pandora

Otherway round

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Following my interview yesterday my SO needs a sponsor as his tax return for last year was insufficient even though this year he has already exceeded the threshold. Have spoken to his parents who initially said no and had decided to legal advice from a immigration lawer before they make a decision. To be honest - if they wanted to do it they would of said yes to start with so am upset that were having to try and persuade them to complete the form, which for me is degrading as never had to ask anyone for support since I left home at 16 ( damn long time ago that was) and have no intention of asking for support

So we have decided that as I earn more a good salary and there are less aggravations to the process that we will abandon this one and he will apply for a UK fiance visa which may seem as it costs more but considering we have already spent hmm 455 540 70 262 ( $1372) on the American one which seems to have been a complete waste of money on our behalf, its not that expensive.

Anyway will get to my point are there any good sites for information on UK Fiance visas that people know of.

many thanks

bleh am grumpy atm :(

check out my time line and dont forget to update yours too :D

Timeline

So sorry to hear that Pandora.........I do not have any reply but heard that getting a visa to live in the UK is fast and painless

All the best

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Timeline
Sorry to hear about this. (F)

This is a pretty good site. http://talk.uk-yankee.com/

Good luck with everything. :thumbs:

Thanks for the link - Just wish it hadnt come to this - he hey ho thats how life goes sometimes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why didn't you self sponsor?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Why didn't you self sponsor?

not sure that i can as i will not have a job when i move so no income until i get EAD and employment, and only have so much in savings

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope for a happy ending for you.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Least moving to the UK is a lot quicker and cheaper.

Good luck. Sorry for what happened. Here's the link for UK immigration http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/

beach_1_001.jpg

Good luck. Sorry for what happened. Here's the link for UK immigration http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Is it really faster and cheaper? I know once both my boys are grown and onto college here Kris and I are seriously looking to leave the US and move back. Not sure where yet (thinking Ireland) but its still nearly 9 years away.

Is it really faster and cheaper? I know once both my boys are grown and onto college here Kris and I are seriously looking to leave the US and move back. Not sure where yet (thinking Ireland) but its still nearly 9 years away.

Can't speak for Ireland, but I imagine it's not too different from moving to the UK. It's cheaper than some routes to the US (K1 to AOS) but not cheaper than a CR1 or IR1 to the US. And for unmarried couples, it's a more expensive process to move to the UK.

It is definitely waaaaaay faster though. Like a matter of a few weeks rather than months to a year. It could change a lot in nine years, or even just two years really.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Hopefully by the time you decide to move to Ireland they will have sorted out there immigration system we were waiting a year with no response no matter how much we contacted the governement etc. I know they have changed now and are getting better but as with all things make sure you check it out. :)

21-01-08 Found Sponsor UIL

12-02-08 Requested Affadavits of Bona Fide marriage from freinds

04-03-08 1st affadavit received

07-03-08 2nd Affadavit received

11-03-083rd Affadavit received

12-03-08 Our affadavit notarised

13-03-08 I-130 Posted DCF london Embassy

15-03-08 Application rejected (Rejection was due to lack of evidence of DW permission to work and live in the uk which they had already and eveidence we had been living in the country permanently for the last six months)

17-03-08 Re submitted I-130 and G-325a's DCF to london along with supporting evidence.

04-04-08 Credit Card Billed NOA1

05-04-08 Email received confirming File date 4th of April

09-04-08 Evidence received back along with Affidavit of bona-fide marriage

21-04-08 Applied for Police certificate from the Gardaí

31-05-08 Received Police Clearance from the Gardai

19-06-08 1400hrs sent application for Police clearance certs ACRO

19-06-08 1401hrs Realised i hadnt put in copies of bills and passport so posted them in a separate envelope

20-06-08 Received phone call asking for copies of bills and passport

28-06-08 Received ACRO police cert and RFE for Affadavits ####### see 09-04-08. Sent original affadavits

09-07-08 NOA2 Received :)109 Days from filing

11-07-08 Packet 3 Received

14-07-08 Posted DS-230 waiting on Birth Certificate (long)

11-08-08 Visa Interview APPROVED

12-08-08 Medical at 0850

19-08-08 Visa in hand

05-12-08 Arrive in Twin Cities (Provisional)

Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear about your denial. However, I'm wondering why he got rejected if he is making above the threshold now. My last year's tax returns certainly wouldn't have worked as I was still in school and working only part time. I got a letter from my current employer stating my salary and position in the company and sent that along with several of my most recent paystubs.

I'm not clear on the rules here as it is something I haven't had to bother with but can you petition again if you provide more evidence of his current salary?

wtf-picard.jpg

I'm really sorry to hear that.

I was also of the understanding that your past tax returns don't need to pass the threshold, as long as they do NOW. That's why it's fine to be unemployed until the interview where you need to prove your method/s of support.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about this Pandora :(

I hope everything works out for you both! (F)

-Shan

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.