pkmk

N-400 JULY 2008 Filers

637 posts in this topic

Ewwww no suit for me.... makes me feel too stuffy =) Jeans and my cowboy hat. :jest: Kidding...lol. 1 more day everybody. Just 1 more day ...woohoo. Super excited!!!! Now if I can focus on my finals, I should be good to go.

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewwww no suit for me.... makes me feel too stuffy =) Jeans and my cowboy hat. :jest: Kidding...lol. 1 more day everybody. Just 1 more day ...woohoo. Super excited!!!! Now if I can focus on my finals, I should be good to go.

WOW KyngSilva, I feel your excitement.

Good luck tomorrow :dance::dance::dance:

DO: Atlanta

Timeline

12/23/2008 N400 sent to Texas

12/25/2008 Forwarded

12/29/2008 Delivered to LEWISVILLE, TX

12/29/2009 Priority date

01/06/2009 Check cashed

01/09/2009 NOA Received

03/03/2009 Called USCIS (Added in interview queue on Feb 25th)

03/27/2009 CFR received

04/30/2009 FP requested through Infopass & Done

05/18/2009 Interview Letter received

06/22/2009 Interview Date & Passed

06/22/2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Today is the day!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Our little July group is officially done.

I want to share good news too. I got a job working for federal government!!!!! :star: That wouldn't be possible without being a citizen. :innocent: So excited.

Now I am in the process of obtaining the security clearance and it is more paperwork than I have ever done for my green card or citizenship. :wacko:

But I told them that my background was checked so many times in the process of immigration that it will be easy for them as FBR already knows me. :whistle:

Anyway today is our friends' big day. Yeah!!!!!!

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Congratulations, Lyuba, to get Federal job. :thumbs:

Also I guess it's almost time for KyngSilva and KatLovM to be done with Oath Ceremony if they are scheduled for morning.

Congratulations to KyngSilva and KatLovM, too.

I guess except the review for oath ceremory, there is not much reasons to visit this thread again. :whistle:

Hi guys!!!

My ceremony is not until 5:00 this evening.... anxious!!! Lyuba congrats on your job. Thanks both for your well wishes. I will let you guys know tonight how everything goes.

My Citizenship Timeline

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

We will be here waiting for details!!!!! :thumbs:

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

Hi guys!!!

My ceremony is not until 5:00 this evening.... anxious!!! Lyuba congrats on your job. Thanks both for your well wishes. I will let you guys know tonight how everything goes.

O.k.

I will have a beer or two to celebrate the end of long journey for KyngSilva and KatLovM.

Maybe another for Lyuba's new job. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Now I am in the process of obtaining the security clearance and it is more paperwork than I have ever done for my green card or citizenship. :wacko:

I had to get one, too, but it took a lot less time than I expected. I was really nervous putting down all my "foreign" family down. And I had to get my current and expired passports to list all my foreign travel. But a couple months later it was done and approved.

Make sure you hold on to that clearance. Makes you eligible for a lot more jobs out there.

BTW, congrats Kingsylva! Give us a play-by-play of your ceremony.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Hi everybody,

I AM DONE!!! WOOHOO.....

So we got there 15 mins earlier than they wanted me to be there. Not a problem. At this point it did not matter I was just excited that I was finally going to get my citizenship. The line to get to your seating was looooooooong. It started to wrap around. Stood there for a good 35 mins. They had come and checked our documents and made sure we all had our cards and filled out the paper work. Then for some odd reason the lady checked my paper and pulled me up front, something to do with my alien number and I got seated pretty quickly. Ceremony started on time, the judge gave his speech, it was a 10 min speech. Then we heard a video recording of President Obama during his inauguration speech. It was nice. They handed out the certificates and then asked us to stick around if we wanted to.

We left as the line to the judge was long and we were all hungry I had 3 of my friends with their girlfriends show up. So it was great having people and them welcoming me.

Now on to my next adventure as a police officer, more background checks and more fingerprints and more interviews. =) But the feeling of being part of a country is awesome.

I thank you all for all your support. MOONHUNT and Lyuba thank you for all your support and for always checking in on us. You guys are awesome!! I've spent nearly 9 months on here and it was fun to learn and help people. Rclouse thank you for the wishes.

My Citizenship Timeline

Hi everybody,

I AM DONE!!! WOOHOO.....

Hi, KyngSilva

Nice to hear that you are done with USCIS. :thumbs:

Probably lady may remember your A# because you contacted them so many times. :whistle:

Cheers!

Time for beers! :devil:

Filed: Country: Gabon
Timeline

A new day has come! And I’m finally an U.S. citizen!!! You can call me now a fellow citizen…lol. Something striking in me: I’ve been living in the US for almost eight years now, today was only time that “The Star Spangled-banner” emotionally meant something to me. I felt deepened and broadened into American ideals of solidarity.

In brief, I responded to the appointment promptly at 7:00 am. The ceremony started at 8:00 am. And we went through the ritual phases of the ceremony, including speeches from three members of Orlando Seminole County Bar Associate. A very emotional period that brought tears on the eyes of a lot of people in the audience: when a young lawyer shared us her personal story and her appreciation of being an US citizen, referring to a struggled period her mom went through when she visited Philippines, her native country, back in 2005. She was unlawfully detained and imprisoned by the Philippines government for 14 months without trial. By the efforts of her daughter, senators and other faithful citizens, her mom was released and taken back to her adoptive country, the USA…

We later sworn in and received the Naturalization Certificate around 10:30 am. I registered to vote, drove quickly to the Social Security office to change the status of my record, made a copy of the certificate and ended up in the Post office to apply for the passport. Then I went to have a peaceful meal party with my Family members, some friends and two neighbors on my backyard.

Again, congratulations to everyone!!! We made it! Thank you 100 times for your support!

Yahoo~~~ ^^

Finally 2008 July filers thread can be closed. :whistle:

100%...

Attached file is statistics graph for 2008 July Filers.

visajourney_n400_2008_july_filers_graph.pdf

In average, it took 166 calendar days from mailing N400 to Oath Ceremony. ::whistle::

Edited by moonhunt

Congrats Kat. Im super happy for your!!!

My Citizenship Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
A new day has come! And I'm finally an U.S. citizen!!!

Hi everybody,

I AM DONE!!! WOOHOO.....

Many congrats you guys!! :dance::star::dance::star: Party Time!!

Edited by MsAnn

The above is not legal advice.

It is either from research or merely my opinion.

smiley-6061.png

vjsig.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.