Aquelunya

your opinion is needed

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

For those of you who have perhaps read the other posts already know my situation with the cancelled interview and a dead end response every time I contact anyone. The embassy still has not answered my email, I wonder if its okay to write another one, a more persistent one stating to them that they are making a HUGE mistake? Apparently they ignored the first one...or will this piss them off and make it worse for me?

Thanx Much

Aque

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
For those of you who have perhaps read the other posts already know my situation with the cancelled interview and a dead end response every time I contact anyone. The embassy still has not answered my email, I wonder if its okay to write another one, a more persistent one stating to them that they are making a HUGE mistake? Apparently they ignored the first one...or will this piss them off and make it worse for me?

Thanx Much

Aque

omg I worry about that same stuff -- like if I get frustrated on the phone to the NVC officer, will my petition find its way into the garbage... ?

But no, I think you have every right to DEMAND a response since it's your life and your future-spouse's life. You deserve the courtesy of a decent reply. BUT BUT BUT choose your words carefully -- don't curse, don't WRITE IN ALL CAPS, and don't insult anyone. Just tell them you're extremely frustrated and the fact that they're ignoring you is bordering on cruel now. Tell them that you understand much of what is going on is out of their hands and coming from a higher authority, but that doesn't give them an excuse to keep you in limbo and ignore your questions about ... you know... your life and spouse and family and happiness.

Good luck! Talking to Embassy/Consulate people is such torture. I wonder if they're that evasive at restaurants : "Ma'am, would you like your steak medium or well?"

"I regret to inform that we are currently unable to respond to your inquiry." :hehe:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditto the embassy are acting on the instructions of USCIS their hands are tied. So sorry you have to go through this :luv:

Adele

Edited by MrsW2B

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

thannk you all!

The only problem is that no matter how many times I call the USCIS, no one knows anything! :crying:

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
The only problem is that no matter how many times I call the USCIS, no one knows anything! :crying:

In that respect, nothing ever changes :wacko:

The initial mystery that attends any journey is: how did the traveller reach his starting point in the first place?

---Louise Bogan, Journey Around my Room

Filed: Timeline

I would probably wait just a little more and not call the embassy just yet. I'm sure you know the reputation Americans have for being pushy and you don't want to piss off anyone at the embassy. If I have not heard anything I would contact them again and kill them with kindness as the saying goes. I know it is hard to be so close to goal but just give it a few days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanx Much

Aque

hmm... looking at your timeline, your NOA1 is 3/6/06.. and interview has been cancelled. that sounds familiar.. Correct me if I'm wrong but, "IMBRA???" check the link below.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13584

take note of aussiewench's post at the bottom.

Goodluck! :thumbs:

Thanx Much

Aque

hmm... looking at your timeline, your NOA1 is 3/6/06.. and interview has been cancelled. that sounds familiar.. Correct me if I'm wrong but, "IMBRA???" check the link below.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13584

take note of aussiewench's post at the bottom.

Goodluck! :thumbs:

correction: your noa1 is 3/08/06 .. IMBRA starts checking on NOA1 receipt dates March 6, 2006

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Hi Aquelunya

My interview was cancelled on May 11 .. a035.gif

same situation… Today I was talking with Embassy again, when I asked them if they returned my petition back because of IMBRA, they said- yes. That’s all what I’ve got from them. Polak got his interview rescheduled very fast So hopefully it won’t take a long time g020.gif

Tomorrow my fiancé going to call to USCIS.. I’ll post you the answer. Everything will be fine.. we just have to be patient. We already went through all process that mean our petitions is ok… Right?

But tell me please if you’ll get any news too.. Good Luck to you!

Hi Aquelunya

My interview was cancelled on May 11 .. a035.gif

same situation… Today I was talking with Embassy again, when I asked them if they returned my petition back because of IMBRA, they said- yes. That’s all what I’ve got from them. Polak got his interview rescheduled very fast So hopefully it won’t take a long time g020.gif

Tomorrow my fiancé going to call to USCIS.. I’ll post you the answer. Everything will be fine.. we just have to be patient. We already went through all process that mean our petitions is ok… Right?

But tell me please if you’ll get any news too.. Good Luck to you!

i think ours got rescheduled quickly because our NOA1 was Jan. 5th so this law could not be applied to our case. i dont know how long it will take for those of you affected by IMBRA and had their interviews cancelled. our interview is tomorrow =) GOOD LUCK i hope yours gets rescheduled very soon! Just know that sooner or later you guys will be together. the meeting is just going to be sweeter with time. =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.