is that when you try to tell people anything, sometimes they turn it around on you ,either by telling their spouse etc , then you end up in a mess. There was a 48 year old woman here in Orlando who has married 3 Moroccans that she has all given papers to and they have all left her and she still doesnt get it. When someone is in trouble they rarely listen to advice. INCLUDE ME IN THE DUMB ### CATAGORY please

Timeline

The problem is that when you try to tell people anything, sometimes they turn it around on you ,either by telling their spouse etc , then you end up in a mess. There was a 48 year old woman here in Orlando who has married 3 Moroccans that she has all given papers to and they have all left her and she still doesnt get it. When someone is in trouble they rarely listen to advice. INCLUDE ME IN THE DUMB ### CATAGORY please

every one has been there at one time

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline

There may be times that everyone else can see what is going on but you, but there are times that no one saw it coming. The point is that it does no good to blame yourself, it is the user and abuser that is to blame. All we can do is to take the lesson learned and not allow it again.

Timeline

my husband has an account here but rarely uses it... I feel comfortable knowing my man is good not perfect but good. Hamdolah The other's often cause us to question our men and their motivations. I know Morocco isn't paradise and is very difficult to get out of but it's the bad apples that ruin it for the good ones in the barrel.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.