Tess79

How long between interview and oath

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
On average, how much time is there between the interview and the oath? What is the longest it could take?

Filed N-400 on 3/30 Interview on 7/15 received oath letter 7/25 oath to be held 8/22 fastest we have ever seen USCIS move. Must want these new voters to participate in the upcoming election.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On average, how much time is there between the interview and the oath? What is the longest it could take?

Filed N-400 on 3/30 Interview on 7/15 received oath letter 7/25 oath to be held 8/22 fastest we have ever seen USCIS move. Must want these new voters to participate in the upcoming election.

Very close dates to us, filed N-400 on 3/31/2008, interview on 7/17/2008 but did not receive the oath letter yet, maybe today or Monday?

Where is your oath going to be held? Field Office or district court? I do not feel they would rent the Vikings football stadium for us, but if they do, may make us take an additional oath that we will be Viking rather than Packer fans. We are with Nebraska and St. Paul, suspense is killing me, but the price of gas came down a dime a gallon.

We would also like to plan a vacation, but for some reason, the USCIS comes first in our lives.

Filed: Timeline
6 weeks for us

Our case wasn't touched today, come to think about it, it wasn't touched yesterday either, really in deep hard thought, it was never touched.

Did anyone ever try to send in an AR-11 to change their present address to their present address to get some attention?

What about walking back and forth in front of your field office carrying a sign asking why the USCIS is so slow? Maybe a TV van will come by and put it on the news, they have nothing else to talk about so just speculate.

Did anyone ever try to send in an AR-11 to change their present address to their present address to get some attention?

yes nickD i have thought about it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

dont us ask them who r making u wait demand answers speak loudly throw files around lay down kicking your legs on the floor maybe with the attention they will remember you and your file wont be lost..

dont us ask them who r making u wait demand answers speak loudly throw files around lay down kicking your legs on the floor maybe with the attention they will remember you and your file wont be lost..

and this is the best advice you can give, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Jon

and this is the best advice you can give, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Jon

did i say something wrong?

Jon

You just gave extremely bad advice. If I were working for the USCIS, that strategy would probably make your file MORE likely to get delayed or misplaced, purely by accident, of course.

BTW, did you try that method? How well did it work?

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Jon

You just gave extremely bad advice. If I were working for the USCIS, that strategy would probably make your file MORE likely to get delayed or misplaced, purely by accident, of course.

BTW, did you try that method? How well did it work?

yes it works every time ! right! at least they will remember him by his first and last name..they will know who he is even if they laugh and crack jokes. even if he is the laughing joke of the immigration department.. no one can answer how long after the interview to oath..heck i can give that answer same as the IO would "its 90 days from the time of the interview" so why ask? the 90days do not mean anything cause some people wait 2 years,,some people wait months and months some get on the same day. did you like that answer? probably not..you probably want me to lie and say it takes just a few days..but i would be lying and just letting you hear what you want so just face the facts and dont go dreaming.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

yes it works every time ! right! at least they will remember him by his first and last name..they will know who he is even if they laugh and crack jokes. even if he is the laughing joke of the immigration department.. no one can answer how long after the interview to oath..heck i can give that answer same as the IO would "its 90 days from the time of the interview" so why ask? the 90days do not mean anything cause some people wait 2 years,,some people wait months and months some get on the same day. did you like that answer? probably not..you probably want me to lie and say it takes just a few days..but i would be lying and just letting you hear what you want so just face the facts and dont go dreaming.

To provide specific interview/oath time frames, can only go by those that have have completed the oath at a given field office location, and preferably as recently as possible to determine a trend. Delays can also be caused the desired number of applicants they prefer before scheduling the oath ceremony, and as reported on the board that number can very anywhere between 1 and 14,000. Having a selfish interest in the St. Paul area, did find this on the web:

"Oath & Naturalization ceremony held at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Check-in started at 9:00 AM. Ceremony commenced at 11:00 AM. Ceremony concluded at 12:10 PM. Approximately 1300 new individuals were naturalized."

And found that in the Minnesota area that approximately 10,000 applicants apply for citizenship every year. On a linear basis that would translate to an oath ceremony every 48 days. 120 days should be the maximum for the wait, after that period, an applicant can file a lawsuit against the USCIS if no word is heard. Also learned last year that many lawsuits were against the St. Paul office due to excessive oath delays, but hopefully they got their act together. Just couldn't find anything about this year.

As I informed my wife yesterday, maybe tomorrow, but repeated that again today, and perhaps tomorrow as well. If we don't hear anything in two months, that will be time to put a big red X on the calendar for filing a lawsuit, but hopefully, that will not happen and probably won't. Don't have the stress of that dang I-751, and she's good for another five years on her passport, and another ten on her green card. But, maybe tomorrow.

Ha, even opened my junk mail today, just on the possibility the oath notice was in one of those envelops, I am cracking up. And pitched the letters with both of our names in it, they have plenty of evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.