chasnik

Casa AP question

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So in Feb of 06 we had our interview. Mo was told 2 weeks...hahahahahahahaha :rofl: yeah its been like 5 months and everytime I call DOS I hear that wonderful word....PENDING!!! I guess my fear is that after all of this waiting they will come back and say Oh we're sorry your not getting it. I know people say that they have never heard of this happening unless there was criminal stuff that came up...and we dont have to worry about that here. So am I just being paranoid?

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Yes it is true if your SO is found to be a criminal, terrorist, contributing money to terrorist, or other horrible things they can deny the visa. But if this is the case they are really doing you a favor.

After 17 months of AP and three trips to Ankara Turkey we will know Wednesday if he has the visa or not. I looked at it this way. He was approved April 2007 unless he was found to be a "bad guy" and in that case I would not want him anyway.

Good luck and hang in there. It will end.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You have waited in AP since 2006???!!!!! :blink: :blink:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Yes it is true if your SO is found to be a criminal, terrorist, contributing money to terrorist, or other horrible things they can deny the visa. But if this is the case they are really doing you a favor.

After 17 months of AP and three trips to Ankara Turkey we will know Wednesday if he has the visa or not. I looked at it this way. He was approved April 2007 unless he was found to be a "bad guy" and in that case I would not want him anyway.

Good luck and hang in there. It will end.

Unreal!

To the OP, I have heard of 1 person that was on AP for over a year, then they did field investigations, then they sent it back to the USCIS. It can happen, but this person had some strikes against her that are not common.

It sometimes does take time, have you contacted your representative to help you with your case? They can't guarantee a visa, nor can they speed up the process, but they can keep them on their toes.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
So in Feb of 06 we had our interview. Mo was told 2 weeks...hahahahahahahaha :rofl: yeah its been like 5 months and everytime I call DOS I hear that wonderful word....PENDING!!! I guess my fear is that after all of this waiting they will come back and say Oh we're sorry your not getting it. I know people say that they have never heard of this happening unless there was criminal stuff that came up...and we dont have to worry about that here. So am I just being paranoid?

i know someone here his case is just like ur Fiance is case they have been on AP for like 5 months then they just decided to get married here and redo from scratch ,actually that was what they did and now they are on a k3 visa after all the wait they did ... so yo need to get help in US from big shots there and look for association that can push with you and weigh on USCIS and Casa etc ...you need to fight ....and also u have to make a real quick look at the interview ur Fiance had on the 6th Feb and see if there were any red flags and if he did well during interview and can i know how many time u have visited ?when AP is this long something is not ok and normal into the whole thing,personally if my AP would last more than 2 months i will be soo worried and Michelle will need to try everything including a lawyer that he is a great one like Marc ...i hope u hear some good news real soon and i am so sorry to hear ur AP lasted this long ..keep ur head up and neevr give up .

Timeline

His interview was great, he had the blonde and they laughed and talked and at the end he asked her did we get our visa? And she said to him yes we accept your relationship we will call you in 2 weeks to get your visa your case just needs a little further processing in Washington. I was fairly certain it wouldnt be 2 weeks since his name is Mohammed, but 5 months is pushing it. Giving up isnt an option for us..weve been together since 05, just tired of this wait!!!!

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
His interview was great, he had the blonde and they laughed and talked and at the end he asked her did we get our visa? And she said to him yes we accept your relationship we will call you in 2 weeks to get your visa your case just needs a little further processing in Washington. I was fairly certain it wouldnt be 2 weeks since his name is Mohammed, but 5 months is pushing it. Giving up isnt an option for us..weve been together since 05, just tired of this wait!!!!

your time line says feb07 in one of your statements is sounds like 06 and now 08 :blink: so when did he have his interview???

Rajaa

Timeline

Ooops that 07 is a typo, we filed this time in Dec of 06, was forwarded to the NVC in Nov of 07 had our interview in Feb of 08. We began talking to eachother in April of 05. Guess I need to fix that. That would account for some of the responses I guess lol...I was thinking dang I know I think 5 months is long but it isnt outside the norm that far!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mohamed is his name i so believe it doenst sound very nice to them a name that has this ring to it ....its related to terrorisme issues and #######...when your name is Mohamed,and a family name that starts with ABOU its a big issues for americans terrorities cuz they need to make sure whose this person and make sure he is not a terroriste and he doenst belong to any political trend etc ....but now sister chasnik all this dont matter what matter is that you need to FIGHT FIGHT u have to try everything small or big try it anything may help you contact ministery of foreign affairs ,get a lawyer involved ,senats ,congs ,associations that work in human rights etc .....u have to do something 5 Months is really too much i wish you the best .

