pavan

URGENT EAD

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I am going to start residency in Toledo for which i need EAD.

I applied for EAD along with AOS on 2nd march at chicago lockbox.NOA was sent on 8th march and i finished biometric procedure on 22nd march.

Also i got EAD based on K1 visa,i know it is waste of money to apply EAD during this time but i needed the proof during my interview process.

Today is 75th day for EAD i know i still have 15 more days to go to complete 90 days but my program director wants it earlier and has warned me that he will start looking for other doctor if i dont get work permit by 1st june .

Please can anyone suggest what i should do to get work permit earlier,should i sent mail ?? call them??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There's nothing you can do until after 90 days.

There are many of us who would have tried if it was an option, believe me!

Best of luck with that job; hope your employer can cut you some slack and wait.

I'm in the same situation and so are many many people. The only *slight* possibility is an infopass appointment before the end of the 90 days to try it there...i have seen a few people have had success with this but its very VERY rare otherwise everyone would be doing it

If you do decide to give this a shot firstly dont get your hopes up as you will most likely be turned away and secondly go with as much evidence as you can about the job, being a doctor and some kind of letter from your employer.

I dont mean to make it worse but i dont hold out much hope of them being very understanding at the infopass (but who knows)

Let us know how you get on

Ian & Kristen

UK / U.S.A.

01/OCT/05 - I-129F sent to Vermont Service Centre

12/OCT/05 - NOA1 received

26/OCT/05 - NOA2, application approved

02/NOV/05 - Case now at London Embassy

25/NOV/05 - Packet 3 received

08/DEC/05 - Medical

21/DEC/05 - Packet 3 sent back

03/JAN/06 - Packet 4 received

09/JAN/06 - Interview day (approved)

11/FEB/06 - Fly to USA

14/FEB/06 - Get married

AOS/EAD/AP

10/MAR/06 - AOS, EAD, AP sent

12/MAR/06 - AOS, EAD, AP received

17/MAR/06 - Checks cashed for AOS, EAD and AP

18/MAR/06 - NOA received for AOS, EAD and AP. Receipt dated 15/MAR/06

05/APR/06 - Biometrics appointment

08/APR/06 - EAD and AOS touched

27/APR/06 - EAD and AP touched

29/APR/06 - EAD and AP touched

25/MAY/06 - AP approved and EAD touched

26/MAY/06 - AP touched

28/MAY/06 - AP received

30/MAY/06 - EAD approved & AOS interview schedule for 11/JULY/06

11/JULY/06 - AOS interview scheduled - Approved!!

Removal of Conditions

Jun/08 - Preparing evidence

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi...

I was one of those rare cases that got interim EAD before the 90 days, however it was only like 7 or 8 days. I would go with the most humble attitude, explain your case, let them know that you have a job waiting for you and that the only thing from keeping you from getting this job is the EAD.

I like to think that it has been my attitude that has helped me through this process when things have been delayed. I dont even let my USC husband do the talking, because the attitude totally kills us.

I would try the infopass, and like you've been advice, take all your documentation, so you can actually prove to them that you REALLY need the EAD sooner.

Good luck...

Our visa Journey ~~~~ 226 days

Removing Conditions on ~~~ May 2008

Our first anniversary ~~~ November 12, 2006

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Quote: Also i got EAD based on K1 visa,i know it is waste of money to apply EAD during this time but i needed the proof during my interview process.

Wait a minute....can you confirm the code you used when you submitted the I-765? I'm not sure I understand how you submitted the EAD application. Do you mean you applied for the EAD based on (a)(6) instead of ©(9)? The (a)(6) I believe is the one based on the K-1, whereas the ©(9) is based on an EAD requested after the K-1 marriage and with (or after) the AOS is submitted.

If so, they will not provide you an EAD if you checked the (a)(6) since it is not valid after a K-1 marriage. You would have to re-apply all over again as a ©(9), for the 1-year EAD. You would have been eligible for an interim (a)(6) EAD if you had submitted it before marriage and before submitting the I-485 (even though they are rarely worth it due to processing times), but since you submitted it with the AOS, it wouldn't be a valid code to use.

They won't allow you to "change" the code...they go by what was submitted originally.

Sorry if I have misunderstood what you said, but it seems by what you said you requested it as a K-1 code, so that you would have an NOA for job interview purposes, so I just wanted to verify what code you used on the I-765.

I thought, however, that others had applied with the K-1 code (when submitting with the AOS) and it was returned to them as invalid (since it was sent with the AOS), so I may have totally misunderstood and confused matters. :unsure:

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.