Filed: Timeline

Have you called your senators office to do an inquiry? They may have misplaced your file. You need to call your senator. ( they are the ones that deal with immigration not the house members)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very Nice: I hope your friends cancelled the K1 before they got married and filed K3!

Chasnik: I hope you hear something soon. Wow I didn't realize there were still cases out there stuck. From Feb 06???? (that is when you originally filed, right?)

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Have you called your senators office to do an inquiry? They may have misplaced your file. You need to call your senator. ( they are the ones that deal with immigration not the house members)

Your US house rep can also do an inquiry on your behalf. When choosing from among your two US Senators adn one US House REp it is best to see which staff is most effective and helpful Not all staffers are equal.

And 5 months is not unsual for Casa. it is longer than normal, but not unusual.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everyone,

i was reading some postings here, and i'm really shocked to hear the way some people try to justify

delays related to visa issuance, some people said " because his name is mohamed" some other said

" they want to check to see if he's not a terrorist " come on people :D be realistic

how can a terrorist collecte all the documents needed including his police record (khowing that if

you have any criminal spot you wont get any immigration benefit ) and send them forward to

immigration services.. please , let's not try to hurt more other people feelings, i'm sure

too many petitionner and beneficiary get so frustrated to hear these kind of pre-judgement

let me tell you my i-130 petition-case

on july 23, 2007 my wife was refused to be granted her immigrant visa by us consulate of

casablanca, morocco, she was asked to bring more proof of our marriage relationship.by the way

my wife has never been married before, no past immigration issue, no criminal background ( she did

provide her clean moroccan police record part of her NVC package ) same day my wife had her

interview i did email the consulate and asked them to email me or call me if they need any help or

concern ,they didnt ask for any. this is just in case they need further details and my wife couldnt

help them . my wife came up 4 days later with more evidence including our weeding party pictures,

recent visit picture, emails exchanges, money transfer slip to her. she had her 2nd interview

with "the blonde lady" the result was " sorry i cant give you a visa " " your case will be returned to

uscis " no explanation or details of why , not even a single paper given

they sent back our petition to department of state on october 5, 2007

department of state send it back to uscis on november 6, 2007

uscis receive it back on december 12, 2007 with a recomendation to review it

i'm waiting :angry::mellow: it's almost 8 months now . i did contact my congressman, sent a letter

to office of ambudsman. and i'm not a criminal or terrorist :no:

I DONT EVEN HAVE A SPEEDING TICKET

believe it or not. THANKS GOD :dancing:

SO PLEASE DO NOT HURT ANYMORE PEOPLE FEELINGS

it's a problem with the system in place not with the petionner or the beneficiary. a system that's is

based on pre-judgement and suspissions. not on following laws, procedures and proven evidences

the result of this malfunctionning system is, breaking families apart

i have read many cases similar to mine and i was shocked . there is a lady that she had her husband

denied and SHE HAD TO SEND 28 POUNDS OF EVIDENCES TO USCIS TO REAFFIRM HER PETITION :wow:

this is not a joke this is sad reality :cry:

ladies and gentleman, i'm sure many of you did read my posting, you can be uscis , nvc,

us consulate employe, us consul, you can be attorney, human right activist, actual president of united

states of america, candidate for united state presidency doesnt matter. we need to get together and

do better to change this system where are dealing with

'WE NEED TO DO BETTER TO PRESERVE THE DEMOCRACY IN AMERICA"

" WE NEED TO PRESERVE THE RIGHT OF PEOPLE TO CHOOSE WHOM EVER THEY WANT TO MARRY"

" WE NEED TO PRESERVE THE RIGHT OF PEOPLE TO JOINT THEIR FAMILIES IN A REASONABLE

TIMELY MANNER "

finaly, i have a message to our follow citizens, please if you have been though this hardship

do not hesitate to practice your freedom of speech, speak up !! you are in a free country !!!

let's get together and work for change !!!!

THANK YOU ALL !!

Timeline

Talked with both senators offices today and chose to go with the more helpful sounding of the two. She emailed the release form to me at work, I faxed it back and she emailed me in about an hour sayg she had made some inquiries and shed let me know when she heard anything. May not help anything but at least helps me to not feel so freaking useless.

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.